Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3244
View in linear mode

Subject: "A/T 1/4 mile time.." Previous topic | Next topic
K-MaK22Jul-26-03 05:55 PM
Member since Jul 09th 2003
63 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3244, "A/T 1/4 mile time.."

I want to get a good idea on what i should be running if i have an auto GS with just CAI... And then what should i be running if i get UDP and full exhaust system... Thanks

RIP 97 GS

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - STOCK

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., 1FastEclipse, Jul-28-03 11:37 AM, #1
RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., importzrule, Aug-07-03 05:39 AM, #2
      RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., woo2gnt97, Aug-07-03 06:52 AM, #3
      RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., ThE oRACLe, Aug-07-03 07:55 AM, #4
           RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., importzrule, Aug-08-03 06:28 AM, #5
      RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., endless73, Aug-16-03 05:09 AM, #6
      RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., TeamAvenger, Aug-16-03 11:49 AM, #7
           RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., WIKKI, Aug-17-03 09:29 PM, #8
                RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., dfresh, Aug-17-03 10:03 PM, #9
                     RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., ThE oRACLe, Aug-18-03 07:17 AM, #10
                          RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., Remy, Aug-18-03 05:45 PM, #11
                               RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., importzrule, Sep-10-03 06:27 AM, #12
                                    RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., TXrepresent, Sep-15-03 01:06 PM, #13
                                         RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., ThE oRACLe, Sep-22-03 06:19 AM, #14
                                              RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., python6586, Oct-08-03 02:52 AM, #15
                                                   RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-01-03 10:46 AM, #16
                                                        RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., Chamuko, Nov-03-03 07:39 AM, #17
                                                             RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-03-03 01:47 PM, #18

1FastEclipseJul-28-03 11:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3260, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 0

Right now you are 17's and with the udp and exhuast you will probably get a high 16.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

importzruleAug-07-03 05:39 AM
Member since May 12th 2003
162 posts,
#3312, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 1

can anyone please tell me why in the hell i run a 18.9 on 110 octane then, launching from L at about 2300rpm, no wheel spin, just ram air intake, was a hot humid day in indiana, had a system in the trunk too, but that much slower for those factors? its a fully loaded gs, sunroof, full power, and leather, is my car on key or is it lagging behind

-Ryan a.k.a. "r'ICE'r" 99EclipseGS "10th Anniversary Edition" *2Low,2Slow* / Superior Master Of The A604 / 18.418 1/4e.t. .165 r/t

woo2gnt97Aug-07-03 06:52 AM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
1362 posts,
#3313, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 2

Heh, because our a/t's are slow.

I have the mods listed and ran 17.1 or so on an extremely cold night, (probaly 30-40 degrees). I had some traction issues .. yeh wierd in the a/t lol.

But w/ just intake, I'll bet you'll pull a mid 17 or low 17. With UDP, and exhaust .. you'll be lucky if you can hit a 16 but its not likely.

Good luck tho

Black 97 Eclipse RS a/t
17'' HP Typhoons
Goldline Springs w/ Tokico Blues
Nakayama CAI
Cat-Back Exhaust
Final Drive Gears
AFX UDP

Metallic Fiji Blue 92 3000GT VR4
Gutted pre-cats
K&N Intake

ThE oRACLeAug-07-03 07:55 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#3314, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 3

18.9 ???????? yeeeesh i think u answered your own question by saying u had it in first ... leave the car in drive pls o/d off... its an automatic ... if u wanted to shift u should have gotten a manual ...

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

importzruleAug-08-03 06:28 AM
162 posts,
#3318, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 4

alright ill try that, but like i posted in performance/engine then in auto trans my car has gain a considerable more ammount of power with the throttle body mod,(1) it wasnt opening all the way before so there is one problem eliminated (2) Im taking all that junk out of my trunk (subs, spare, jack) (3) Im launching it in Drive this time even though i read on the site somewhere to launch in Low (4) Hopefully it wont be so hot and humid like last time i went. if before my girls 02 cavy with just a fiberglass hood and its an auto pulled from me all the way from the light and kept a 1 car lentgth, and now i pull from her and get about half a car length thats some tenths of a second gone, and thats with my system and other junk in. what do u guys think ill run now?

-Ryan a.k.a. "r'ICE'r" 99EclipseGS "10th Anniversary Edition" *2Low,2Slow* / Superior Master Of The A604 / 18.418 1/4e.t. .165 r/t

endless73Aug-16-03 05:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#3352, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 2

1. a/t's are slow to begin with
2. it was hot and humid
3. too much weight...need to take everything out

>can anyone please tell me why in the hell i run a 18.9 on 110
>octane then, launching from L at about 2300rpm, no wheel spin,
>just ram air intake, was a hot humid day in indiana, had a
>system in the trunk too, but that much slower for those
>factors? its a fully loaded gs, sunroof, full power, and
>leather, is my car on key or is it lagging behind

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

TeamAvengerAug-16-03 11:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#3353, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-16-03 11:56 AM by Avenger

>can anyone please tell me why in the hell i run a 18.9 on 110

Err ... why are you using 110 octane? You're NA, just bolt-ons, nothing to lean the fuel mixture, you're good on 87-89 octane. That just makes it worse. Higher octane doesn't make you go faster it only prevents the on set of detonation which would normally allow you to run a larger shot of NOS or more boost. Dump the 110, it'll help your ETs.

Also, stock ATs are not quick. There are mods that help the AT get faster but the ones that help the most are the ones on the trans itself (final drive mod). Loose the excess wieght, it just makes you go slower.

BTW, the fastest NA time with an AT is 16.7-16.8ish that I know of.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

WIKKIAug-17-03 09:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#3359, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 7

I have all the goodies and can't get below 17.7 1/4. if you want to go faster, you will HAVE to boost IMHO.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

dfreshAug-17-03 10:03 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
#3361, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 8

if it takes u a while to get to the track....(a long drive)....let the car cool off before u run it.....heat is a very bad thing for our auto's.......if u get on it all the way there and then pull right in line your tranny is hot....and doesn't like it....equals slower times.....good launchin will help u also......from what ive tested on the street.....power brakin up too 2300 or the stall speed ( i guess thats what its called) doesn't feel as fast say u rev up too 2000 or a little less......id just take out all the stuff in the trunk....run twice at the most and let if rest a min.....restin between runs will prolong the life of the tranny.....less heat:thumbsup

18.9 is the very reason i wont run at the track......signs point to slow so i ain't gonna go.......

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

ThE oRACLeAug-18-03 07:17 AM
1135 posts,
#3366, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 9

oracles shooting for a 16.7 for a dial in ... so we shall see what the above mods and lots of weight reductions do ..

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

RemyAug-18-03 05:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#3370, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 10

>oracles shooting for a 16.7 for a dial in ... so we shall see
>what the above mods and lots of weight reductions do ..

^^he can make 16's^^

http://www.BerkshireCountyImports.com

importzruleSep-10-03 06:27 AM
162 posts,
#3432, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 11

ok, i know for a fact i got faster then what i was running, why im not sure, for one i got rid of the 2 12' and put in 1 12' a little weight gone, also, it looks that i have oil in 2 spark plug wells so bad you cant see the plugs so im not getting the full spark another problem of mine, im planning on having all this and more fixed by this thursday/friday and if the track is open this following tuesday im going, its a little cooler than what it was before when i ran my car. I used to get beat by a car lenght plus by my girls 02 cavy 2.2, now i beat her by about a car length plus, so you make the estimate, before 18.9, what now? and i havent even fixed that oil leak yet. we will see soon enough. i launch it in drive too, but i also power brake to 1750 the mark right under 2000

TXrepresentSep-15-03 01:06 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
#3454, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 12

When I didn't use my N20 I ran a 16.9, my fastest NA time with the mods listed. But with a 75 shot of N20, I ran a 14.9! Now I have a blown engine, due to a spun bearing. So it will be all motor in the making.

ThE oRACLeSep-22-03 06:19 AM
1135 posts,
#3467, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 13

aww thanks rem ~!~

oRACLe's 1997 RS

python6586Oct-08-03 02:52 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#3523, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 14

not trying to steal your post or anything but what do u think i could run wit a stage 1 t/3 at 5-6 psi?

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-01-03 10:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#3634, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by python6586
not trying to steal your post or anything but what do u think i could run wit a stage 1 t/3 at 5-6 psi?

faster than you would w/o it...
That question is nearly impossible to answer due to the fact that so much more is involved than just a turbo... driver, traction, other mods, weather... ect.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

ChamukoNov-03-03 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#3639, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 16

w/ the Star stage 2 , 6 psi , blown HG ( didnt know it was blown when i ran ).

time 15.2 @ 98mph, Power braking ( brakes cant hold the car back anymore) and letting it upshift from L. I get a bit of spin onb the line and some in the 1-2 shift.Cheap Goodyear eagle GT II's.

only 4psi, exhaust leaks, 17.4 @ 82.

Mcgyver and many other say that holding the gas pedal down and power braking her till the stall is bad for the timming. If you just hold off the power braking and 1/2 throttle it till say 2k rpms and then mash the gas you should get the full potential from your car.

Well AT anyways. One question I have about this though, wouldnt timming retardation be agood thing for us boosted guys w/o ignition retardation int he first place?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-03-03 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#3640, "RE: A/T 1/4 mile time.."
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Chamuko
Mcgyver and many other say that holding the gas pedal down and power braking her till the stall is bad for the timming. If you just hold off the power braking and 1/2 throttle it till say 2k rpms and then mash the gas you should get the full potential from your car. Well AT anyways. One question I have about this though, wouldnt timming retardation be agood thing for us boosted guys w/o ignition retardation int he first place?

I heard that it starts pulling timing after about 4 secs. If both cars are staged, it's ok to brake torque but if you're all set and the other car only has 1 set of lights, wait. When he's fully staged, then start your brake torque.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3244 Previous topic | Next topic