Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3235
View in linear mode

Subject: "Me versus Mustang GT" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipseman1999Jul-26-03 08:16 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2003
973 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3235, "Me versus Mustang GT"

Who should win?I have a 99rs 5speed with cai,exhaust,udp.The car im racing is a 94 mustan gt with a 5.0 that is bone stock and has 215hp and is automatic.Also its a convertible so it heavier.So who should when in the 1/4mile?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Me versus Mustang GT, icedout, Jul-26-03 08:26 AM, #1
RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-26-03 09:15 AM, #2
      RE: Me versus Mustang GT, invaznGST, Jul-27-03 03:49 AM, #3
      RE: Me versus Mustang GT, invaznGST, Jul-27-03 03:51 AM, #4
           RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-27-03 07:56 AM, #5
                RE: Me versus Mustang GT, Twiste, Jul-27-03 10:17 AM, #6
                RE: Me versus Mustang GT, invaznGST, Jul-28-03 01:46 AM, #7
                     RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-28-03 07:28 AM, #8
                          RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-28-03 08:34 AM, #9
                               RE: Me versus Mustang GT, blitzeclipse99, Jul-28-03 11:18 AM, #10
RE: Me versus Mustang GT, 1FastEclipse, Jul-28-03 11:33 AM, #11
RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-28-03 12:23 PM, #12
      RE: Me versus Mustang GT, 1FastEclipse, Jul-28-03 12:45 PM, #13
           RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-28-03 01:15 PM, #14
                RE: Me versus Mustang GT, invaznGST, Jul-28-03 01:49 PM, #15
                     RE: Me versus Mustang GT, chrysler kid, Jul-28-03 02:29 PM, #16
                          RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-28-03 03:07 PM, #17
                               RE: Me versus Mustang GT, invaznGST, Jul-28-03 03:50 PM, #18
                                    RE: Me versus Mustang GT, eclipseman1999, Jul-28-03 05:12 PM, #19
                                         RE: Me versus Mustang GT, ModeratorVX100, Jul-29-03 05:20 AM, #20
                                         RE: Me versus Mustang GT, ThE oRACLe, Jul-29-03 06:45 AM, #21
                                              RE: Me versus Mustang GT, icedout, Jul-29-03 01:22 PM, #22
                                         RE: Me versus Mustang GT, slodsm, Jul-31-03 03:06 PM, #23
                                              RE: Me versus Mustang GT, 1FastEclipse, Jul-31-03 06:43 PM, #24
                                                   RE: Me versus Mustang GT, icedout, Aug-01-03 11:13 AM, #25
                                                        RE: Me versus Mustang GT, Remy, Aug-01-03 12:42 PM, #26
                                                             RE: Me versus Mustang GT, DarKReaLity, Aug-01-03 01:52 PM, #27
                                                                  RE: Me versus Mustang GT, EclipseRST, Aug-02-03 05:42 PM, #28

icedoutJul-26-03 08:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3236, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 0

the mustang!!!!!!!!!

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipseman1999Jul-26-03 09:15 AM
973 posts,
#3242, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 1

are you sure?His car weight somewhere around 3500lbs or more and is auto.I have heard of n/a eclipse beating auto gst and his mustang only has 5 hp more.

invaznGSTJul-27-03 03:49 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#3245, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 2

lol your RS will get smoked.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

invaznGSTJul-27-03 03:51 AM
3897 posts,
#3246, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 2

>are you sure?His car weight somewhere around 3500lbs or more
>and is auto.I have heard of n/a eclipse beating auto gst and
>his mustang only has 5 hp more.

rofl not this again.. it's very rare an NA eclipse beating an auto GST..maybe if the GST is completely bone stock and has a sub system in it and the 420a is heavily modded. i can smoke a 94 style mustang GT with no problem. of course i can beat an RS even easier.. and 3500 lbs for a mustang GT..GSTs weigh like 3200 or 3300.. so it's not really that far apart.. you'll get your ass handed to you.. just hope he doesnt hit his hazzards on you once he beats you :x

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

eclipseman1999Jul-27-03 07:56 AM
973 posts,
#3248, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 4

You dont have to have alot of mods to beat a auto gst.I have beat several and dont have a ton of mods.I have seen auto gst at the track running high 15's-low 16's.It was just a simple question I asked you didnt have to try to act like a bad ass just because you have a gst.

TwisteJul-27-03 10:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#3249, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 5

they are really biased towards their GSTs i have found out I just say try it, you may win, you may not...but you tried anyways. Oh, and yea, i beat a GST too. AHAHAH

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

invaznGSTJul-28-03 01:46 AM
3897 posts,
#3254, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-28-03 01:51 AM by invaznGST

>You dont have to have alot of mods to beat a auto gst.I have
>beat several and dont have a ton of mods.I have seen auto gst
>at the track running high 15's-low 16's.It was just a simple
>question I asked you didnt have to try to act like a bad ass
>just because you have a gst.

i said you'd get smoked. i wasn't trying to be a badass i was trying to state the obvious facts. hrm..your mid-high 16 second RS versus a mid 14 second mustang GT..you tell me which one is getting smoked. And yes I said smoked. not beaten by half a car or some shit..he's gonna pass you and lap you again and again. especially if it's a 5.0 GT. now stfu until you know your facts. you asked if you would lose and i said you'd get smoked. calm down.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

eclipseman1999Jul-28-03 07:28 AM
973 posts,
#3256, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 7

First my car is not a mid 16 sec car,more like mid 15's. Im not stock,Also the 4.6l mustangs have more hp the the 94 5.0l mustang.Also where did you get the info that says a convertible automatic gt mustang runs mid 14's?Most reveiws are for coupe 5speed mustangs.

eclipseman1999Jul-28-03 08:34 AM
973 posts,
#3257, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 8
Jul-28-03 08:37 AM by eclipseman1999

Hey you said a mustang gt runs mid 14's think heres a web site that has all the cars 1/4 mile times. again.http://www.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html

A 94 mustang gt 5.0 runs a 15.1 and thats with a 5speed coupe not to mention witha good driver.The kid that want to race has a convertible so im sure it a couple hundred more pounds plus it auto so im sure he a high 15 sec car if not worse.It also says that a 93 mustang gt coupe runs a 16.1.So maybe next time you should know the facts before you run your mouth

blitzeclipse99Jul-28-03 11:18 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2002
172 posts,
#3258, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 9

geez...why has there been soooo much tension here at 2gnt the past couple of weeks??? Oh well, I beat a GT coupe that was auto. I barely beat him though...by like half of my front fender.

1FastEclipseJul-28-03 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#3259, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 0

94 Mustang GT convertable weighs 3,452 lbs, has 215 HP, and 285 Ft-LBS of torque. Your Eclipse stock weighs 2754 lbs, has 140HP, and 130ft lbs of torque. Now you say you have a cai, udp, and exhaust so we will be generous and say you are at 155 fly wheel hp. That stang has 60 more HP and over twice the amount of torque which is what is going to get that heavy ass car moving fast. He is going to tear ya a new one from a stop with all that torque and you won't have enough hp to catch him either. That's if he is bone stock, minimal mods will bring the 5.0L to life real quickly. I will have to agree with ivaznGST that you will get raped. Sorry man, but reality is a bitch

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

eclipseman1999Jul-28-03 12:23 PM
973 posts,
#3261, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 11

Hey Ill race him and see what will happen like i stated before a 93 auto gt runs 16.1 so even with alot of torque its not that fast.

1FastEclipseJul-28-03 12:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#3262, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 12

You know what you are doing. Your internet racing. Have you ever even gone to the track? Times you see listed on the internet and the ones you actually see at the track are most of the time different. I thought you said 94 not 93. To tell ya the truth I think the 93 would be harder to beat than the 94 considering it weighs about the same as you and has much more power. I'm not sayin you shouldn't race him. I would race him just to see how much more work you need to do to win. Goodluck!

eclipseman1999Jul-28-03 01:15 PM
973 posts,
#3263, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 13

yes i have been to the track and i was just saying what it says on the website for a stock 5.0.And yes it is a 94 but since the only time for a automatic mustang on their was the 93gt the other is a 94 gt coupe 5speed that runs 15.1.My time at the track is between 15.6-15.7.

invaznGSTJul-28-03 01:49 PM
3897 posts,
#3264, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 14

so you're saying with your cold air intake, exhaust, udp you run mid 15s? so a stage1 turbo 420a is just BARELY faster than your car? i'm calling bs. show me a timeslip. sounds like you're bench racing. i know lots of good drivers on 2gnt with more mods than you and they run low 16s.. show me a timeslip and i'll shut my mouth and you can make me feel dumb.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

chrysler kidJul-28-03 02:29 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#3265, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 15

i keep hearing of this stock auto gst every one says they can beat. odds are if its auto and stock its not going to race you. i have a friend who has a 5 speed gst with minimal mods. his tranny siezed when he shifted to 3rd at the track and coasted to an 18.4 1/4 time. You may have seen a gst run a 17 at the track but i doubt it was stock and i bet it was having problems. go out and race him already

11.65 @ 115

eclipseman1999Jul-28-03 03:07 PM
973 posts,
#3266, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 16

I dont have my time slip anymore but im going to the track either this weekend or next weekend and ill post it and befor i go im installing my header and new throtle body.And I dont know if i have one of those factory freaks or if Im just a really good driver but that is my time.Also if your saying im bs then i gues you also calling 1TuffRS and others liers because i ran 15.4 wich is faster than me and the only other mod he had was a jeep throtle body.Ill post my slip as soon as i go on this thread

invaznGSTJul-28-03 03:50 PM
3897 posts,
#3267, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 17

i thought VX100 was like one of the fastest NAs on this board and he runs like mid-low 15s.. beating a mustang GT with an RS is possible but i highly doubt it would happen unless the RS was a superb 5 speed driver and the GT was some grandma automatic with subs and shit. but if you say you ran it.. i mean that's cool..just post some slips.. i dont know much stuff about mustangs except the GTs run like low 15s-low 14s depending on the year and the # of liters.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

eclipseman1999Jul-28-03 05:12 PM
973 posts,
#3268, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 18
Jul-28-03 05:14 PM by eclipseman1999

Like I said before go to that site I just gave you and it says that a 93 gt auto mustang runs a 16.1,cobras are the only ones that are in the 14's. And I will post my timeslips soon as I hit the track since you dont beleive m

ModeratorVX100Jul-29-03 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3270, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 19

I've beaten a few V8 mustangs, but trust me not many! The majority just keep pulling away at least once I hit the 1/8th mile, if not before then. It's nice to be able to take a few of them, but for the most part they win that's just how it is.

Of the few I've taken, they were defenitely not heavily modded. Most were probably mid 90s auto tranny cars too.

It's possible, but the wins against them are few and far between. They have too big of an engine for us all motor. Now if I was running some boost...

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ThE oRACLeJul-29-03 06:45 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#3271, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 20

or if todds baby was on the bottle ...lol

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

icedoutJul-29-03 01:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#3272, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 21

Just race him already and quit the BS..... there is only one way to see who will win..... race him....... just like i did with two bikes on the Bronx River..... i bounced on them at first then they ate me up.... but i stayed with him up too about 115-125mph before he left me. John and remy were behind me when i was doing this so they can verify......

Just race

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

slodsmJul-31-03 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
293 posts,
#3275, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 19

>Like I said before go to that site I just gave you and it
>says that a 93 gt auto mustang runs a 16.1,cobras are the only
>ones that are in the 14's. And I will post my timeslips soon
>as I hit the track since you dont beleive m

That has absolutely got to be the funniest shit I have ever read in my life, do you honestly think that a 93 mustang GT auto runs a 16.1? Not even close. the curb weight on a SCALE, not a mag, is just over 3100 lbs, I have witnessed many many many of them run low 15 to high 14s with your average off the street driver, next up, only the cobra runs 14's? Second most retarded thing I have heard today, My room mates 94 (crappy year, cast pistons, shitty intake track,horribly pinched headers) ran so many 100 14.2's with a set of flowmasters and the stock fucking airbox its rediculous. I cannot believe some of the shit I here coming from this place. 2GNT used to be a kick ass site with a lot of info and people who knew what they had and what it was capable of, now with the exception of the older dudes here, this is like club SI or something. Race the GT, go home with your head tucked under your arm cause he walked you like his little bitch, realize that all those magazines screwed you over, and then wake up and understand with a 110 whp car, you NEED either a turbo, N2O, or a shitload of money for na work to run with those cars cause if they lose, they were not racing. The 96 to 98 GT's are the shittiest years the mustang has had since the pre 87 versions and they run low 15's stock with an auto. Go see a real racetrack before you read all this C&D and motortrend crap.

Gone but not forgotten.....
1998 Eagle Talon ESI, built and boosted 14.2@98
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD12.91@104
1992 Honda Hatch swapped and sprayed14.0@108

1FastEclipseJul-31-03 06:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#3277, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 23

slodsm, I couldn't have said it better. lol

icedoutAug-01-03 11:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#3278, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 24

Thank you finally someone that knows that the stock NT 420a is snail slow................

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque

RemyAug-01-03 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#3279, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 25

Damn slodsm .... way to lay the law down.

http://www.BerkshireCountyImports.com

DarKReaLityAug-01-03 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#3280, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 26

go slowdsm! wait to put it...and i being turbo when i used to be running 7psi. i barely beat a mustang from that year. i had a car length kind like next to my gas tank. and with that much HP i still wasn't satisfied. but you'll see when you actually race one, you'll wish you have turbo.

EclipseRSTAug-02-03 05:42 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#3291, "RE: Me versus Mustang GT"
In response to Reply # 27

You'll need a turbo to take a Mustang GT. As embarassing as it sounds, it's true. You'll lose to any car with well over twice your displacement.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3235 Previous topic | Next topic