Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3180
View in linear mode

Subject: "Should I be able to take a z28?" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseJul-13-03 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3180, "Should I be able to take a z28?"

I am currently running 85shot of N20, Intake, Header, 2.5" Apexi N1 exhuast, test pipe, UDP, Strengthened Motor Mounts, and a few other small things. I raced a few newer model Z28's (LS1's and LT1's) around town, from a stop can hang around their rear bumper while they still slowly pull away and when I race them on the highway it is about the same but they pull away a little faster. Shouldn't I be able to stay right with em or even beat one? I'm just wondering if something is not right with my setup. Could running too rich really effect your performance by that much? Thanks guys.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Justin99RSJul-15-03 10:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3187, "RE: Should I be able to take a z28?"
In response to Reply # 0

nope, that sounds about right...the LT1 v8 will click off low 14's in the 1/4 and the LS1 will click off mid 13's with the right driver and high 13-low low 14's with an average joe driver...so sounds like your right on target.

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

invaznGSTJul-20-03 03:50 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#3210, "RE: Should I be able to take a z28?"
In response to Reply # 1

85 shot isn't nearly enough.. on the highway they should woop you and pull on you..their topend is a lot better. you'll need a turbo or more nitrous to beat it.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

slodsmJul-31-03 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
293 posts,
#3276, "RE: Should I be able to take a z28?"
In response to Reply # 2

Nope, an LT1 on the highway maybe, and LS1 will rape you bad. I have ran many an LS1 with my own muscle cars and lost when I was making a lot of power. Stock LS1 cars with a decent driver and a 6 speed will run hi 12's if its not humid and a auto car will only be a couple of tenths behind them

Gone but not forgotten.....
1998 Eagle Talon ESI, built and boosted 14.2@98
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD12.91@104
1992 Honda Hatch swapped and sprayed14.0@108

DarKReaLityAug-01-03 01:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#3281, "RE: Should I be able to take a z28?"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah i raced one on the street, and i did beat it running 13psi, that's about 250-260WHP, so maybe depending on the driver, you might be even with one at from a stop...it all depends. but give it a try, you might be surprised. when i won the race i was 1 1/2 car length passed it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3180 Previous topic | Next topic