Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3170
View in linear mode

Subject: "Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiJul-12-03 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3170, "Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"

Alright guys, here are my slips..I'll get them scanned as soon as I go to my parents house and post them.

A couple things for you guys to keep in mind.
1) First time ever at a race track.
2) 90+ degrees outside
3) 130+ degrees on the track
4) 5,500 ft above sea level

1st run vs. 1969 Camaro SS, 355ci, 425HP

Reaction: 0.5747
60 ft: 3.1759
1.8 Mile: 12.6641
1/8 MPH: 58.35
1/4 Mile: 19.0203
1/4 MPH: 77.40

I won! She jumped the gun and ran a red light!
I had some serious issues with traction on this run. Peeled the tires through all of 1st and 2nd gears!!! Never done that before!! Dropped the clutch at about 4K rpm which flooring the gas! Whoops

2nd run vs. 1973 El Camino SS, 350ci

Reaction: 0.6783
60 ft: 2.7317
1/8 mile: 11.5921
1/8 MPH: 60.38
1/4 Mile: 17.9376
1/4 MPH: 76.32

I lost, the guy ran a 17.34! Too bad the El Camino was in less than perfect condition.

3rd run vs. 2002 Crown Victoria! Their engine blew up in their camaro, so they pulled out the loaner!!

Reaction: 0.7338
60 ft: 2.6731
1/8 Mile: 11.4777
1/8 MPH: 58.82
1/4 Mile: 17.8301
1/4 MPH: 77.45

Not too bad. I had a decent launch, no tire squeeling, but I still had to play catchup on this bitch in this car!!! I won, thank God my car runs faster than a Crown Victoria!!

END OF MORNING DIAL IN TRIAL RUNS!

4th run vs 2002 Crown Victoria...AGAIN!
This is for real, this is single elimination, must win to stay in!
Dial In: 17.80

Reaction: 0.6521
60 ft: 2.4886
1/8 Mile: 11.1624
1/8 MPH: 59.93
1/4 Mile: 17.4651 !!!!!
1/4 MPH: 76.69
Off Dial: -0.3349

Dammit, I lost. I did have my best run of the day, and I don't feel it would get much better than that with my current mods @ this elevation.

Kind of dissappointed, I thought I would hit 16s, I actually thought lower 16s, so mid 17s is quite dissappointing. I hope the elevation had a lot to do with it. I did still walk out with 2 wins 2 loses. Not bad for a first timer!

Let me know what you guys think of my times!!!
Now I have somtething to compare to when I go turbo.

1/4 Mile: 17.4651 | 1/4 MPH: 76.69

2gnt.fullwormage.com/files/apexiexhaust/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, MiztahfooLish, Jul-15-03 08:48 AM, #1
RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, TeamMetalJim, Jul-15-03 11:24 AM, #2
RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, ModeratorVX100, Jul-15-03 11:49 AM, #3
      RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, FlyinEsi, Jul-25-03 03:09 PM, #4
           RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, totaleklipse97, Jul-25-03 06:22 PM, #5
                RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, Twiste, Jul-26-03 08:39 AM, #6
                     RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, SaberKhan, Aug-02-03 07:48 PM, #7
                          RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, tireg, Aug-11-03 06:45 PM, #8
                          RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, totaleklipse97, Aug-11-03 08:52 PM, #9
                               RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, totaleklipse97, Aug-11-03 08:56 PM, #10
                                    RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, SaberKhan, Aug-13-03 08:32 PM, #11
                                    RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, SaberKhan, Aug-13-03 09:33 PM, #12
                                    RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, totaleklipse97, Aug-14-03 09:46 AM, #13
                                    RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, MiztahfooLish, Aug-15-03 05:32 AM, #14
                                         RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, SaberKhan, Aug-16-03 03:00 PM, #15
                                              RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, endless73, Aug-16-03 04:47 PM, #16
                                    RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, turbo8u, Aug-19-03 03:29 PM, #18
RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, endless73, Aug-16-03 04:49 PM, #17
      RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, 98Talon, Aug-24-03 06:20 PM, #19
           RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, totaleklipse97, Aug-24-03 08:12 PM, #20
                RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, 98Talon, Aug-25-03 08:09 AM, #21
                     RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!, totaleklipse97, Aug-26-03 11:19 AM, #22

MiztahfooLishJul-15-03 08:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
860 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3186, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 0

Same here also, very disappointed with my times on my first time at the track (2003 Battle of the Imports), I was running 17.60 all afternoon & night so when the real races start thats what I dialed in and kept winning till there's only four of us left out of 80+ cars(semifinals) and I took 4th place. Up to this day, I cannot believe that I took 4th Overall Place in a Major Event on my First Time in the track.
MiztahfooLish...'95 RS

CAIw/K&N/OBXexhuast/shortshifter/Accel8.5mmwires/Blitzrear/99conversion/diamondplatemats/Powerslotrotors/M3LEDmirrors/57mmTB&manifold&More

TeamMetalJimJul-15-03 11:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#3188, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 1

I wouldn't feel too bad about the times the first time out. It takes a bit of practice to launch. Keep at it as long as you're having fun.

...and that 4th place on the first time out is awesome. The only elimination I ever dialed in at was this years East Coast Mitsubishi shootout in Englishtown - I lost first round. Oh well, maybe next time.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.901 @ 88.34mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

ModeratorVX100Jul-15-03 11:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3189, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 2

It is hard to say witht hat heat and at that altitude what a good time would be.

I'm sure, even with the heat and the altitude, you could get that 60' time down more. I know, you said it was your first time up. Well, make sure it wasn't your last time up, keep practicing.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

FlyinEsiJul-25-03 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#3233, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for your input guys. I definitely don't plan on this being my last run, but for sure my last run, STOCK! Or basically stock. The next time I will take that car on the track will be with a turbo

1/4 Mile: 17.4651 | 1/4 MPH: 76.69
2gnt.fullwormage.com/files/apexiexhaust/

totaleklipse97Jul-25-03 06:22 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#3234, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 4

hey good runs, but like they all said 60ft is soo important!! specially in our cars, we have the chance to hit 2.4's close to stock. You said that you had some traction problems, right? what kinda shape are your tires in? and if your really having that much trouble with your traction maybe you should try slipping the clutch more and don't dump that just makes it worse usually. try different rpms' to start at, it's hard to practice off the track but get a feel for slipping the clutch out at like 3200 if your stock and on street tires until you get better at it. First time i went to the track i hit a 2.4 60ft but my engine dropped and i had a bunch of problems i ended up running a 35 second run. Your doing great specially for high altitude, the air is thin and it was hot. Never be dissapointed with your first time, as long as you finish the run. There is always a way to improve on your times.

TwisteJul-26-03 08:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#3240, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 5

temp. makes a HUGE difference...just for an example...my friend has a Typhoon (turbocharged SUV). Anyways...at 90 degrees she ran a 15.9, at 80 degrees she ran a 14.6, at 70 degrees she ran a 13.9 so yea...temp. makes a huge difference. at 90 degrees i ran 2 17 sec. flat times.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

SaberKhanAug-02-03 07:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#3293, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 6

2.4's? Are you kidding? My first time to the track EVER, I ran a 15.5 with a 2.1 60ft. The car only had a short ram and catback, and thats it.

I know no one else gets those times, but 2.2's are definitely doable. Just learn how to launch and you should have no problem clicking off 2.2's and 2.3's. Good luck

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

tiregAug-11-03 06:45 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2002
800 posts,
#3327, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 7

AWD launches like mad

totaleklipse97Aug-11-03 08:52 PM
3589 posts,
#3328, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 7

>2.4's? Are you kidding? My first time to the track EVER, I
>ran a 15.5 with a 2.1 60ft. The car only had a short ram and
>catback, and thats it.
hhmmmmm i ran out to my car really quick, my GS doesn't have an X at the end.... launching an AWD is nowhere near as hard as fwd. launching an fwd is like some people say an art, either you can do it or you can't. but practice helps. "2.2 doable" yes it is when we upgrade suspension so we don't have as much weight transfer. 2.0 haha your not talking about a stock 2gnt!!!! 2.4 i consider very reasonable for a stock 2gnt.. but that's just me and my .02

VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

totaleklipse97Aug-11-03 08:56 PM
3589 posts,
#3329, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 9
Aug-11-03 08:57 PM by totaleklipse97

oh are u questioning my 60ft time??(i couldn't really understand what u meant) i HAVE a time slip and i would be more than happy to post. don't take this as internet bullsh*t i have no reason to lie about my time.

VW= The joy of driving

SaberKhanAug-13-03 08:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#3332, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 10

Dude, you're about to get so schooled, its gonna hurt.

First off, I was referring to my 1996 Eclipse RS. As in nonturbo FWD. With a short ram, and a catback, it ran those times. Hell, even the rear shocks were blown. Todd nails consistent 2.2's, even when he was stock. Anyone who can drive will, you apparently cant. So, what was all that crap about it being an art? Out of the two of us, I'm the only apparent "artist".

As for the AWD comments, she is in the 1.6 second range actually.

1996 RS 5-speed

SaberKhanAug-13-03 09:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#3333, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 11

How did you not snap to the fact that I was talking about a 2GNT before you went off and made yourself look foolish?

When was the last time you heard of someone putting a CAI on a turbo car? Besides, if I got 2.x 60ft's in my Laser, I would punch myself in the face.

1996 RS 5-speed

totaleklipse97Aug-14-03 09:46 AM
3589 posts,
#3341, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"

dood u didn't say CAI or that you were in a n/t "The car only had a short ram and catback, and thats it." where's it say CAI??? then the next guy refers to AWD launching like mad... easily assumed u were reffering to your AWD! If you do hit 2.2's in your car what did u do if it was your first time. I didn't lower my tire pressure and my tires had 60k+ miles on them..like i said our currently "stock" condition. i don't like to launch, it's my daily driver and i can't go without it. Im sure you guys have had alot of practice launching, i've had my car at the track once. Like i said im not trying to start bullshit im just saying our stock condition with no track setup it's easy to hit 2.4's. He hit a 3.1.....instead of flaming let's try and help him get a lower 60ft.
>
>
>VW= The joy of driving
>DSM= The frustration of fixing

VW= The joy of driving

MiztahfooLishAug-15-03 05:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
860 posts,
#3343, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 13

^^^just like he said, too much arguing in this forum now a days..
MiztahfooLish...
'95 RS (17.33 @ 80 mph)
'03 ALTIMA 3.5 SE V6 5spd (14.3 @ 95 mph w/ 2.1 60 foot)

CAIw/K&N/OBXexhuast/shortshifter/Accel8.5mmwires/Blitzrear/99conversion/diamondplatemats/Powerslotrotors/M3LEDmirrors/57mmTB&manifold&MORE

SaberKhanAug-16-03 03:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#3354, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 14

I made an error, it wasnt a CAI, but a short ram. So yeah, when was the last time you heard someone putting a short ram intake on a turbo car? I wasnt flaming anyone, its just hilarous that you're striving for 2.4's. Set your goals for consistent 2.2's. With the right driving you will be able to reach that goal with no problems. Good luck at the track

1996 RS 5-speed

endless73Aug-16-03 04:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#3355, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 15

just for the record, i used to hit 2.2's all day long too. 96 eclipse rs, too

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

turbo8uAug-19-03 03:29 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#3373, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"

and for those 19 seconds....im free

lol, nice man.... slap a turbo on there and then u'll be flyin

endless73Aug-16-03 04:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#3356, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-16-03 04:50 PM by endless73

"Same here also, very disappointed with my times on my first time at the track (2003 Battle of the Imports), I was running 17.60 all afternoon & night so when the real races start thats what I dialed in and kept winning till there's only four of us left out of 80+ cars(semifinals) and I took 4th place. Up to this day, I cannot believe that I took 4th Overall Place in a Major Event on my First Time in the track.
MiztahfooLish...'95 RS"

i know how u feel. i won this one event one time, and it lasted like 10 or 11 rounds in the eliminations. that's comes out to about 500 cars to start with at the begin of eliminations!

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

98TalonAug-24-03 06:20 PM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#3382, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 17

Yeah, get those times down. Don't worry about "hurting" your daily driver. Your car doesn't have enough power or grip to hurt anything on the launch, unless you just ride the hell out of your clutch. 2.2-2.3 60 ft. times are EASILY attainable with these cars, especially with the relatively high torque (for a NT 2.0) that you have on tap. Next time, dust off your tires (for God's sake, don't do a burnout, and stay AWAY from the water box), hold the rpm's around 4000, and slip the clutch out fairly quickly until you get the hang of it. It's better to spin a LITTLE bit than to bog the launch. Good luck with it man!

1990 Eclipse GS-T

totaleklipse97Aug-24-03 08:12 PM
3589 posts,
#3383, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 19

mm well actually I DID HURT my daily driver from launching.. just for the record. I didn't slip out the clutch slow enough and had wheel hop from hell.. my motor mounts were under-par do to shotty work done before i bought my car. This problem was not found by the inspector. I have launched higher on the street but my 60ft time was PURE launch, i had no further power to the wheels after my launch. Two motor mounts snapped, my engine dropped. It ripped out my cv joint, tore apart my lateral arm assembly (lower ball joint), threw my p/s alt and a/c belts completely off when the pulleys were thrown against the side wall. A couple of other little things but this is the main things that were a result of my track experience. If you choose to launch hard make sure you have good tires, your motor mounts are secure, your belts are in good shape, and there is no water or dust on your tires (like he said ^^^). To be honest i don't know if I would have had the same problem given different circumstances. I possibly could have got a 2.2 or 2.0 60ft from that launch. I just wanted to let you know that things DO break at the track.

VW= The joy of driving

98TalonAug-25-03 08:09 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#3384, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 20

sorry, I was assuming that the driver had half of a brain - enough to let out of it when your front end is bouncing up and down extremely violently.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

totaleklipse97Aug-26-03 11:19 AM
3589 posts,
#3385, "RE: Finally got to race at the track!! Here are my times!"
In response to Reply # 21

wtf?? dood what is up your ass for real? When all this happens in a matter of .5 seconds you don't have time to react... And you know what it's like to run at the track because you did a G-tech??? If you went to the track you would know what im talking about. It's not like your car just bounces up and down.. all it takes is ONE lil hop (it's not even really a hop) it like a skip in traction. That is enough to have snapped my motor mount in the condition it was in. Yes it's my fault i didn't inspect them before i ran but i never expected to have that problem arise. The one motor mount was underneath my battery, and the other was behind the transmission. I had never had a problem on the street but those are two different entities. Please take that into consideration before you open your mouth next time.

VW= The joy of driving

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3170 Previous topic | Next topic