Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3075
View in linear mode

Subject: "who will win?" Previous topic | Next topic
96rs-tJun-29-03 01:10 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3075, "who will win?"

i have two races coming up. first will be against a 99 vtec prelude (stick), and the 2nd is a 93 camaro RS auto, i know the camaro is pretty heavy, but still. i just have the hrc turbo stage 1 at 5psi
what do you guys think?

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: who will win?, turbo8u, Jun-29-03 02:05 PM, #1
RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jun-29-03 02:29 PM, #2
RE: who will win?, Justin99RS, Jun-30-03 04:49 AM, #3
RE: who will win?, RoxJu2, Jun-30-03 09:40 AM, #4
      RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jul-08-03 08:03 PM, #5
           RE: who will win?, 2g99RSNC, Jul-09-03 04:09 PM, #6
                RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jul-09-03 05:50 PM, #7
                     RE: who will win?, Twiste, Jul-09-03 08:02 PM, #8
                          RE: who will win?, 98Talon, Jul-10-03 12:34 PM, #9
                               RE: who will win?, invaznGST, Jul-10-03 05:25 PM, #10
                               RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jul-10-03 05:27 PM, #11
                                    RE: who will win?, soulcontroller, Jul-10-03 09:07 PM, #12
                                         RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jul-11-03 07:09 PM, #13
                                              RE: who will win?, soulcontroller, Jul-11-03 08:30 PM, #14
                                                   RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jul-12-03 03:13 PM, #15
                                                        RE: who will win?, invaznGST, Jul-13-03 11:41 AM, #16
                                                             RE: who will win?, EclipseRST, Jul-18-03 07:33 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: who will win?, invaznGST, Jul-19-03 08:25 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: who will win?, blitzeclipse99, Jul-23-03 12:17 PM, #19
                                                                       RE: who will win?, EclipseRST, Aug-19-03 06:08 PM, #24
RE: who will win?, new_1, Jul-23-03 07:47 PM, #20
RE: who will win?, 96rs-t, Jul-23-03 08:10 PM, #21
      RE: who will win?, Teametx, Aug-19-03 09:05 AM, #22
           RE: who will win?, widebodied, Aug-19-03 03:16 PM, #23

turbo8uJun-29-03 02:05 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3076, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 0

hey my friend has a h22A jdm motor swap in his lude and my car pulled easily a car and a half on him when my stage 1 was on, u dont have anything to worry about, camaros are overrated too, just get a fatty launch and use all the traction u can get

where in socal are u from? im in oceanside, thatd be sick if we were close i've never seen any other 420a turbos before (besides mine of course)

lude = 200hp tops to the wheels
turbo 420a stage 1= est. high 190 hp to 200 wheel, 230bhp
camaro = sad little camaro, so sad....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tJun-29-03 02:29 PM
2203 posts,
#3078, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 1

i'm in the inland empire area! so the prelude is 200hp at the wheels, i don't think my car pushes that. I'd just hate to lose to a honda.

SoCal DSM

Justin99RSJun-30-03 04:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#3082, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 2

you'll beat the camaro- they are heavy and slow....the prelude will be harder, but you do have the torque advantage in the low end, and the turbo will make up for the vtec in the top end...and if he's a stock prelude, they only make 205hp@flywheel, so 170 or so to the wheels...not too long ago a destroyed a lightly modded prelude from a 40mph roll...that was stage 2 at 6psi....so not a huge difference between 5 and 6...so if you get a good launch you should win.

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

RoxJu2Jun-30-03 09:40 AM
Member since Nov 20th 2002
39 posts,
#3087, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 1

If you don't beat the camaro, please give away your car and jump off of a bridge.

I think the prelude has you beat though.

96rs-tJul-08-03 08:03 PM
2203 posts,
#3128, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 4

ok, i'm about to race the camaro, we're going to set a date tomorrow, but that camaro is running around 300hp, why do you guys think i'll beat him. i feel he'll whoop my ass.

SoCal DSM

2g99RSNCJul-09-03 04:09 PM
894 posts,
#3131, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 5

93-95 camaros and rs camaros have a 3.4 with 160 hp and in 96 they switched to the 3.8 with 200 hp so i doubt it has 300 hp

96rs-tJul-09-03 05:50 PM
2203 posts,
#3132, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 6

so i'm guessing the camaro guy is just busting my balls trying to intimidate me by saying he has 300hp!, or do you think he did some sort of swap that put him there. cuz he told me the motor he had in it is stock but it pushed 300hp..

SoCal DSM

TwisteJul-09-03 08:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#3133, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 7

b.s. he has 200 hp...i raced my friend in her 98 camaro V6 auto and we stayed dead even...

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

98TalonJul-10-03 12:34 PM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#3139, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 8

JDM H22s make 220hp, not 205. That'll be a tough race. Just look under the camaro's hood, if it's an LT1 (V8) then things are going to get really ugly, really fast. If not, you should beat him.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

invaznGSTJul-10-03 05:25 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#3140, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 9

you'll rape the camaro and prelude is a close call. turn the boost up and smoke both of their asses

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

96rs-tJul-10-03 05:27 PM
2203 posts,
#3141, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-10-03 05:28 PM by 96rs-t

well the prelude is not JDM, so how much does the regular prelude SH push? 99lude

SoCal DSM

soulcontrollerJul-10-03 09:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3142, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 11

is it supercharged? hehe.

96rs-tJul-11-03 07:09 PM
2203 posts,
#3154, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 12
Jul-11-03 07:09 PM by 96rs-t

ok, today i was talking to him about the upcoming race, and i aske him again what year his camaro was, and my mistake its not a 93, its a 91..so its the old body style...i dont know what these run..so what do you guys think? he'll kill me huh

oh and no it's not supercharged..it is stock auto 91 camaro RS

SoCal DSM

soulcontrollerJul-11-03 08:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3156, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 13

lol skip the camaro, im talkin about the lude.

96rs-tJul-12-03 03:13 PM
2203 posts,
#3163, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 14

i really do not know whats under the hood of the prelude, i'm hoping he is stock and auto. have not seen the guy in a while.

SoCal DSM

invaznGSTJul-13-03 11:41 AM
3897 posts,
#3178, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 15

preludes aren't that fast.. i read your other post where you said your stage 1 was as fast as a gst/gsx..then you should be able to beat the prelude and the camaro..but according to other people's posts and remy and icedout..stage 1 isn't that fast (mid 15s?).. i think the match with the prelude will be close..like i said..

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

EclipseRSTJul-18-03 07:33 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#3202, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 16

>but according to
>other people's posts and remy and icedout..stage 1 isn't that
>fast (mid 15s?).. i think the match with the prelude will be
>close..like i said..

What the!? lol I quit. I'm going to the track next weekend and proving a stage 1 is a 14 second car.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

invaznGSTJul-19-03 08:25 PM
3897 posts,
#3208, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 17

>>but according to
>>other people's posts and remy and icedout..stage 1 isn't
>that
>>fast (mid 15s?).. i think the match with the prelude will be
>>close..like i said..
>
>What the!? lol I quit. I'm going to the track next weekend
>and proving a stage 1 is a 14 second car.

please do..cause i mean no offense but i haven't seen anyone run 14s with JUST a stage 1 turbo kit.. if you do..scan your timeslip and prove us all wrong.. i mean i dont have a 420a turbo so i have no clue what they run but i was just estimating mid 15s cause of the 1/4 times posted by some of the people.. but hey if a stage 1 can run mid 14s..that's great..

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

blitzeclipse99Jul-23-03 12:17 PM
Member since Oct 28th 2002
172 posts,
#3222, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 18

An USDM stock prelude makes 195-205 hp at the flywheel. So I think it will be a close race if he is 5 spd, if he is auto, then you should have him. Unless the Camaro has something special, you will rape him.

EclipseRSTAug-19-03 06:08 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#3374, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 18

>
>please do..cause i mean no offense but i haven't seen anyone
>run 14s with JUST a stage 1 turbo kit.. if you do..scan your
>timeslip and prove us all wrong.. i mean i dont have a 420a
>turbo so i have no clue what they run but i was just
>estimating mid 15s cause of the 1/4 times posted by some of
>the people.. but hey if a stage 1 can run mid 14s..that's
>great..

On my best run I hit a 14.46 on my HKS TT. The only wheel spin was when I chirped going into second so that time has to be somewhat accurate. This was on the street though.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

new_1Jul-23-03 07:47 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
61 posts,
#3225, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 0

my girlfriend's mom had a 98 camaro Z28 that i kept up with and my car was stock. of course we weren't racing or anything but she was trying to show off a bit for me. it should be no problem for a stage 1 to beat the auto camaro. i havn't raced my friends lude so i can't tell you what is up there.

Speed kills!!! My car ain't fast enough.

96rs-tJul-23-03 08:10 PM
2203 posts,
#3226, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 20

haha...stupid prelude ranked it...i asked him yesterday..what was up with the race..and he just told me he has no time, i was just like what the?? no time?..bullshit, and i still asked him, whenever you have time tell me, he just said we'll see iv'e been too busy....oh well.

SoCal DSM

TeametxAug-19-03 09:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#3371, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 21

BAH! what a wanker. thier's always time to race.

widebodiedAug-19-03 03:16 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
#3372, "RE: who will win?"
In response to Reply # 22

id win

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3075 Previous topic | Next topic