Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2959
View in linear mode

Subject: "track times" Previous topic | Next topic
sdl32May-31-03 07:00 PM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
45 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2959, "track times"

aight.... my first time ever on a real drag strip (Epping, NH)... i think i improved quite a bit from my first run, haha...it was sad i know. but i had to figure out if my launch was going to be ok. apparently it wasn't at first. but i leanred quick ..can't say the same for a lot of the drivers there. i had better times then a lot of turbo rides and other highly modded rides... i had the S2000 till about half way, and i was actually ahead of everyone for a while.... till either v-tech or something else kicked in. let me know what you think...and any hints, tips, advice...i'd appreciate.

sdl32

AEM short ram intake
pro 1 cat-back
stock tires
heavy ass invader wing
a lil over a quarter tank of gas
no spare tire....

did i do ok for a hardly modded 98'RS?? haven't even done my timing belt and i'm at 79k.. :o what is the 1/4 time for a stock RS or GS from factory?

sdl32

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: track times, mitsuman297, May-31-03 08:37 PM, #1
RE: track times, lonnie1977, Jun-01-03 02:04 PM, #2
RE: track times, sdl32, Jun-02-03 07:23 AM, #3
      RE: track times, ModeratorVX100, Jun-03-03 07:07 AM, #4
           RE: track times, sdl32, Jun-03-03 11:23 AM, #5
                RE: track times, ModeratorVX100, Jun-04-03 06:07 AM, #6
                     RE: track times, mitsuman297, Jun-11-03 03:22 AM, #7
                          RE: track times, sdl32, Jun-12-03 07:33 AM, #8

mitsuman297May-31-03 08:37 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2960, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 0

damn dude, thats not too bad at all, at least the ones near 16 flat. I have i/e and the best i could run was a 16.3.

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

lonnie1977Jun-01-03 02:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#2962, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 1

Good Job!!

1998 Eclipse GS,Hahn Stage 2 Turbo Kit w/ Missing Link and Vortech SFMU,TurboXS Type H RFL, Turbo XS HP Boost Controller, Corbins Digital A/F Gauge,Apex N1 Exhaust,Autometer Gauges

sdl32Jun-02-03 07:23 AM
45 posts,
#2966, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 1

>damn dude, thats not too bad at all, at least the ones near
>16 flat. I have i/e and the best i could run was a 16.3.

Thanks... i'm hoping to get some more things done to the motor by June 28th. that is the next import wars in Epping, NH. i'm gonna get a loan for about $1500 -$2000..some of it has to go towards some payments...but the rest will go towards, timing belt, UDP maybe, bore tb and some other stuff hopefully.... a friend said he could get me a stage 2 or 3...(i forgot) turbo kit for $900.. i don't believe him but we'll see. he also said he was gonna have 600hp by the end of the summer in his 2002 jetta 1.8t and only spend $4000. and he just got 17" rims i think. so about $2700 on 450hp..i doubt that.

sdl32

ModeratorVX100Jun-03-03 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2967, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 3

You could still get the 60' down, 2.38 isn't that bad, but I know you can get some 2.2s with more practice.

But, 15.996 is very good for just a short ram and a cat back! I was running about 15.90 with a CAI, GS-T muffler, and shocks. I think with a solid launch you could see 15.8s.

I wish I could have been there at NED this past saturday at the import event, but my car still doesn't work. Once the new cams are in, I'll be up there, and you'll defenitely see me at the next import event!

If you're up at NED any other time, you might get a chance to see me up there if you go on a friday.

Damn, I would have liked to line up on that S200 if he can only manage a 15.6

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

sdl32Jun-03-03 11:23 AM
45 posts,
#2970, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 4

>You could still get the 60' down, 2.38 isn't that bad, but I
>know you can get some 2.2s with more practice.

yeah a couple more runs i think i would have gotten better then a 2.38 we'll see the 28th. but i think i'll have a few things done by then...i hope anyway.

>
>If you're up at NED any other time, you might get a chance to
>see me up there if you go on a friday.

you are there every Friday???
>
>Damn, I would have liked to line up on that S200 if he can
>only manage a 15.6

what cams did you use when you ran a 15.3?

ModeratorVX100Jun-04-03 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2975, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm usually up at NED once or twice a month, typically one friday, and the import events. I used to go wednesdays, but it is easier with my job to go fridays than in the middle of the week.

And, I had the stock cams on there for the 15.3 run, adjusted with cam gears. So, once I get the right aftermarket cams and they are finally installed, I should be able to drop that time a few tenths or so.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

mitsuman297Jun-11-03 03:22 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
#3001, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 6

alright man, i nailed a 2.3 60' time and only ran a 16.7 in the quarter and i nailed every shift. What the hell is up with that? It just feels like my car has no power in third gear but first and second are awesome. And sdl, i love your car man, great color and everything

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

sdl32Jun-12-03 07:33 AM
45 posts,
#3007, "RE: track times"
In response to Reply # 7

>alright man, i nailed a 2.3 60' time and only ran a 16.7 in
>the quarter and i nailed every shift. What the hell is up
>with that? It just feels like my car has no power in third
>gear but first and second are awesome. And sdl, i love your
>car man, great color and everything

hey thanks man, i wish i had your rims though...cuz i'm sticking with 15's or 16's for now. and RS rims look ugly to me. i wanna get light weight 16"s at the most cuz i'm trying to lighten my cars weight. .... so what was that R/T you got with that 16.7? when do you shift? i guess 1/4 times depend on a few things huh? like how fast you shift, and at what rpm or how well you get out of the launch..what did you launch at? i added a civic short ram to my AEM short ram making a cold air now...it's kinda funny but it's 4 inches off the ground so it does the job..i can actually feel the extra power it gives, it's cool. oh i have been shifting at about 6900 rpm's...i think i should try shifting at about 6700 instead cuz the power band ends at 6500??? but i wanna go above it a little cuz when i shift the rpm's will be closer to the power band. does that seem right to you? oh and 16.7 and you have a GS which is heavier then my RS right?

sdl32

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2959 Previous topic | Next topic