Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2466
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 kids talkin shit" Previous topic | Next topic
python6586Mar-11-03 10:15 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2466, "2 kids talkin shit"

ok 2 kids think they can beat me and i dont think either of them can but im just gonna make sure. the one has a 2000 eclipse rs(the 4 cylinder) and hes auto with no mods other than clear tails. The other kids has 1990 eclipse 5 speed no mods it has the 16valve dohc but its in bad shape it stalls alot its always grinding gears and puffs blue smoke. So what ya think?? BTW i got a 99 rs auto w/intake exhaust and 2 12's in the back.

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2 kids talkin shit, 96eclipse2nr, Mar-11-03 10:34 AM, #1
RE: 2 kids talkin shit, 420AYE, Mar-11-03 10:35 AM, #2
RE: 2 kids talkin shit, python6586, Mar-11-03 10:42 AM, #3
      RE: 2 kids talkin shit, ez, Mar-11-03 12:54 PM, #4
           RE: 2 kids talkin shit, Dark Ringleader, Mar-11-03 06:33 PM, #5
                RE: 2 kids talkin shit, CVedEclipse, Mar-12-03 01:01 AM, #6
                     RE: 2 kids talkin shit, 98Talon, Mar-12-03 06:58 AM, #7
                          RE: 2 kids talkin shit, DemonEclipse, Mar-15-03 07:41 PM, #8
                               RE: 2 kids talkin shit, 98Talon, Mar-17-03 02:12 PM, #9
                                    RE: 2 kids talkin shit, python6586, Mar-19-03 02:29 PM, #10

96eclipse2nrMar-11-03 10:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2467, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 0

well i know us 5 speed 2gnt's can spank the V'6. and the new ones are about as heavier as a spyder...so youll be a few hundred pounds lighter. im gonna say you can take the RS just remove the 12's. if the 90 is in pretty sad shape you can take him...but hes lighter and a 5 speed so i dunno. run them and find out

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420AYEMar-11-03 10:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#2468, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-11-03 10:37 AM by 420AYE

i dont' know. isn't the 1990 like a 1.7l or somethin like that? and the 2000 has less mileso n you. but otherwise, i'd say driver even tho there isn't much of a driver issue with automatics. but the 5spd could make a difference. i dunno, never even seen a 1g nt driver around.

EDIT: crap 96 eclipse, we posted in like 1 minute within eachother... u beat me damnit.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

python6586Mar-11-03 10:42 AM
656 posts,
#2469, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 2

i dont think millage will come into play with the 2000 my car only has 25,500 on it

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

ezMar-11-03 12:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#2470, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 3

mileage doesn't mean squat

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Dark RingleaderMar-11-03 06:33 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#2474, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 4

The 3rd gen you will hand him his ass, easy. I beat a 5spd 2000 GS in my Auto with just intake. The 2000 GS I beat easily he had exhaust intake and a big sticker on each side saying "GSTURBO" which judging by how badly I handed him his ass it definitely wasnt turboed. You probably won't have trouble with the 90 either since those I believe only put out 130hp and less torque stock.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

CVedEclipseMar-12-03 01:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#2476, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 5

i think you should take the 2000 as well... but i wouldnt underestimate the 1g... ask dan about 1g beaters ... they are lighter than our cars and with the 5sp.. itll give you a run

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

98TalonMar-12-03 06:58 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#2481, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 6

if it's the DOHC then it's the 2.0, not the 1.8. He might give you a run, but you'll kill the new one.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

DemonEclipseMar-15-03 07:41 PM
Member since Jan 19th 2003
165 posts,
#2514, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 7

youll probably beat the 2000, and definitely the older one if its a 1.8. I kill 3rd generation eclipses 4cyl both auto and stick. im 5sp. another thing, the new V6 models are pretty quick, i got smoked when i raced a stick V6 and drove a V6 auto and they arent that bad.

intake, 2.5 exhaust w/gst muffler, pacesetter header, msd wires, ngk plugs, port and polish throttlebody, front and rear strut bars, 1.5' tenzo springs, 17" primax rims, kuhmo tires, leather interior, gsx sideskirts, BM shortshifter, GM fluid in trans...

98TalonMar-17-03 02:12 PM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#2541, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 8

The only GT 3g that I've raced was an automatic. This was back when my only mod was a short ram intake. i beat him by about 3 cars.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

python6586Mar-19-03 02:29 PM
656 posts,
#2550, "RE: 2 kids talkin shit"
In response to Reply # 9

well i havent seen the 1g in a while so i didnt get a chance to race him but i went over to where the kid in the 3g works and waited till he got off and he wouldnt race he almost started to cry he was so scared i have no idea y. so i just walked out and he wouldnt even look at me then. oh but on the way over there some POS Geo Metro with an exhaust pulled up in the lane next to me and started revving his car i was like WTF and me and my friend were just laughing at him when at about 25mph he floors it i waited till he had like 5 cars lenghts and i floored by the time we hit like 70 he was so far behind me. What an idiot

Mods:

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2466 Previous topic | Next topic