Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2369
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI" Previous topic | Next topic
NightEclipseRSFeb-22-03 07:17 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2003
42 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2369, "Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"

My car has intake, 2 1/2 piping 3 inch exhaust, racing tranny when hitting 70 mph on fwy downshift to 3rd only around 4 thousand rpm,Civic Si has headers and exhaust. I've never raced an SI before he wants to race for money but i don't know would. If i cant beat him would headers enable me too? or just straight out turbo? I don't know much about cars just the basics, so don't diss cause I admit.

http://www.ms-planet.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, Dark Ringleader, Feb-22-03 12:03 PM, #1
RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, discount_tyr420a, Feb-24-03 08:37 AM, #2
      RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, amljbs, Feb-26-03 08:31 AM, #3
           RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, Justin99RS, Feb-26-03 12:09 PM, #4
                RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, Dark Ringleader, Feb-26-03 02:00 PM, #5
                     RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, Justin99RS, Feb-26-03 05:46 PM, #6
                          RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, slacker911, Feb-26-03 07:34 PM, #7
                          RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, slacker911, Feb-26-03 07:34 PM, #8
                               RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, Dark Ringleader, Feb-26-03 09:34 PM, #9
                                    RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, amljbs, Feb-27-03 05:38 AM, #10
                                         RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, ghostESiKY, Feb-27-03 07:39 AM, #11
                                              RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, SlowEsi, Mar-01-03 12:36 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, amljbs, Mar-01-03 04:08 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, 1sweet98talon, Mar-02-03 06:14 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, senseiturtle, Mar-04-03 08:13 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, solareclipsegurl, Mar-04-03 07:19 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, senseiturtle, Mar-04-03 07:55 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, solareclipsegurl, Mar-04-03 08:15 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, discount_tyr420a, Mar-06-03 02:01 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, solareclipsegurl, Mar-06-03 02:29 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI, discount_tyr420a, Mar-06-03 02:37 PM, #21

Dark RingleaderFeb-22-03 12:03 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2371, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 0

Depends on driver I would say. I've beaten SI's before and I've been horribly raped by them before. I'm an auto so basically a good driver would tear me up and an average/bad driver I would be able to keep with. If your a good driver then you might have a chance but I DEFINITELY wouldn't put money on it

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

discount_tyr420aFeb-24-03 08:37 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#2376, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 1

if you can get him to do a rolling start...i have an AT and raped an SI twice in one race(had to let him catch up onc ). youll almost be guarenteed victory. oh, and i just have a $25 filter on the stock intake, spark wires, and muffler. so nothin more than you got.

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

amljbsFeb-26-03 08:31 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#2381, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-26-03 08:33 AM by amljbs

Yeah those Civic SIs arent that fast. I'm auto and Ive beaten two of them one from a stop which was pretty close and the second was on the Interstate and the SI stood no chance. The header will make a big difference from a stop but at say 70 up it wont do anything for you. If you go with a 4-2-1 config youll get a much stronger pull off the line and all through 1st and 2nd.

Mods:
PCP Short ram air intake
Pacesetter 4-2-1 header
Z-sport dragger muffler
Quad fire plugs

Future Mods:
Final drive mod
UDP

1998 Eclipse GST

Justin99RSFeb-26-03 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#2382, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 3

some Si's aren't a joke....buddy of mine has a 99 with CAI and lowered...best run was 15.1@92.xx and he averages 15.5's....

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Dark RingleaderFeb-26-03 02:00 PM
869 posts,
#2383, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 4

Your kidding me right? SI's run like 16.2 stock theres no way your friend is hitting 15.1 with JUST intake and some springs. He's gotta have more than hes saying. I have a friend with an mx6 v6 165hp/170tq STOCK with lightened flywheel bored out tb, CAI, exhaust and is hitting 14.9-low 15's. Those cars run 15.7 stock.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:

Justin99RSFeb-26-03 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#2384, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 5

nope no lie, he isn't just one of those "friends" who i barely know...he is a very good friend of mine and doesn't have anything extra done to his car...they are lighter than us and do have 160hp stock...if a 5speed Si is running 16.2's...either they can't drive or the car is messed up...granted i hate civics as much as the rest of us here...but i did witness the 15.1 run....

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

slacker911Feb-26-03 07:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#2386, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-26-03 07:37 PM by slacker911

I have been raped by a 5spd civic at the track and I am almost sure it was stock (stock exhaust and sounded stock). I am 5spd and had a good run that time too. I would not reomend racing for $ unless your willing to lose it most of the time people only ask when they know they can win ohh and stock Si's can run as low as a 15.7 with a decent driver.

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

slacker911Feb-26-03 07:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#2387, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-26-03 07:36 PM by slacker911

oppps double post

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Dark RingleaderFeb-26-03 09:34 PM
869 posts,
#2388, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 8

They arent that much lighter than us granted a couple hundred pounds. I think they weigh in at 2724 without a person in it. And ours are what 2890? something like that. The weight difference isnt that great. What do our cars run stock with/without automatic? 5-speed our cars are mid 16's right? They may have 160hp but they only have 112 torque which is pretty damn shitty.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:

amljbsFeb-27-03 05:38 AM
587 posts,
#2389, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 9

The only hondas that I really respect other than the S2000 of course are those damn Vtech and SI preludes. Those are some fast ass cars. Ill give you that stock vs. stock the Civic SI maybe faster but a modded eclipse will easilly take one.

1998 Eclipse GST

ghostESiKYFeb-27-03 07:39 AM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
244 posts,
#2390, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 10
Feb-27-03 07:45 AM by ghostESiKY

nah the si should murder him. i raced a v-tec hatch the other night and it was real nasty. all im packing is apexi n1 n filter. i caught up with him doin about 50, he dropped n i dropped. had about a car on me maybe lil more. came up to a stop, both rolled off, he gunned, i gunned. by the time i was goin into 4th he had about 2/2.5 cars easy on me. not sure his mods but the normal bumble bee exhaust.

i wouldnt bet money dude. inless you got grip out the ying yang

EDIT is for: no flame please. dont give me bs sayn i cant drive. just if si's are what they are cracked up to be, should be no contest... ive taken sohc no v-tec hatches with exhaust, headers, intake, plugs n wires ect. unless this dude had a new engine even tho i heard the v-tec, dont bet no grip.

that boy K-Y
kbnkb@sbcglobal.net
talonky36 (aim)

04 srt-4 (low and slo)
96 talon esi (still broke make me an offer)

SlowEsiMar-01-03 12:36 PM
Member since Jan 24th 2003
104 posts,
#2396, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 11

Where do SI's start making decent power.

amljbsMar-01-03 04:08 PM
587 posts,
#2398, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 12

Both SIs I raced were stock or atleast looked stock. Like I said they werent that impressive but if they could do something to improve their torque they would be a descent car but stock I wasnt impressed.

1998 Eclipse GST

1sweet98talonMar-02-03 06:14 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
#2400, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 13

Down low the Si's suck, but up top I get beat by my buddys all the time. I do believe the 15.2 times though.

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

senseiturtleMar-04-03 08:13 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
#2403, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 14

The main problem I have with hondas is that some are ALL talk, and some are friggin fast.

Figuring out which is which is half the challenge.

If you dont know the guy, I wouldn't put money on it. Think of our final drive mod, underdrive pulleys, and non-shiny oversized throttle bodies.... Those mods make pretty decent gains, and you wont know if he's got one unless he tells you. How many sleeper mods can those cars have ?

And if you dont race him... just think... the money you woulda lost is still in your pocket. I've got a friend with a trans am who wants to race me everyday... that's one fight I won't pick, and money I wont lose.

2006 Scion tC

solareclipsegurlMar-04-03 07:19 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
#2408, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 15
Mar-04-03 07:26 PM by solareclipsegurl

i know this one all to well=).. i have an rs.. my boyfriend has an SI...

I have raced him with his mods against mine.. mine being aem cold air and exhaust.. his was short ram intake and exhaust. i would beat him no problem..at the low end..but when his high end kicked in with the v-tec.. he would pass me.. not by much..but nevertheless.. i would lose.. now he has a vortech supercharger with upgraded fuel... clutch..etc.. now of course with the same mods i had before he beats me hands down...so now i'm doing my turbo setup with a to4e=).. i'm hoping to be able to rip him a new one now=)..

i know some hondas are just talk..and others are fast.. and its so hard to differentiate between the two=).. we just have to race and see.. like posted before.. it also comes down to the driver and how well they can menover their car... i just know that i have to beat him when my car is done!.. and its nice that he wants me to be able to beat him.. how many boyfriends want that..haha.. i'lllet ya all know how it goes when my cars all done=)

by the way.. the SI's can run 15s if they can get traction.. my boys SI just last year ran a 15.7 with his supercharger..but crossed at 102.. figure that out..(no traction) and he can beat my friends turbo rx-7 by 2-3 cars=).. all i'm sayin is be carful when u race a honda..u never know what they have..lol

~Lisa~

senseiturtleMar-04-03 07:55 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
#2409, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 16

Well, whenever you drop your boyfriend, give me a ring! hahaha..

Definitley.. they have just as much potential as the DSM's.. the 420a's that is... if we're talking about engine swaps, well, better to leave that to the faster turbo 420a's and 4g63's.

btw.. props for the sweet yellow color.

-Ryan
97 RS/atx

af/x UDP, CAI, exhaust, more on the way.

solareclipsegurlMar-04-03 08:15 PM
254 posts,
#2410, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 17

haha..thanx for the compliments.. i'll keep ya in mind.. =p
~Lisa~

discount_tyr420aMar-06-03 02:01 AM
237 posts,
#2417, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 18

have to agree...its all about the driver. cuz the SI i raced had a vortech supercharger in it and i did rape him twice. sucked tho when we stopped and looked under the hood, the belt was broken. hey, eclipsegurl...does yur boys honda have this horid sound when he hits the rev limiter, cuz when i raced that SI he revved it and it soiunded horrible

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

solareclipsegurlMar-06-03 02:29 PM
254 posts,
#2422, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 19

no he doesnt have a horrid sound when he hits the rev.. where u from?? i'm in CO.. so if yr in another state it probly wasnt him=).. he also has red rims... same one??

~Lisa~

discount_tyr420aMar-06-03 02:37 PM
237 posts,
#2423, "RE: Eclipse RS Vs Honda Civic SI"
In response to Reply # 20

nah...im in michigan. this kid had white wheels and didnt even know how to read his boost gauge. he had his cousin do it all or something...a tru ricer type of guy no offense to anyone

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2369 Previous topic | Next topic