Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2204
View in linear mode

Subject: "Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
invaznGSTJan-02-03 02:45 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2204, "Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"

This guy I know..his brother got a new Audi 1.8L Turbo..it's an S4 or A4 or whatever those things are called..do you guys think I could beat it?

performance mods:
RRE UICP
Injen Intake
Hallman ES Boost controller with 15 psi
greddy type-s bov

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, RSTsoon, Jan-02-03 02:49 PM, #1
RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, Justin99RS, Jan-04-03 02:09 AM, #2
      RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, invaznGST, Jan-04-03 06:38 AM, #3
      RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, Fast420A, Jan-05-03 04:06 PM, #4
           RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, neovb, Jan-06-03 04:25 AM, #5
                RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, invaznGST, Jan-06-03 06:46 AM, #6
                     RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-14-03 07:41 AM, #9
      RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, Luzionist, Jan-06-03 04:36 PM, #7
           RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, Mystic511, Jan-08-03 01:18 AM, #8
                RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, Meet Da X, Jan-14-03 06:29 PM, #10
                     RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, invaznGST, Jan-15-03 02:09 AM, #11
                          RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-15-03 03:38 AM, #12
                               RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, 1sweet98talon, Jan-19-03 06:26 PM, #13
                               RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, DemonEclipse, Jan-20-03 07:18 AM, #14
                               RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, invaznGST, Jan-20-03 10:51 AM, #15
                                    RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, speed99, Jan-23-03 10:56 AM, #16
                                         RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, Dualgen2, Jan-24-03 05:01 AM, #17
                                              RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, woppishbob, Jan-24-03 06:43 PM, #18
                                              RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, ModeratorVX100, Jan-25-03 07:49 AM, #19
                                                   RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo, invaznGST, Jan-27-03 03:13 PM, #20

RSTsoonJan-02-03 02:49 PM
Member since May 22nd 2003
127 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2205, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

They use those in the American Le Mas racing series dont they? They are pretty fast. :o But I dont know im no pro when it comes to comparing.

My cars not slow im just fat..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Justin99RSJan-04-03 02:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2206, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

you'll beat the pants off it....i ran dead heat with one back when i was stock...no prob for a GST

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

invaznGSTJan-04-03 06:38 AM
3897 posts,
#2207, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

thank you sir

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Fast420AJan-05-03 04:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#2208, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

An S4 would smoke you, it's AWD twin turbo v6

An A4 is the 1.8L that's in the VW's but I am not sure but I think the A4 is also AWD. If so, it will have you off the line but you will have the roll advantage by far.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

neovbJan-06-03 04:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#2209, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

The A4 had an option for thier quattro AWD. Its the same engine as in the 1.8L turbo VWs, I think it puts out somewhere near 180hp.

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

invaznGSTJan-06-03 06:46 AM
3897 posts,
#2210, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah it's an A4 not S4..it's the Audi 1.8L Turbo..but VWs are so slow... the GTis are slow..the Jetta VR6s are slow.. i mean not like super slow but they aren't nothing special.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

TeamStan2gntJan-14-03 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#2211, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

You just made me come out of hiding! For the record my VR6 will beat a stock 2G GST with 19s and all everytime! I have but 3 mods.

>the GTis are slow..

a 1.8T GTi runs sub 7 sec 0-60 times and low 15s stock. low to mid 14s with a $500 ECU upgrade (I dont know a GTi owner who doesn't have a chip and every sunday all the VW owners in the area hang out). A 1.8T Gti cost $18900. slow compared to what? its not slow compared to a stock GST or any other FWD sports coupe short of a SRT neon. A VR6 12V or 24V GTI is within a tick or two of a 1.8T GTI. It too will break into 14s with $500 worth of mods ($200 CAI and $300 ECU). Granted 150hp Gti's up to 2001 werent that fast but there were no RSXs, SVTs or SPEC Vs during those years. Its still a mid 14 sec car with $500 worth of mods

>the Jetta VR6s are slow.

A Jetta is a GTi with a trunk and 100lbs. all the above applies.

guess what. The Gti 1.8T is what the turbo DSM used to be. A cheap turbo car with potential to go fast for cheap. Its everything Mitsubishi abandoned when they made the 3G.

As for the question old A4s only had 150hp and the new ones have 170hp. Neither is a rocket or should be any problems beating. With a chip comes another 30-50hp and 80ft lbs of torque. You should still win, the car is heavy especially with AWD. An S4 would spank that ass easily and an S4 with a chip is more corvette territory than FWD street eclipse territory.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

LuzionistJan-06-03 04:36 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2002
41 posts,
#2212, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

if it's an A4 yah u would've won. if it was an s4, stock gst? no way those things will eat you up. ran against an s4 thinking it was an a4 at the races one nite, next thing I saw the back end of his car. by the time I realized what it was, he was two car lengths on me.

- 98 5SPD GST (crankwalked and blown turbo)
- Tanabe G-medalion Catback
- OBX Air Intake
- TurboXS Type-H BOV
- RRE Upper IC
- RRE 2.25" Turbo Inlet Pipe
- RRE MBC 17psi Daily (20psi Race)
- Apex-i A/F, O2,& Turbo Timer
- VDO Boost Gauge
- NGK Plugs
Future Mods: Hahn FMIC, AEM EMS, 550cc injectors, Walboro Pump, Hahn S-20g turbo, Eibach prokit, GAB adjustables, and repaint car to Sube WRC blue.

- 98 5SPD GST (crankwalked and blown turbo)
- Tanabe G-medalion Catback
- OBX Air Intake
- TurboXS Type-H BOV
- RRE Upper IC
- RRE 2.25" Turbo Inlet Pipe
- RRE MBC 16psi Daily
- Apex-i A/F, O2,& Turb

Mystic511Jan-08-03 01:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#2213, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 7

S4's run mid 14's stock.

A4's are pretty decent... just not stock... but anyone worth his weight in tools could mod an A4 to get 250 whp for 1500 bucks

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Meet Da XJan-14-03 06:29 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
196 posts,
#2214, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

No chance against a s-4. Its funny i was just watching Mischief and the s-4 topped out at 170mph.

96 gs-t
To much shit to list.

Remdawgz@aol.com

96 gs-t
To much shit to list.

Remdawgz@aol.com

invaznGSTJan-15-03 02:09 AM
3897 posts,
#2215, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 10

well a vr6 is slow.. stock for stock a gst would beat a vr6 jetta. and i'm not running on 19s or 18s or whatever..i'm on 16s right now and i am modded. most vr6s don't get modded and just get body work because they want to be like the fast and furious jetta even though a jetta is a family car. MY OPINION so don't get pissed about it. I'm not into VWs.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

TeamStan2gntJan-15-03 03:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#2216, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 11

>well a vr6 is slow.. stock for stock a gst would beat a vr6
>jetta. and i'm not running on 19s or 18s or whatever..i'm on
>16s right now and i am modded. most vr6s don't get modded
>and just get body work because they want to be like the fast
>and furious jetta even though a jetta is a family car. MY
>OPINION so don't get pissed about it. I'm not into VWs.

Who cares if you are into VWs or not, at least know what you are talking about. Why the hell are you comparing a GST to a 4dr family sedan anyway, I dont compare my GTi to a Galant? A stock GST is a little faster(little meaning if a VR6 is slow then a stock GST is slow as well) than a MKIV GTi VR6 12V and slower than a GTi VR6 24V.
R&T has a 99.5 12V VR6 5sp @ 6.8 0-60 and 15.3 1/4 and 7.2 0-60 and 15.6 1/4, the only difference is the 02's came with bigger wheels. A few ticks off but comparible to a stock GST, hence again if a VR6 is slow that makes a stock GST not fasT!. VR6 GTis of the same year as GSTs (pre 99.5) are even faster than the above times thanks to 200lbs difference in weight but only 2hp differnce in power. A stock GST only puts 10 more hp to the wheels than a stock VR6 despite the 36hp rated difference.

There are more camshafts (shrick 260/264, 268, 272, 302 Cat cams 268, 272, 274 Piper 264 Kent 264, Techtonics 260/264 DSR 256, 266 ect), intake manifolds (VSR,VGi, HPA) Big valve heads, supercharger and turbo kits (AMS, Z engineering, ATP, HPA), stoker kits, hardcore parts and tuners for the VR6 than for just about any normally aspirated engine in existance short of hondas. If nobody's modding do tell how they exist and have existed for the past 10 years and counting?

Looks like you've been watching too much fast and furious. Your comparing VW owners mentality to fast and furious when the movies very existance is fueled my eclipse and honda owners. Lets be real. there are 100X more eclipse and honda owners with cars slow and piss with big ass body kits and wings. Thats just straight ignorance, most VW owners arent into that style of modding at all (hell they laugh at it).

The very fact that you dont know an S4 from a A4 shows your only experience with VW/Audis are this one VR6 Jetta you keep whipping so can talking about what you dont really know about. I like DSMs more than VWs and have owned 3 so far. I got my first one in 92 and 2G when they came out in 95. I have no shortage of DSM in my blood.

I bought a VW to be different not because of my great love for VWs, its my 1rst one. I speak the truth, you are just talking out your ass!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

1sweet98talonJan-19-03 06:26 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
#2277, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 12
Jan-19-03 06:27 PM by 1sweet98talon

I don't own a VW, never have, but eventually will.. I know a whole lot about them. I have subscriptions to a few VW magazines, so I keep up with them alot. Don't fear a stock 1.8T, but if someone go's into modding one of them, beware. You really don't know what you are up against until you realize what they have done. Fast and Furious completly bashed the way actual VW enthusiests think about modifying their cars. My personal favorite new car under 20k..GTI 1.8T. They look sweet, and seem to be very fun to modify and drive..

And one last thing that I will always say.. nothing beats the style of a european car. Tons of people make laugh at me for liking MK2/MK3 Golfs/GTI's, but I find them to be one of the nicer cars.

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

DemonEclipseJan-20-03 07:18 AM
Member since Jan 19th 2003
165 posts,
#2278, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 13

your gst running 15pounds intake and whatever else you have against a 1.8t..you got him hands down. even if he is slightly modded you will still take it. Thats all there is to it

intake, 2.5 exhaust w/gst muffler, pacesetter header, msd wires, ngk plugs, port and polish throttlebody, front and rear strut bars, 1.5' tenzo springs, 17" primax rims, kuhmo tires, leather interior, gsx sideskirts, BM shortshifter, GM fluid in trans...

invaznGSTJan-20-03 10:51 AM
3897 posts,
#2281, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 12

well um..i'm not into VWs and yes they are family cars..that's exactly my point. People with VWs think they are fast but they aren't fast. I'm not saying my car is fast but at least it's a 'sports' car..4 door sedan isn't a sports car and people ricing them out just is stupid. and why should i study about VWs..i don't care for them. my opinion is i don't care for VWs and I was just curious how fast a GTi was because I was wondering why I see people try to supe them up.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

speed99Jan-23-03 10:56 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2002
42 posts,
#2285, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 15

I don't know if this is off the post or not but i have dsm and befor I got it I was thinking about getting a gti golf like the one stan has in his pic do they come v6 it sounds like a new v6 eclipse this guy has one in my area its nice lowerd black with that lip wing on the back thats it for out side he has the stock rims on it duno about the inside as in hp mods go but I like them .... and befor that only vw I had was a 1969 bug that If I still had it would smoke any small modded gst with no prob well when you got a 1910cc with mods in a 1000lbs bug it can happen

Dualgen2Jan-24-03 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2288, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 16
Jan-24-03 05:05 AM by Dualgen2

VW are slow family cars? ha u live an hour from me Ill show ya some VW's. My friend ran 14.7 bone stock in his 1.8T VW. BPU it and you got possible hgih 13's easy. The older 1.8T VW's and Audi's were much slower w/ 150 HP and newer ones have 180 so you could easy take the older ones. Friend ran 14.7 in his older VR-6 which was pretty stock and has less mods then you. So your car stock runs 15.3 which is slower then both a stock VR-6 and newer 1.8T. VW and Audi love chips and get crazy HP gains from them (50-60 HP for S4 chip I believe) so dont sleep on VW's or Audi's. Capital Area DSM was talking smack to some guy in Audi/VW forum in Baltimore and they all met up to race and every DSM got their ass handed to them. These DSM's had 16G's, 20G's, franks, but every since that happened I dont sleep on VW, or Audi's plus Stan knows where I live so I dont want him to come beat my ass. Also its Stan running on 19's.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

woppishbobJan-24-03 06:43 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2002
168 posts,
#2289, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 17

haha, I like that TURBO emblem on the rear of your eclipse...where'd it come from..a VW???

ModeratorVX100Jan-25-03 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2290, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 17

>Capital Area DSM was talking
>smack to some guy in Audi/VW forum in Baltimore and they all
>met up to race and every DSM got their ass handed to them.
>These DSM's had 16G's, 20G's, franks,

4G63 guys who talk smack usually don't know what the hell they are doing. The really fast and good 4g63 guys (the guys who run mid 12s on a stock 1st gen 14B, unlike guys with 20Gs and front mounts running mid 13s which I have seen, even at the shootout) usually say nothing and let their cars talk for them.

>but every since that
>happened I dont sleep on VW, or Audi's

Nor should anyone. Some of those cars are SCARY fast now.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

invaznGSTJan-27-03 03:13 PM
3897 posts,
#2294, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 19
Jan-27-03 03:14 PM by invaznGST

uhm..i'm in DSMCA..and i'm probably one of the slower cars in the group. we are all GST/GSX/TSI/VR4. i've seen many guys in my club run low 11s and mid 10s and they are street legal. oh and the turbo emblem was taken from a porsche parts website.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2204 Previous topic | Next topic