Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1571
View in linear mode

Subject: "To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?" Previous topic | Next topic
j92Jul-29-02 02:52 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2002
77 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1571, "To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"

Just looking for a little inspiration. I would love to have a stick, but I don't think that will ever happen unless I get the nerve to do the transition.

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, TeamAvenger, Jul-29-02 02:26 PM, #1
RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, soulcontroller, Jul-31-02 02:23 PM, #2
      RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, phatGS, Jul-31-02 03:54 PM, #3
           RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, Blk95Talon, Aug-01-02 01:20 AM, #4
                RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, DarKReaLity, Aug-02-02 10:10 AM, #5
                     RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, TeamAvenger, Aug-02-02 12:03 PM, #6
                          RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, soldier101, Aug-02-02 01:47 PM, #7
                               RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-03-02 07:55 PM, #8
                                    RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, fasterGS, Aug-04-02 03:42 AM, #9
                                         RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, gseclipse_1999, Aug-14-02 08:26 PM, #10
                                              RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, jsd98dsm, Aug-16-02 07:27 AM, #11
                                              RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, gseclipse_1999, Aug-18-02 05:21 AM, #13
                                              RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, Blk95Talon, Aug-16-02 08:19 AM, #12
                                                   RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Sep-03-02 02:26 AM, #14
                                                        RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, silvreclipsers, Sep-06-02 11:16 AM, #15
                                                             RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, euro_clipse, Sep-14-02 07:59 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, soldier101, Sep-18-02 01:58 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, 97_ESi, Sep-24-02 09:10 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, 98EclipseGirl, Sep-26-02 01:00 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, TeamAvenger, Sep-27-02 02:29 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-22-02 01:03 AM, #21
                                                                                           RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?, discount_tyr420a, Oct-27-02 03:40 PM, #22

TeamAvengerJul-29-02 02:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1572, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 0

Back in the good 'ol days before the swap the best time with the AT was a 16.9 @ 81. I think Shuwa's got the record with a 16.8 or so. Ryan had a 16.7 in his avenger.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerJul-31-02 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1573, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 1

hmm. i ran an 18.5 the other day with a good 200 lbs of stereo in the back, topped off tank of gas, 17" rims, and thats about all i can think of right now.

i have a cat back, cai, plugs and wires...

50 shot of nos was in the trunk but not functioning.

damn it was slow.

phatGSJul-31-02 03:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1574, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 2

i ran 17.2 w/ aem cold air intake....

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Blk95TalonAug-01-02 01:20 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1575, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 3

No no no...there was someone on here with the at record...i think it was 11sec, but the timeslips mysteriously disappeared, and then the car got in an accident and was totaled. But it <insert sarcasm here> REALLY was a 11 sec auto !!!

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

DarKReaLityAug-02-02 10:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#1576, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 4

i got so far 13.6 at 15psi on my run 2 weeks ago. hopefully it'll improve if this ECU mod is legit.

TeamAvengerAug-02-02 12:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1577, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 5

Sorry. I meant the record NA. No turbo no NOS. hehe. My bad.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

soldier101Aug-02-02 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1578, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 6

I ran steady 18.5's at the track, with no other weight except me

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

9D9 MITSU RSAug-03-02 07:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1579, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 7

I wanna run. I think I can break 16's. I hope. I'll probably run it sometime b4 I make it fast with turbo. My car seems pretty decent for auto. I have beaten other autos pretty badly, and I have had wins, small losses, and a few even pulls with 5 speed eclipses. I guess it depends on the driver, but still, a 5 speed is supposed to be quicker b/c less drivetrain parts. I can chirp 2nd as it is, and I can make it hit 3rd early with some traction loss for a split sec. It will chirp or feels like it, and sometimes feels like a small spin if I play with the gas pedal at around 50-60 range. It'll wind out, then just hit into 3rd when I feel it going to 3rd, apply the gas 100% and you get a little traction drama. It will hellafied chirp 2nd tho. You have to fuck with it a lot to get any results with 3rd, and it isn't worth it, b/c it doesn't do anything by shifting early.

fasterGSAug-04-02 03:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1580, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 8

>I wanna run. I think I can break 16's. I hope. I'll probably
>run it sometime b4 I make it fast with turbo. My car seems
>pretty decent for auto. I have beaten other autos pretty
>badly, and I have had wins, small losses, and a few even
>pulls with 5 speed eclipses. I guess it depends on the
>driver, but still, a 5 speed is supposed to be quicker b/c
>less drivetrain parts. I can chirp 2nd as it is, and I can
>make it hit 3rd early with some traction loss for a split
>sec. It will chirp or feels like it, and sometimes feels
>like a small spin if I play with the gas pedal at around
>50-60 range. It'll wind out, then just hit into 3rd when I
>feel it going to 3rd, apply the gas 100% and you get a
>little traction drama. It will hellafied chirp 2nd tho. You
>have to fuck with it a lot to get any results with 3rd, and
>it isn't worth it, b/c it doesn't do anything by shifting
>early.

You keep playing with the tranny like that and you will be replacing it. The AT trannys don't put up with much abuse, its so damn senstive that if you put the wrong tranny fluid in it will go boom. Just a thought bud, you might want to take it easy.

gseclipse_1999Aug-14-02 08:26 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
51 posts,
#1581, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 9

My best time

Reaction - .243(ouch)
60ft - 2.5800
1/8th mile - 10.779
1/4 mile - 16.663 at 85.749mph

Eclipse GS 1999
Greddy Headers
AirMass Catback Exhaust
Nology Plug Wires
Nology Spark Plugs
AEM Cool Air Intake
Jet Chip

Eclipse GS 1999 10th Ann.
Greddy Headers
AirMass Catback Exhaust
Nology Plug Wires
Nology Spark Plugs
AEM Cool Air Intake
Jet Chip
Unorthodox UDP

jsd98dsmAug-16-02 07:27 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2002
162 posts,
#1582, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 10

gs-eclipse99 how do you launch your car?

98 esi A/t:
injen intake
n1 muffler
white gauges
17' adr sokodu's
coilovers 1.75' drop
obx front strut bar
3 stage metal headgasket
(should of rebuilt bottem when this was done but I'm stupid)

gseclipse_1999Aug-18-02 05:21 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
51 posts,
#1583, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 11

I have a manual, I know my launch is pretty boggy. I have a hard time keeping the car still at the light. The track is at a little bit of slope at the start.

Eclipse GS 1999
Greddy Headers
AirMass Catback Exhaust
Nology Plug Wires
Nology Spark Plugs
AEM Cool Air Intake
Jet Chip

Eclipse GS 1999 10th Ann.
Greddy Headers
AirMass Catback Exhaust
Nology Plug Wires
Nology Spark Plugs
AEM Cool Air Intake
Jet Chip
Unorthodox UDP

Blk95TalonAug-16-02 08:19 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
#1584, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 10

>My best time
>
>Reaction - .243(ouch)
>60ft - 2.5800
>1/8th mile - 10.779
>1/4 mile - 16.663 at 85.749mph
>
>Eclipse GS 1999
>Greddy Headers
>AirMass Catback Exhaust
>Nology Plug Wires
>Nology Spark Plugs
>AEM Cool Air Intake
>Jet Chip

Are you auto or manual?

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

9D9 MITSU RSSep-03-02 02:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1585, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 12

the tranny has been fine with me jerking it around for a while. if I break it, I can have it rebuild for nothing. We run an auto tranny shop. I can have equivalent to level 10, with a few tricks for like $300 or less.

silvreclipsersSep-06-02 11:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#1586, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 14

my tranny makes funny noises when I put it in drive or when I come to a stop, it gets on my nerves and I wish it wouldnt do that. I noticed almost all chrysler cars have it, I thought my tranny was fucked or something but I guess not

euro_clipseSep-14-02 07:59 PM
Member since May 14th 2002
515 posts,
#1587, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 15

Yeah, kinda sounds like your taking an empty balloon and stretching it apart. It reminds me of pulling on a rubber band! Hehe.

Black '98 GS auto
I-vers intake
Custom (home made!) ram air conversion
Front & rear strut bars
OBX fog lights w/ fog light mod
Illuminated tail mod
RSR rear section
JVC cd player
Kenwood components
Sony XM-250 amp
10" Polk DX sub

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
jalapenos.
What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

soldier101Sep-18-02 01:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1588, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 16

>Yeah, kinda sounds like your taking an empty balloon and
>stretching it apart. It reminds me of pulling on a rubber
>band! Hehe.
>
>
>Black '98 GS auto
>I-vers intake
>Custom (home made!) ram air conversion
>Front & rear strut bars
>OBX fog lights w/ fog light mod
>Illuminated tail mod
>RSR rear section
>JVC cd player
>Kenwood components
>Sony XM-250 amp
>10" Polk DX sub

heheeh yup

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

97_ESiSep-24-02 09:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#1589, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 17

I really wanna run my car but never got out to the track this year. I'm thinking I could run a high 16 to low 17 - expecially with the drive gear mod and some colder weather. My car seems to hate the hot weather but love the cold stuff!

-----------------
1997 Eagle Talon ESi
Check out more pictures here: http://mikelaidlaw.tripod.com

MODS
-----
Blitz Front Bumper - Invader Type 1 Side Skirts - 17" Gunmetal Motegi MR7's - Final Drive Gear Mod - H&R Lowering Springs - 97 Eclipse Headlights - Taillight Mods - Interior Colouring/Lighting/Accessories - Stereo - Intake Filter, Plugs and Wires

98EclipseGirlSep-26-02 01:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
202 posts,
#1590, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 18

This was my very first run at the track:

r/t: 1.111
60: 2.760
330: 7.737
1/8: 11.798
mph: 61.86
1000: 15.211
1/4: 18.098
mph: 77.40

I ran 9 more times that day, but was not able to beat that first run for 1/4 mile time. My best r/t of the day was a .560 (full tree) so I'm pretty happy about that.

Guess it's time for some more mods . . .

Jen
98 Eclipse RS
modified air box
euro clear side markers w/ blue bulbs
GS-T muffler
Turbo wing waiting to be painted
"still NT just because " ... VX100

Jen - 98 Eclipse RS
"still NT just because " ... VX100

TeamAvengerSep-27-02 02:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#1591, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 19

Your MPH is good 17s but your 60' time is definitely what's killing you. Also it's not a good idea to run the AT too many times too quickly. Heat is your greatest enemy (and the good 'ol tranny killer). Work on the launching and you should see better times. Back before the tranny swap I had runs of 17.2 @ 88.5mph which is just 1mph off from yours.

BTW, reaction time doesn't calculate into your 1/4mi ET.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)

9D9 MITSU RSOct-22-02 01:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1592, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 20

my dad told me what that noise was when u shift. It does it bad right after a fluid change. Something about pressure, etc.

discount_tyr420aOct-27-02 03:40 PM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#1593, "RE: To all with AT.. what is your best 1/4 mi times?"
In response to Reply # 21

AT times are rather depressing it seems. but the best ive gotten is a 17.8 1/4 mile time. i was kinda hoping to get like a 16.5 cuz i can beat manual RS and GS all day long, but oh well.

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1571 Previous topic | Next topic