Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1537
View in linear mode

Subject: "GS-T racing" Previous topic | Next topic
2good2dropJul-27-02 10:05 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2002
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1537, "GS-T racing"

Any advice on racing a GS-T? My parts are pretty much stock (mostly appearance mods, and an air filter), i would love some advice on takeoff/shifting rpm, throttle positions, etc. As of now i just hit it up to 3500 rpm and slip clutch then pop it to take off, and slip a bit from 2nd to 3rd. I think i shift a little low, generally at 6200 rpm ish... sometimes to redline... would love advice i'm such a noobie!

If i had never gotten into cars, i could still afford to eat.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: GS-T racing, superdavesgst, Jul-28-02 04:09 PM, #1
RE: GS-T racing, HadesOmega, Aug-01-02 07:58 PM, #2
      RE: GS-T racing, invaznGST, Aug-11-02 12:30 PM, #3
           RE: GS-T racing, Dave_FL, Aug-11-02 01:34 PM, #4
                RE: GS-T racing, invaznGST, Aug-14-02 02:28 PM, #5
                     RE: GS-T racing, GRAHAM, Sep-09-02 07:00 PM, #6

superdavesgstJul-28-02 04:09 PM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1538, "RE: GS-T racing"
In response to Reply # 0

get a turbo back exhaust system, as far as goin threw the gears, um....do it as agressive and fast as possible, unless you wanna take care of it,i would recommend to do it fast but not to grind the gears, you launching tech's sound good, do mods and make it faster, the guy with the most money in his car always wins, look at the freakish tiboron guy, twin motors arnt cheap, later

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaAug-01-02 07:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1539, "RE: GS-T racing"
In response to Reply # 1

When he hits 3k rpm you'll see his tail lights that's all I have to say. I drove stock GST woohoo fast! 3k it slams you back into the seat.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

invaznGSTAug-11-02 12:30 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#1540, "RE: GS-T racing"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah my GST is pretty decent but..it will peel out for a second or two..try the GSX..now those all wheel drive things are fast right off the line..fun to drive

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Dave_FLAug-11-02 01:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#1541, "RE: GS-T racing"
In response to Reply # 3

A GST is nothing compared to a 420a with 15 psi. GST's run mid 15's stock. That is slow IMO. I was running better than that at 5 psi with no intercooler.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

invaznGSTAug-14-02 02:28 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#1542, "RE: GS-T racing"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah but if you modded the GST like the 420a then the GST/GSX would be even faster :x..420as are good engines to mod though. At least no one does engine swaps like those gay civics with their prelude engines

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

GRAHAMSep-09-02 07:00 PM
Member since May 19th 2003
17 posts,
#1543, "RE: GS-T racing"
In response to Reply # 5

stock gs-t isnt that fast i can kind of keep up and dont have alot done to my car.kind of and stock are the key words here, if he has any mods dont even bother. p.s. shift at the redline.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1537 Previous topic | Next topic