Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1182
View in linear mode

Subject: "I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneMay-08-02 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1182, "I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can't get my car to hook up at all. I was running 9.6:1 on 5lbs last year and was running mid to low 15's.

I did a rebuild put in 8.6:1 .020 over, cam gears, afx udp, lightened crank, cm stage 4, and boosting 9psi and I was getting the same times, even some slower.

I got fuel cut in third one time down but still came across w/ a 15.500. I don't have any idea what I am doing wrong. I spin all the way through first. And if I don't spin I get hella wheel hop.

any ideas on things to improve.

i know the car is capable of MUCH better times. I think it is me that need to improve.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, soldier101, May-09-02 01:09 AM, #1
RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, JustOne, May-09-02 01:45 AM, #2
      RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, soldier101, May-09-02 02:00 AM, #3
           RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, speedracer21, May-09-02 02:44 AM, #4
                RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Strauss, May-09-02 03:05 AM, #5
                     RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ModeratorVX100, May-09-02 05:08 AM, #6
                          RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, vegasdsmr, May-09-02 08:43 AM, #7
                               RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, TeamMichael_97RS, May-09-02 04:00 PM, #8
                                    RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, skinny_one, May-10-02 09:02 PM, #9

soldier101May-09-02 01:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1183, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

you're stage 4 running 15.5's? yup driver error

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JustOneMay-09-02 01:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#1184, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

nope, the dfi and crane are going on today and this weekend. I have had these things sitting im my room forever. I was running a stage 2 set up and boosting 9ish lbs. i know there is alot of driver error because my first run was 16.68 and the thrird was 16.00 and the last was 15.50. If I had stayed I would have gotten it lower. prob aroud 14.8. I was just spinning like a mad man off the tree and I was missing shifts. I suck ass!

soldier101May-09-02 02:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#1185, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

lol, I suck at driving 5 speeds, I have a heavy foot, which in turn means when I push the clutch in, I don't let all the way off the gas....hmm not good while shifting just before rev limit

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

speedracer21May-09-02 02:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#1186, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

it just takes time and practice man. I've never gone to the track before, so just imagine i'll probably get a high 14 or 15 my first time and i'll be running 18 or more psi lol

StraussMay-09-02 03:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#1187, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey man, don't worry about it. You know what they say......practice makes perfect! You got to stay with it longer than 3 runs though....you need the practice. If you don't keep trying, you'll never get better! What were your 60' times and your mph on those runs? That will give me a better idea as to what you SHOULD be running

ModeratorVX100May-09-02 05:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1188, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

you have lots of power, you need traction

getting drag radials (like nitto555s or something like that) should help keep the power to the ground

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

vegasdsmrMay-09-02 08:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#1189, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

ya, dont floor it... motor mounts will help w/your wheel hop, or maybe u have em, and u just are puttin too much power to the ground...

practice makes perfect. my second time at the trak, i smoked a 3.1 60ft time (and beat the ford i was racin ) not impressive at all..

but ya, keep your head up, and dont drop the clutch..

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

TeamMichael_97RSMay-09-02 04:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1190, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah with that much power it's hard to keep it down, our tires are tiney. So you could try some drag radials or even slicks and that would help a lot. But it's all on the driver now. Properly feather the throttle, good clutch release, etc. Just going to take some practice.

Una salus victus.
It's not about being invincible, it's about being ready; for anything.

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All motor in the making.
Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Intake Manifold 1/2, P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

skinny_oneMay-10-02 09:02 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
#1191, "RE: I that this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

If you don't have them, motor mount inserts just about kill off the wheel hop. I put my fronts in (thanks to vegasdsmr's write up) and I hop about once or twice and then smoke the tires. I can't wait to put the back ones in.

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1182 Previous topic | Next topic