Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1173
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto X First time" Previous topic | Next topic
wakebord99May-08-02 01:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
130 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1173, "Auto X First time"

Hey guys, just wanted to let u all know, this last week was my first Auto X race. It was a blast, and i took a porche 911. Anyone
else do any kind of autox racin?

97' Eclipse RS (kinda)

Present mods:
HRC stage III turbo kit (12 psi street, 25 psi track) / HKS 2 1/2" cat back exhaust w/burnt cat / 16" wheels w/Yokohomo tires (215/40) / 420A engine w/ tooled crank, billet crower rods, and 8.5:1 JE pistons / Head ported and polished, 3 angled valve job
Power-stop brakes w/axis pads / Ebachi Pro lowering kit (1.8") / MSD DIS-2 ignition system w/turbo retard

Near Future:
Stand-alone fuel system / 550cc injectors, and fuel rail / TEC III fuel/ecu system / 17” Hart racing wheels / KYB AGX struts, w/ upgraded anti sway bars / Rear brake conversion (front to rear, Brembo in front)

Jay-
wakbrd99@aol.com

97' Eclipse RS (kinda)

Present mods:
HRC stage III turbo kit (12 psi street, 25 psi track) / HKS 2 1/2" cat back exhaust w/burnt cat / 16" wheels w/Yokohomo tires (215/40) / 420A engine w/ tool

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Auto X First time, TimACRcoupe, May-08-02 02:45 PM, #1
RE: Auto X First time, ModeratorVX100, May-09-02 01:02 AM, #2
RE: Auto X First time, HadesOmega, May-09-02 09:34 AM, #3
      RE: Auto X First time, theallpowerfulme, May-13-02 09:09 AM, #4
           RE: Auto X First time, Doug96GS, May-13-02 04:19 PM, #5
                RE: Auto X First time, TeamDeanoD, May-15-02 01:25 PM, #6
wait till you do time trial / open track event, Moderatorjuan, May-18-02 09:45 AM, #7
      RE: wait till you do time trial / open track event, HadesOmega, May-22-02 06:51 AM, #8

TimACRcoupeMay-08-02 02:45 PM
Member since Apr 23rd 2002
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1174, "RE: Auto X First time"
In response to Reply # 0

I just got started last year. The more and more I autocross, the less and less I'm impressed with straight line speed as a measure of performance. To me, it's only about 2000% more fun and addictive than dragracing.

My latest autocross pic (me almost loosing it at about 50 MPH on a banked 1/4 oval track littered with slalom pylons)

Tim

9.50 @ 72.4 (1/8 mile) - 2.145 60' (street tires) - Dodges cones good too
Twickenham Auto Club
http://www.teamtac.org/
Tennessee Valley Region of the Sports Car Club of America
http://www.tvrscca.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100May-09-02 01:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1175, "RE: Auto X First time"
In response to Reply # 1

not lately, but I've been known to autocross once in a while

good job, what were your lap times compared to the porsche?

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

HadesOmegaMay-09-02 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1176, "RE: Auto X First time"
In response to Reply # 2

dang 911 huh, haha I'd get creamed by those and corollas GTSs. I start autoxing last year and haven't been doing so well. I don't like autox all that much it's a good place to experiment with techniques but nothing beats driving at a real track hehe. Autox is like hit and miss if you mess up once your time is screwed up.

my member ended couple dayz ago and the cars engine is weakening, clutch is starting to slip, etc.... so it's time to stop for awhile Plus 25 bux a race is starting to be too much for my wallet. Heh I just got some good tires also

that's a nice pic Tim hehe drift time!

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

theallpowerfulmeMay-13-02 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#1177, "RE: Auto X First time"
In response to Reply # 3

I do my own auto xing, but instead of pylons ( which are too soft to really make you think I better make this turn w/o hitting it) I use the lightposts in industrial parkin lots. And when it comes to driftin' nothing beats the back roads around here.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Doug96GSMay-13-02 04:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#1178, "RE: Auto X First time"
In response to Reply # 4

I've autocrossed once back in the fall. I've got to tell ya, I didn't think that my car could perform so well, it surprised me. I definetely want to do it again, this time get it on video tape

TeamDeanoDMay-15-02 01:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#1179, "RE: Auto X First time"
In response to Reply # 5

I compete in Region 77 SCCA. Last year I was Street Touring year end points champion. This year I am competing in Street Modified. The class is MUCH tougher, but the rush is 10 times better. My driving skills are always improving. Those that do not like to autoX, are the ones getting beat on a regular basis. You really have to go slower and be smoother to get lower times. You also need to work on looking at least 2-3 features ahead to pick the proper driving lines. Walk the course a minimum of 3 times without anyone else to bother you. Know what speed you will be at what part of the course, know when you will brake, know when you will accelerate, know which features will allow you to carry speed and which ones to give it up because it will cost you time. Once you get a good 2 runs, start trying different lines to see if it improves your times, drive deeper until you max your threshold braking capibilities and always always always have a good time!

That was meant to be one long sentence....LOL

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

ModeratorjuanMay-18-02 09:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#1180, "wait till you do time trial / open track event"
In response to Reply # 1

There isnt the competetive aspect of AutoX, but damn its fun going full bore 100+mph on a real racetrack like ButtonWillow. A lot higher stakes though, very real chance of pranging your car.

juan

HadesOmegaMay-22-02 06:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1181, "RE: wait till you do time trial / open track event"
In response to Reply # 7

buttonwillow rox!!!

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1173 Previous topic | Next topic