Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1092
View in linear mode

Subject: "should i win??" Previous topic | Next topic
mitsumanApr-27-02 06:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1092, "should i win??"

well i got a freind that knows a guy with a civic lx 89 wih a b16a swap intake headers exh no cat. i have hrc stg 2. should i be able to beat him? or would he pull? when we do race i will have some bigger injectors and a S-afc to tune with and will be pushin bout 7.5 psi. he is talkin mad smack. i really cant loose this. so i jes wanna be prepared to win or to loose. and fuck man 1st gear sux hell. no frip and i have 235's. o well guess i gotta take it slow. tnx for any info. laters

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Ride:
1. Motegi MR7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17
2. H&R Sport Springs

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

Electronics:
1. HKS TT(sitting in room)
2. Apexi S-afc(sitting in
room)

Body:
1. Blitz front end(sitting in
room)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. Injectors
2. Howell rebuild kit.

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: should i win??, ModeratorVX100, Apr-28-02 04:46 AM, #1
RE: should i win??, mitsuman, Apr-29-02 06:49 AM, #2
      RE: should i win??, Teameclipse804, Apr-29-02 01:35 PM, #3
           RE: should i win??, mitsuman, Apr-29-02 06:10 PM, #4
                RE: should i win??, DemonEclipse, Mar-04-03 07:08 PM, #5
                     RE: should i win??, likestofloorit, Mar-06-03 10:09 PM, #6
                          RE: should i win??, CVedEclipse, Mar-09-03 01:20 AM, #7
                               RE: should i win??, 98Talon, Mar-12-03 06:48 AM, #8

ModeratorVX100Apr-28-02 04:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1093, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 0

you've gat a stage 2 kit, and he just has a hatchback (very light car, not to be underestimated) with an all motor b16 swap, you should win. You didn't mention that he had a turbo, so even with a light car and only a few mods he shouldn't be able to get a win.

if you're having traction problems, race from a rool

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mitsumanApr-29-02 06:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#1094, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 1

yea i know dammit i can not get a good launch without burnnin a;l threw 1st. i need to practice!!! thx l8r

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Ride:
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17
2. H&R Sport Springs

Sound:
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

Electronics:
room)

Body:
room)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. Injectors
2. Howell rebuild kit.

Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com

Teameclipse804Apr-29-02 01:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1095, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 2

I ran against an all motor crx, not sure what it had, but he ran a high 13. So I think it would be close maybe...depends on what he has in the motor. Or is it just a stock b16a?

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

mitsumanApr-29-02 06:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#1096, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 3

well he has a stock b16a not sure if its 1st gen or 2nd gen. but i raced him today. he had another guy in the car and i beat him 3 times, du to his bad launches which actually were true. 1st time he was soo nervouse he jet dumped the clutch at 3-4 k and burned threw all first and caught no traction. second race it poped out of 1st when he took aff 3rd race we both took off but i guess he didnt get a good launch. 4th time we race i get a ok laucnh and he gets a good laucnh he immeadiatly jumps one car and keeps the same distance threw top of third. i really believe that once im fully tuned and get ome bigger injectors that i can smoke him. what yall think. at the moment i m getting mad hesitation and power loose i think du to spark. ill try regaping them. and my fuel psi isnt as high as it should be. under full boost i peg 80-85 psi shouldnt i be at allmost 100? im boosting about 7.5-8 psi. well sorry spo long had to share the stories. o and he only has an intake and no cat. when we race later on he will also have headders and a chip. i think i should win. what do you think?

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Turbo:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Blits SS BOV

Exhaust:
1. Greddy Power Extreme

Ride:
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17
2. H&R Sport Springs

Sound:
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

Electronics:
room)

Body:
room)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. Injectors
2. Howell rebuild kit.

Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com

DemonEclipseMar-04-03 07:08 PM
Member since Jan 19th 2003
165 posts,
#2407, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 4

my opinion is if you dont smoke him then there has to definitely be something wrong. Thats sucks alot if that car can beat a stage 2 eclipse.

intake, 2.5 exhaust w/gst muffler, pacesetter header, msd wires, ngk plugs, port and polish throttlebody, front and rear strut bars, 1.5' tenzo springs, 17" primax rims, kuhmo tires, leather interior, gsx sideskirts, BM shortshifter, GM fluid in trans...

likestoflooritMar-06-03 10:09 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
397 posts,
#2424, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 5

You should be able to own his ass....if not he got a pretty fast car

97 Rs 5sp
-Intake
-Front upper strut bar
-Tint 20% o yeah
-Coilovers/KYB ADJ
-60mm TB
-P&P intake mani
-Cat Back System.
-Funny Rims?? dont lie
~likestofloorit.. (1/4=16.258)(60=2.363)

CVedEclipseMar-09-03 01:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#2441, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 6

i think you should be able to take him... of course 90% of any good race is the driver/launch. ive raced this same civic around here with a b16b swap.. and from stand still we are pretty close, but i usually pull on him.. from a roll, easy kill... and i have no clutch

hatchbacks w/ swaps should never be under estimated (not that you would jon.. i know you know what i know.... ???) haha.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

98TalonMar-12-03 06:48 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#2479, "RE: should i win??"
In response to Reply # 7

a b16b is a stronger motor than a b16a. I've not been impressed with the performance of an HRC Stage 2, however, I can only base this on one car, and that car is an automatic. I think it will be a good race, keep us posted man.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1092 Previous topic | Next topic