Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1019
View in linear mode

Subject: "Went to the track last night" Previous topic | Next topic
SaberKhanApr-22-02 12:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1019, "Went to the track last night"

Na, I didnt run my car. Though, a good friend of mine ran his car. (You know him, Dino..Mike.."The Wang") My buddy's 97' Civic Ex with 87k miles with only an APC-Autozone short ram and a weld-on muffler rollin' on some 17" chrome wheels ran a 16.2 @ 85mph with a 2.3 sec 60ft. I was damn proud One of our friends who drives an 11 second Mustang drove his car for him. One of our other friends in his 91' 240sx with 200k+ miles on a slipping clutch was nailing off 15.7's @ 88mph. I really need to get my car out there, as I routinely pull on the 240sx steadily on the street. So I know my traps are in the 90mph range. It was a fun night all in all.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Went to the track last night, joshacu, Apr-22-02 12:36 AM, #1
RE: Went to the track last night, ModeratorVX100, Apr-22-02 06:16 AM, #2
      RE: Went to the track last night, SaberKhan, Apr-22-02 07:09 AM, #3
           RE: Went to the track last night, ModeratorVX100, Apr-22-02 07:19 AM, #4
                RE: Went to the track last night, joshacu, Apr-22-02 08:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Went to the track last night, SaberKhan, Apr-22-02 04:04 PM, #6
                     RE: Went to the track last night, ModeratorVX100, Apr-23-02 01:53 AM, #7
                          RE: Went to the track last night, joshacu, Apr-23-02 05:03 AM, #8
                          RE: Went to the track last night, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-23-02 08:29 AM, #9
                               RE: Went to the track last night, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-23-02 08:33 AM, #10

joshacuApr-22-02 12:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1020, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 0

damnit jake we want low 15s. next time you go to the track make some passes, for all our reputations.
-Josh

weapon-r intake
greddy headers
apex-i n1 catback
afx udp
energy suspension
motor mounts
cf altezza tail lights
bored t/b
magnecore wires
hotter plugs

15.882@86.27

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Apr-22-02 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1021, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 1

Jake is not the only one holding up our reputations and looking for those low 15s and high 14s 1/4 mile times.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

SaberKhanApr-22-02 07:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#1022, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 2

Thats right Hell, Todd makes way more of an effort to race than I do. I've only got about 8 runs at the track under my belt compared to his hundreds probably. I'm more of a streetracer. I *will* be going to the track after I get the intake manifold P&P, TB bored and my header put on. Then I will definitely run again, and this time I'm putting the stock 14's on.

p.s.- josh, I didnt mean to give you a neutral on my rating, I forgot to check the + comment box Sorry.

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorVX100Apr-22-02 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1023, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 3

Yea, it's at least 150 runs at the drag strip so far and the clutch still seems fine to me

Hopefully my next round of mods will be on the car VERY soon and I'll be able to try them out in a week and a half, and see how much more I can nudge down that 1/4 mile time.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

joshacuApr-22-02 08:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
#1024, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 4

sorry todd, didnt mean to leave you out like that. both of you guys ran a practiclly identical 1/4 mile time. i singled out jake because i knew he had alot of new mods going on in a short period of time. i still havent gone to a track ( Abilene, tx middle of nowhere). i would really like to see what i could run. after running just about even with that prelude i have a little bit more confidence. might run mid to high 15s if i could get a good launch over the summer i plan on getting ard to p&p my intake man. and cam gears, and hope they give me 9 whp like some on here got, and possibly a c/f hood and fiberglass fenders to lose a little weight.

oh jake i know you have a stage 4 clutch, but i was wondering if you had a light weight flywheel with it. the stage 4 converts the clutch to non-modular right? and that the only way you can have a lightweight f-w is with a non-mod? or do you suggest staying away from after market f-w's sorry for all the questions

Thanks
-Josh

weapon-r intake
greddy headers
apex-i n1 catback
afx udp
energy suspension
motor mounts
cf altezza tail lights
bored t/b
magnecore wires
hotter plugs

15.882@86.27

SaberKhanApr-22-02 04:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#1025, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 5

The only stupid question is the one you dont ask Actually, the CM stage 4 setup uses the same as stock. Flywheel is riveted to the back of the clutch. The only thing I could really see lightening would be the flex plate, and thats already really thin. So...I'm just gonna leave my as is.

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorVX100Apr-23-02 01:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1026, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 5

>sorry todd, didnt mean to leave you out like that. both of
>you guys ran a practiclly identical 1/4 mile time.

Josh, I wasn't really feeling that left out, a litle left out but not that left out I should have typed in more sarcasim, I wasn't being that serious.

i singled
>out jake because i knew he had alot of new mods going on in
>a short period of time.

I haven't been broadcasting what's going on with my car lately, so I'll fill you in. I've got a high flow cat converter which should have the flanges welded onto it by the end of the week. Also, I've got some cam gears that should be coming in by the end of the week as well. So, If I get a chance to install them all by the weekend, withing a week or two I'll see how much I can get my 1/4 mile time down.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

joshacuApr-23-02 05:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
#1027, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 7

yea i knew you werent being too serious, just thought i would give you some credit you deserve it almost ( 2 thousandths of a second) as much as jake one day i will kick both your asses, haha, that will be a while though, and i might have to do it with a turbo }>

weapon-r intake
greddy headers
apex-i n1 catback
afx udp
energy suspension
motor mounts
cf altezza tail lights
bored t/b
magnecore wires
hotter plugs

15.882@86.27

TeamMichael_97RSApr-23-02 08:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1028, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 7

I NEED A JOB!!!!!

Or I'm not going to be able to keep up with you Todd... Running out of time to get my mods done... running out of time to get to the track... I hate Thursday being the only test and tune night by me, that's DoJo night!!! We'll see what I can get by the shootout...

Una salus victus.
It's not about being invincible, it's about being ready; for anything.

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Intake Manifold 1/2, P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamMichael_97RSApr-23-02 08:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1029, "RE: Went to the track last night"
In response to Reply # 9

Uh oh... I just checked the Route 66 site for this season... And test and tune has been moved to Tuesdays this season }> !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Una salus victus.
It's not about being invincible, it's about being ready; for anything.

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Intake Manifold 1/2, P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1019 Previous topic | Next topic