Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #796
View in linear mode

Subject: "OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!" Previous topic | Next topic
babybeclipseMar-15-02 12:52 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#796, "OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"

I just got beat by a STOCK civic hatch! I feel like all the work I did to my car are worthless. I can't believe I got beat! Why bother? I think the only way I can compeate is a trans swap. There goes another grand! Just to get some respect.
Someone give me some kind words to build up my faith again before I go nuts and sell my car!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-15-02 01:04 PM, #1
RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, Fast420A, Mar-15-02 02:34 PM, #2
RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, babybeclipse, Mar-15-02 03:10 PM, #3
RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, Teameclipse804, Mar-15-02 03:10 PM, #4
RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, soldier101, Mar-15-02 03:27 PM, #5
      RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, babybeclipse, Mar-16-02 02:55 AM, #6
           RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, TeamAvenger, Mar-17-02 05:07 PM, #7
                RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, babybeclipse, Mar-18-02 01:11 AM, #8
                     RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, Mystic511, Mar-18-02 09:55 PM, #9
                          RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, babybeclipse, Mar-19-02 12:58 PM, #10
                               RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, eclipsekaiser, Mar-20-02 04:54 AM, #11
                                    RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, babybeclipse, Mar-21-02 07:08 AM, #12
                                    RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, cucumber, Mar-24-02 12:59 PM, #13
                                    RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, LS1Z28Chris, Mar-31-02 07:14 AM, #14
                                         RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, babybeclipse, Apr-01-02 01:29 AM, #15
                                              RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, LS1Z28Chris, Apr-09-02 09:08 AM, #16
                                                   RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!, 2bFaster, Apr-09-02 01:22 PM, #17

TeamXtremeRSMar-15-02 01:04 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#797, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 0

By getting a underdrive pulley, bored throttle body, and a cold air intake, along with some more weight reduction, will help you out some. Unfortunatly, the autos aren't as fast as the 5 spds, and the hatchback wieghs much less, which doesn't help either...Just keep up on the mods man, don't give up! Boost it or jam some nitrous in there, thats the only way to get us some more kills, auto or manual for that matter..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AMar-15-02 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#798, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 1

I like getting beat, makes me mod more!!! }>

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

babybeclipseMar-15-02 03:10 PM
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#799, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel like crap! Anyone do a trans swap? I hate this Sh@t box! If my gears were shorter I would have torn him a new one.

Teameclipse804Mar-15-02 03:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#800, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't feel bad, I remember losing to a DX civic hatchback on the freeway. It only had 96 hp and just an intake, but we were about even and then he started pulling a little. Our cars are supposed to have less of a disadvantage on the freeway too since you're already rolling.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

soldier101Mar-15-02 03:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
#801, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 4

yes swaps are done all the time..........Autos aren't really that bad if ya get ya a level ten tranny.....

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

babybeclipseMar-16-02 02:55 AM
3083 posts,
#802, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm wondering about just putting the money I would spend for a swap on upgrade bottom end and 200shot nos.

Take that Honda boy!}>

TeamAvengerMar-17-02 05:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#803, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 6

Not to sounds like an ass but all you really have in go fast mods is an exhaust and a modified intake. Stock autos have 1/4 et all the way up to 18s(some are worse). And you haven't really taken any weight out but added some and you are running on 18s. And what type of civic was it. They are already lighter than us by a good few hundred pounds. I'm not all that suprised that it beat you.

Swaps are not done everyday and I can count the number of people that have done it on 1 hand. It's not easy and it's not all that cheap either. It'll cost close to $1.5k to $2k. No one has ever gotten a level ten tranny so no one really knows how good it could be.

If you want to get fast rather quickly get a turbo kit. It'll speed you up rather quickly. It'll put you into the 15s and with a bottom end upgrade even faster. But on the highway or from a roll you'll be even faster.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

babybeclipseMar-18-02 01:11 AM
3083 posts,
#804, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 7

I was driving on my talon tsi wheels when I raced him. I decided I wont B#tch and wine because I'm buying a nitrous kit when I get some spare cash.

Thanks guys.

Mystic511Mar-18-02 09:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#805, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 8

what year civic was it? cuz if it was an older hatch, it could have been an Si. And yea, i'm sure those could take a lightly modded auto eclipse.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

babybeclipseMar-19-02 12:58 PM
3083 posts,
#806, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 9

It was a 96 CX (even worse...or better than DX? well weight advantage) He kicked my ass royal Thats ok, I have two years to save work on my car before I go to IN. With nothing else to pay for all my money is going into this monster}> I hope to be running low 14 high 13's when I finish college. Then come the "other bills".

eclipsekaiserMar-20-02 04:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#807, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 10

i agree, T.U.R.B.O. that baby. I did. Not many cars bother me on the street anymore. I should cruise down to the beach and start pickign fights with Porsche CS4 and 911 owners..

kaiser

-K-

babybeclipseMar-21-02 07:08 AM
3083 posts,
#808, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 11

Nice, what do you run in the quarter?

cucumberMar-24-02 12:59 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
592 posts,
#809, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 12

Hey babybeclipse...don't worry...just feed it some go-go juice. Trust me..I lost some...well more often than not when I had my car without the juice, just because it was auto, not I go pick on about anything on the street...no more wasting time with ricer hondas and acuras in my town...I try the V8's

"i want a turbo that gets full boost (35psi) at 2500rpms, and will make about 490hp to the wheels and make my greddy type blow off valve louder than jet airplanes

LS1Z28ChrisMar-31-02 07:14 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
866 posts,
#810, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 11

>i agree, T.U.R.B.O. that baby. I did. Not many cars bother
>me on the street anymore. I should cruise down to the beach
>and start pickign fights with Porsche CS4 and 911
>owners..
>
>kaiser

Have you taken your car to the track? What do you run?

Chris

The Car: Silver 2000 M6 Camaro Z28, Black leather interior, t-tops.
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/chrisdyno.htm>321.4 rwhp and 338.5 ft. lbs. torque
The Mods:
<*>Performance Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, FRA mod, a K&N air filter, and the SLP Loudmouth.
<*>Appearance Mods: Black billet grille, and black carbon fiber look CAMARO letters for rear fascia, removed Z28 emblems.
<*>Misc: A two stage DEI motion sensor for when the t-tops are off.

The Website: http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris">www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

LS1.com member #17036

http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment.php?s=ef702a0c5c81e4393219cc51256ea694&postid=448163>13.729@105.8 mph with at 2.347 60'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
***Mod List*Dyno Chart*Timeslips***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/sig.htm

***Full Website***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

babybeclipseApr-01-02 01:29 AM
3083 posts,
#811, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 14

13.7! With just an intake! Oh man I need mad nitrous to beat that!

LS1Z28ChrisApr-09-02 09:08 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
866 posts,
#812, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 15

>13.7! With just an intake! Oh man I need mad nitrous to beat
>that!

Well I've actually got a cat-back exhaust system as well. Not to toot my own horn, but that 13.7, yeah, that was with a 2.3 60' time. If I could launch right and get a good 60' around 2.1 or 1.9, I could run from 13.2 down to 12.8.

Well I asked you what you ran because I was wondering if you've got any baseline performance information. You were complaining about how slow it was, so I figure go find out just how slow/fast it really is. Then if it is running something like mid/high 18s or 19s, then you could start getting worried and get a new car. I figure maybe it isn't as bad as you think it is, and that there is still hope. *shrugs*

Either way, you probably like the way your car looks anyway. If you wanted to get down the dragstrip fast for the least amount of money, you'd get a fox body Mustang, head and cam kit, a blower, a mild shot of nitrous, a rear to put it to the ground, and some drag radials. You'd run 12s. But your main concern is probably the look, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Chris

The Car: Silver 2000 M6 Camaro Z28, Black leather interior, t-tops.
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/chrisdyno.htm>321.4 rwhp and 338.5 ft. lbs. torque
The Mods:
<*>Performance Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, FRA mod, a K&N air filter, and the SLP Loudmouth.
<*>Appearance Mods: Black billet grille, and black carbon fiber look CAMARO letters for rear fascia, removed Z28 emblems.
<*>Misc: A two stage DEI motion sensor for when the t-tops are off.

The Website: http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris">www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

LS1.com member #17036

http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment.php?s=ef702a0c5c81e4393219cc51256ea694&postid=448163>13.729@105.8 mph with at 2.347 60'.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
***Mod List*Dyno Chart*Timeslips***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris/sig.htm

***Full Website***
http://www.geocities.com/ls1z28chris

2bFasterApr-09-02 01:22 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
#813, "RE: OH MY GOD I HATE MY CAR!"
In response to Reply # 16

my 2 cents worth...( not that I have raced that many paople)... you have a sweet looking car (it has to be its a 'clipse..) you cant win all the time no matter what there will ALWAYS be somebody faster than you..... it just makes all those times you do win that much better....plus if your car was already fast what sense would it make to modify it??? you prolly wouldnt be here....

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #796 Previous topic | Next topic