Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3457
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
420AYESep-16-03 12:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3457, "Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"

A friend of mine has one. He said it had 147 hp and it is rwd... My friend rides with me all the time and he said that it takes a while for it to get up to speed, but when it gets in the high rpm band it pulls really hard. Anyone ever raced one? non turbo 13b is what he said it was. I hope this isn't allowed in the "racing" forum and doesn't get DELETED.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
UberingramSep-16-03 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3458, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 0

I've raced one in my SRT but I dont think that counts Wasnt really an issue. With crappy exhuast they sound worse then stereotypical hondas.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseRSTSep-17-03 03:28 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#3459, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 1

I raced a turbo model of the same body style...I wasn't impressed. Then again the car was like an 89 I think so it's like what 14 years old?

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

420AYESep-17-03 11:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3460, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 2

hmm... cuz yeah, i think i might be able to take him specially after the afx. :-D

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

ModeratorVX100Sep-18-03 04:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3464, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 0

>A friend of mine has one. He said it had 147 hp and it is
>rwd... My friend rides with me all the time and he said that
>it takes a while for it to get up to speed, but when it gets
>in the high rpm band it pulls really hard. Anyone ever raced
>one? non turbo 13b is what he said it was.

I think I lined up against an older RX-7 at the track once, but if I remember it was still a turbo and I still lost You don't see many older NT RX-7s racing.

>I hope this isn't
>allowed in the "racing" forum and doesn't get DELETED.

If you'd spare the attitude and actually post the right type of posts in the correct section, then your shit wouldn't get deleted, numbnutz.

Read the rules for the forum (AND THE REMINDER I PINNED AT THE TOP OF THE LIST OF TOPICS!!!! I DON'T PUT POSTS UP LIKE THAT TO DECORATE THE FORUM PAGE! IT'S THERE FOR A REASON!) and you'd see posts about races are supposed to be in the WAR STORIES section.

If you post in the wrong section, then you risk having the post deleted by the moderators. We aren't abliged to simply move posts if people keep posting in the wrong section over and over again.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

420AYESep-22-03 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3469, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-22-03 10:57 AM by 420AYE

sorry. dayam! it wasn't really a race, we were just ripping ass through the canyon. it was more of a post about the bike and how our cars handle well than anything. I thought it would have fit better in RACING because people post stuff like this a lot in here. there weren't really any "KILLS" to speak of either.

lonnie1977Sep-24-03 03:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#3479, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 5

I used to run a 15.2 with my 88 GXL with a header, catback and an intake. I could beat cars as low as 14.8 to 14.9 on the street by half a car length or so. I was never that good at the track and I'm still not with this car.

98 GS
HRC Stage II

TalonPimp0069Sep-24-03 04:12 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2003
6 posts,
#3480, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah i just happened to race one last night it was kinda a tight race until i hit 3rd gear then i was gone. it sounded like sh*t.

eclipse_99rsSep-25-03 01:19 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#3481, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 7

I raced one in virginia when i was there for three months. The kid was talking all sorts of shitsaying that his rx7 could whoop my 2gnt then came the launch, he spun i didnt 1/2 car ahead, then came second 1 1/2 cars ahead then came third and i was aprox 3-4 car ahead. So they arnt very fast but they sound mean as hell. We stoped at the next light and he wouldent talk or even look at me.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

lonnie1977Sep-25-03 05:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#3482, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 8

The RX7 does only have a displacement of 1.3 liters. It is a lot smaller than our engine. And yes they do sound like trash with a crappy exhaust.

98 GS
HRC Stage II
14.852@94.43
http://members.cardomain.com/lonnie1977

lonnie1977Sep-25-03 05:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
364 posts,
#3483, "RE: Anyone ever raced a 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL?"
In response to Reply # 9

Here is a pic of my old 7. I could do 15.2-15.3's in it all day long.

98 GS
HRC Stage II
14.852@94.43
http://members.cardomain.com/lonnie1977

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3457 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic