Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1653
View in linear mode

Subject: "why?!?!?! some one help me" Previous topic | Next topic
JXNs ECLIPSEJul-31-02 06:00 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2002
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1653, "why?!?!?! some one help me"

my best time at the track here in bristol is a 17.3 what is wrong i know i should be able to do better than that i saw someone here ran like a 16.7 at 83 mph i ran like a 17.3 at 83 mph at the time my spark plugs were some champion crap and they needed to be replace could this be slowing me down any more than .1 of a second someone please help me
jackson

98 eclipse rs
Cosmetics-=-altezzas 80%tintage mesh grill
16 inch niche shocks
55/16 michelin pilots
Performance-=- CAI
Audio-=- kenwood 200W amp 1 lighting audio 12
alpine head unit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, EclipseTical, Jul-31-02 11:39 PM, #1
RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, j92, Aug-01-02 02:37 AM, #2
      RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, fatchance, Aug-01-02 02:45 AM, #3
           RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, EclipseTical, Aug-01-02 02:53 AM, #4
                RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, JXNs ECLIPSE, Aug-01-02 06:33 AM, #5
                     RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, j92, Aug-01-02 07:06 AM, #6
                          RE: why?!?!?! some one help me, fasterGS, Aug-04-02 05:34 PM, #7

EclipseTicalJul-31-02 11:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1654, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 0

60' time? If your an auto then that explains it right there, if you are a 5 sp it most likely is inexperience on the track. The worn plugs probably aint helping, check out your wires for wear too when you go to replace the plugs. Other than that, practice, practice, practice. You'll get better.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

j92Aug-01-02 02:37 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2002
77 posts,
#1655, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't think the plugs could hurt your time that much. Like ^^^ said, it's either because you're an auto (not a bad time for autos) or because you have the lack of experience with racing a manual.

Jay | Black '98 GS

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

fatchanceAug-01-02 02:45 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
761 posts,
#1656, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 2

was your AC on?

I'm allowed to ask, cuz I have 8 timeslips with my AC on

1995 RS
new engine, I think I'm just going to leave it stock now.

EclipseTicalAug-01-02 02:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#1657, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 3

yea, don't be like phil and make several runs with your ac on. Sorry phil, had to do it. I'll stop jokin about it one of these days, seriously i will.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

JXNs ECLIPSEAug-01-02 06:33 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2002
62 posts,
#1658, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 4

im a 5 spd my car also has a cracked exhaust manifold and i think my 2nd gear sincros are going out my best 60 ft time is like 2.673 this is with my heavy 16 inch niche shok rims on there someone please help
JAckson

98 eclipse rs
Cosmetics-=-altezzas 80%tintage mesh grill
16 inch niche shocks
55/16 michelin pilots
Performance-=- CAI
Audio-=- kenwood 200W amp 1 lighting audio 12
alpine head unit

j92Aug-01-02 07:06 AM
Member since Jun 20th 2002
77 posts,
#1659, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 5

I think you might have just explained why your running 17.3. Also, it may be lack of experience that contributes to the cracked mani and heavy rims in giving you the 17.3.

Jay | Black '98 GS

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

fasterGSAug-04-02 05:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1660, "RE: why?!?!?! some one help me"
In response to Reply # 6

WOW, first how do you crack an exahaust manifold?? Second, how do you drive with that obnoxious noise? I had a 1/8 inch hole in mine and it was so loud and sounded so bad I couldn't drive it. T

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1653 Previous topic | Next topic