Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1391
View in linear mode

Subject: "Who would win in a race??" Previous topic | Next topic
cool_g_83Jun-14-02 08:16 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1391, "Who would win in a race??"

There is this 2g AWD Talon Tsi in my town that went to the drag strip the other day and ran a 15 flat. I believe his car is a standard with a catback. I have a Fwd talon Esi (96) and was thinking of turboing it. If I ran 5psi on it, would i give that AWD talon a race? Or would it be one sided. BTW my car is standard. Thanks

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSJun-14-02 10:20 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1392, "RE: Who would win in a race??"
In response to Reply # 0

Well the AWD will kill you off the line, regardless of how much psi you will run, assuming the guy can launch good. *technically* you should be able to beat him, but it will be close only because he will get you off the line, and you will have to play catch up and then pass him. An 1/8 mile race, its up in the air, a 1/4 mile race, you should take him, but not by much. This is assuming he has no mods and is stock with stock boost levels.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nikademisJun-14-02 11:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
80 posts,
#1393, "RE: Who would win in a race??"
In response to Reply # 0

you should beat him if he is bone stock or pretty much bone stock

~Aaron
95 Eclipse GS-R.I.P. / 90 GSX NOW IM PLAYING WITH POWER !!!!
"dont be afraid to break something,you can always buy new parts.You cant buy victory."

~Aaron
"dont be afraid to break something,you can always buy new parts.You cant buy victory."

cool_g_83Jun-14-02 12:04 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
#1394, "RE: Who would win in a race??"
In response to Reply # 2

What times could i be expecting with a stage 1 HRC? Near 15's?

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

nikademisJun-17-02 05:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
80 posts,
#1395, "RE: Who would win in a race??"
In response to Reply # 3

buddy of mine ran 14.7 on his standerd with a stage 1 @5psi

~Aaron

~Aaron

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1391 Previous topic | Next topic