Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12515
View in linear mode

Subject: "HEadlight problem" Previous topic | Next topic
BurntRed22Sep-20-06 05:02 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2006
183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12515, "HEadlight problem"

SO i got the new car today, i am driving it, and i park it... (the car started up fine before) i get to my buddies, i turn the car over, wont start... so i jump it, drive 20 feet down the driveway, turn on my lights, the car shuts down... we fix what we thought was a bad ground, charge the car start the car, drive 100 yards down the road
and watch the headlights slowly fade out... now we just got the alternator belt replaced, and the screw was liek idk 2 threads on, so i screwed that like 4 inch screw for about 5 minutes till it was tight... the car is also running ungodly hot... i added coolant, and fixed one of the other coolant lines... anything else?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HEadlight problem, hookduphatch, Sep-20-06 05:13 PM, #1
RE: HEadlight problem, BurntRed22, Sep-21-06 01:38 AM, #2
      RE: HEadlight problem, hookduphatch, Sep-21-06 01:34 PM, #3
           RE: HEadlight problem, destruckeclipse, Sep-21-06 02:33 PM, #4
                RE: HEadlight problem, mike_d, Sep-23-06 11:23 AM, #5
                     RE: HEadlight problem, BurntRed22, Sep-23-06 05:28 PM, #6

hookduphatchSep-20-06 05:13 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12516, "RE: HEadlight problem"
In response to Reply # 0

you car gets its electricity from the alternator when it's running, although through the battery. chances are your alternator is dead. that would explain it. if that's the case, the small charge you put on the battery won't last long, because it's not getting charged up by the alternator, and is forced to use what little juice it has in reserve.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BurntRed22Sep-21-06 01:38 AM
183 posts,
#12517, "RE: HEadlight problem"
In response to Reply # 1

cheapiest place to get an alternator?

hookduphatchSep-21-06 01:34 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2004
552 posts,
#12518, "RE: HEadlight problem"
In response to Reply # 2

junkyard or autozone.

95 Eclipse RS - Sold and In Montana Now
Project 95 GSX - In Full swing.

destruckeclipseSep-21-06 02:33 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#12519, "RE: HEadlight problem"
In response to Reply # 3

vatozone, kragens, junkyard peices may not work, so its probably better just to fork out for one with a lifetime warranty.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

mike_dSep-23-06 11:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#12523, "RE: HEadlight problem"
In response to Reply # 4

Before you buy a new alternator get your old one checked out. Most auto parts stores will test it for free if you take it off the car and bring it in..

95 Talon ESi-T

BurntRed22Sep-23-06 05:28 PM
183 posts,
#12524, "RE: HEadlight problem"
In response to Reply # 5

stupid me, it actually was the alternator belt was thrown because the tensioner was fucked up... but we fixed it anyway..so its all good

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12515 Previous topic | Next topic