Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #712
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wheel well sub enclosue...." Previous topic | Next topic
flaeclipseRSNov-15-01 11:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
66 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#712, "Wheel well sub enclosue...."

I just removed the brackets and layed my foundation of the first two layers of fiberglass....the brackets were a biotch!!!! I intend on finishing it this weekend to house my two HiFonics 10's . A quick question to eclipse804, how does the enclosure sound???

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners

more to come,soon!!

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners
-Custom Short-Shifter
-Pimp Ass reupholstered F&R seats in red and white!!
-17" Enkei Shutoku & 215/40zr17 Y

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...., flaeclipseRS, Nov-15-01 11:52 AM, #1
RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...., Teameclipse804, Nov-15-01 12:25 PM, #2
      RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...., Moderatorsd_eclipse, Nov-15-01 01:40 PM, #3
           RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...., flaeclipseRS, Nov-16-01 12:58 AM, #4
                RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...., klipzracer, Nov-18-01 01:57 PM, #5
                     RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...., toykilla, Nov-20-01 03:19 PM, #6

flaeclipseRSNov-15-01 11:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
66 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#713, "RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...."
In response to Reply # 0

Also what is the best way to attach the fiberglass form to the MDF??

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners

more to come,soon!!

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners
-Custom Short-Shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Nov-15-01 12:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#714, "RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...."
In response to Reply # 1

I think you use nails or some type of screws to attach the fiberglass to the mdf. Mine also has mdf on the sides to reinforce it. It sounds decent, but I don't think mine is completely sealed so it can sound better. But my friends that are into car audio with really nice systems, say mine sounds like a typical decent system (i have cheap amp and subs).

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom - Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Moderatorsd_eclipseNov-15-01 01:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#715, "RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...."
In response to Reply # 2

Once I was done making/reinforcing my figerglass shell i just flipped it over and traced the outline onto a MDF board. Cut the board to the tracing and put some screws through the sides of the fiber glass to hold the board in place then wrap some more fiberglass around the sides of the board to secure it to the shell some more. I don't think that is the best way but it worked for me.

flaeclipseRSNov-16-01 12:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
66 posts,
#716, "RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...."
In response to Reply # 3

cool...thanks guys.

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners

more to come,soon!!

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners
-Custom Short-Shifter

klipzracerNov-18-01 01:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#717, "RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...."
In response to Reply # 4

here's my ghetto rigged enclosure. it's a truck box drilled to the back of my 3/4 inch vinyl covered hatch floor. got a better sub though cause i blew that one.

toykillaNov-20-01 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#718, "RE: Wheel well sub enclosue...."
In response to Reply # 5

fiberglass the MDF to the fiberglass

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #712 Previous topic | Next topic