Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #687
View in linear mode

Subject: "My receiever is pumping out distortion!" Previous topic | Next topic
NiclipseNov-13-01 07:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#687, "My receiever is pumping out distortion!"

I have the Panasonic DFX700U receiver (glows blue at night) it has a manual flip face.

Anyway, for the past month or two now it has been pumping out the nastiest distortion ever and it stops when you tap the face cover on the receiver but then comes back a few seconds later.

I pulled out the receiever and checked all of the wires and made sure everythign was plugged in correctly and made sure no wires were touching and i removed the ground wire and then grounded it right back where it was (man theres nowhere else to ground it)

I screwed it back in and now it still does it. I can't exactly send it back to the factory because I dont have a fucking receipt for it anymore. Any ideas???

Could it be the connections on the flip face?

The only other slight peice of car audio information I can tell ya is that I shaved my antennae off my car and the cord for the antenae is just sitting in my trunk and it's still plugged into the receiever, but that shouldn't bother me while im playign a CD right??

-Nick

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, PowerEclipses, Nov-14-01 12:04 AM, #1
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-14-01 03:32 AM, #2
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Nov-14-01 03:54 AM, #3
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, Niclipse, Nov-14-01 06:14 AM, #4
      RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Nov-14-01 06:41 AM, #5
           RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, toykilla, Nov-14-01 05:24 PM, #6
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, osiris (Guest), Nov-20-01 03:00 PM, #7
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, flossinpnoyracer, Dec-12-01 05:58 PM, #8

PowerEclipsesNov-14-01 12:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#688, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like you messed up the amp inside the head unit depending on how long you had the head unit take it back and say itnever worked from the begining

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamNov-14-01 03:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#689, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 0

you might also try cleaning the lens for the cdplayer by using one of those cd cleaners... as for the radio.. you answered your own question...
-Jason

95 GS

Short-air ram - custom grill - removed front license plate - custom stereo system - 2 Kenwood 10's powered by Kenwood amp - Hiper Blue Headlights - F&R Upper Strut Bars - 2 fan mod - Energy Suspension Bushings

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Moderatorsd_eclipseNov-14-01 03:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#690, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like your deck is shorting out. What kinda of noise does in make? Is it like a constant low level buzz or like a loud pop noise every now and then?

NiclipseNov-14-01 06:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#691, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 3

The noise it makes is high and crackles.

-Nick

Moderatorsd_eclipseNov-14-01 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#692, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 4

doh!
you can try to clean the contacts on the faceplate and the radio to see if that helps(rubbing alcohol and a q-tip work great) but i doubt that is the problem. Since you have already checked over the wiring and all and didn't find a problem. I will still have to lean to it being a short in the radio itself. Check to see if panasonic has a service repair location in your area. Might cost ya a little to get looked at since you don't have the reciept anymore but better then buying a whole new deck IMO. Here's a link to panasonics site to find a repair center.
http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/WhereTo/FindServicer.asp?Pass=1

toykillaNov-14-01 05:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#693, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 5

How long have you had it?? Panasonic has a 2 year warrenty...take it back to where ever you got it and they "should" send it to panasonic. Panasonic will either fix or replace for free if under warrenty. If not they will fix for a fee of course.

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

osiris (Guest)Nov-20-01 03:00 PM

#694, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 0

Check your ground wire, see if its got a good contact, if not move it! i had the some prob just move the wire somewhere else and it stopped, also if you have a sub it could be the ground wire on it too..

flossinpnoyracerDec-12-01 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#695, "RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!"
In response to Reply # 7

dood it can be alot of things

check if a power wire is touching or near a speaker wire move it away

if your receiver has the option to put sound into one speaker put all sound into one at a time and test them to see if one speaker is fucked

replace da speaker

if that doesnt work

your wires are shortened out

any questions holla at me

1999 GST

1997 RS

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #687 Previous topic | Next topic