Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #72491
View in linear mode

Subject: "car cutting out when driving, wtf ???" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJun-10-04 12:20 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72491, "car cutting out when driving, wtf ???"

Recently I just got done replacing the headgasket. For about a week the car was running strong until now. Something is obviously wrong! Here is what is going on pretty much summed up. I was driving to a car show on sunday and all of a sudden, my car just cut out on the highway. I mean it just turned off. I pulled over to the side and tried starting it and it wouldnt even start, it just kept cranking over but it just wouldnt start. Got out, checked the oil and it was fine. Coolant was fine. So then I thought well, it must not be getting spark. Had my dad get me a new coil from autozone, plugged it in with the plugs on it and nuttin. Looked under the fuse box in the engine bay, and wtf ... the engine fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and started right up. wow, wtf caused this!? Now ... driving yesterday coming home from work on the highway and what do u know, this happens again. Car cut out going about 65mph. Pulled over ya know, check the oil, coolant and it was fine. Checked the fuse again, and it wasnt blown! Car would crank over but wouldnt start. Switched up a fuse and it started. Started traveling on my way again on the hgighway the same day now and 1 minute later it hapened again. This time, it just wouldnt start at all even switching the fuse. I had to have it towed to my house. What the hell is going on here???? Anyone have this happen to them before or what should I be looking for. I hear the fuel pump turn on when i turn the key forward so it must be getting fuel. The other thing is that my battery is real low always and just barely starts but it shouldnt matter cuz it will start always. Also, last year my ignition wasnt working right and when i would go to turn the key forward to start the car, it wouldnt do anything so we put in a push button wired to the starter and battery so thats how i start it if that matters. I did have the cams and everything out when i did the headgasket replacement but when we put everything back together and rotated the crankshaft 4 times, the 2 marks on the gears still lined up when the crankshaft was at TDC. what shall i do here guys!?! please help me!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

car cutting out when driving, wtf ??? [View all] , eclipse982nrRST, Jun-10-04 12:20 PM
  RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, grain, Jun-10-04 01:35 PM, #1
RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-10-04 02:04 PM, #2
RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, djtrickee, Jun-10-04 03:37 PM, #3
      RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, Pitchblack98, Jun-10-04 03:41 PM, #4
           RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-10-04 03:58 PM, #5
                RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, Uberingram, Jun-10-04 04:56 PM, #6
                     RE: car cutting out when driving, wtf ???, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-11-04 01:02 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #72491 Previous topic | Next topic