Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #559
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?" Previous topic | Next topic
TygermethdJan-02-01 12:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#562, "RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?"
In response to In response to 0

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jan-01 AT 05:46 PM (PST)

<[br />
Do you have the FMU running off the intake manifold??

I noticed the same thing too. As with any mechanical device, response time is going to suffer vs. electronically. What I did before I went the with SAFC, is I plumbed the pressure tubing for the FMU to the compressor side of the turbo. I didn't have my wastegate connected there anymore, since I had my MBC running to it that I T'd directly off the intake manifold....better boost response. Anyway, connecting the FMU tubing direclty off the turbo will give the FMU a higher reading than what is actually present at the intake manifold b/c of the pressure loss through the intercooler. For instance, I think at the time I was boosting 7psi. The FMU was probably sensing roughly 9psi, figuring a 2psi loss through the IC. Since I did that, I didnt notice any lean spots in the A/F mixture once running into boost as I had before. Another reason why this might've helped in that the FMU will immediately sense boost. Meaning that while our cars are still in turbo lag when we intially hit it, the FMU is already getting a boost pressure and is already X-amount psi ahead of your right foot. So by the time that amount of boost pressure is coming into the intake manifold, with the original setup, the FMU would just be begining to sense a boost signal. By connecting it directly to the turbo the FMU has now already sensed that amount of boost coming into the intake and has already beefed up fuel pressure....(whew)

Patrick

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS? [View all] , Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-30-00 03:46 PM
  RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?, 95ESi, Dec-31-00 12:54 AM, #1
RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?, BoostnRS, Dec-31-00 09:44 AM, #2
RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?, Tygermethd, Jan-02-01 12:42 PM #3
RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?, 95ESi, Jan-03-01 04:29 AM, #4
      RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?, Hoot, Jan-03-01 07:26 AM, #5
      RE: Has anyone figured out why our cars lean out at 4000 RPMS?, Tygermethd, Jan-03-01 04:49 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #559 Previous topic | Next topic