Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #373
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: HRC upgrading" Previous topic | Next topic
Jason 95 GS TurboDec-21-00 03:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#375, "RE: HRC upgrading"
In response to In response to 0

I would do the exact opposite of what he says above. Get your fuel system worked out for higher boost, then spend the money on upgraded internals. Why spend 1500 dollars or so on a rebuild, (unless your motor is in piss poor shape to begin with), and be able to run no more boost than before the upgraded internals. Forged pistons will still self destruct under a good strong detonation. Whereas if you get enough fuel, our internals should be able to take up to at least 12 lbs. of boost. I am guessing more. Our motors are built pretty stout. So, if you get fuel, you should be able to squeeze probably another 3-4 lbs. out of your motor, and be running alot safer.

For instance, the guy i bought my kit off of had upgraded internals, and a plethora of other mods, yet he never ran over 6 lbs. of boost for fear of detonation.

jason
95 GS turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HRC upgrading [View all] , Dave16gt, Dec-20-00 06:12 AM
  RE: HRC upgrading, fly1, Dec-21-00 08:34 AM, #1
RE: HRC upgrading, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-21-00 03:51 PM #2

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #373 Previous topic | Next topic