Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #186
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I have finally really DRIVEN my car!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamWyattDec-07-00 06:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#186, "I have finally really DRIVEN my car!"

Well, if you didn't know, I've had some studdering problems with my car since the turbo. I have always thought that it was not because of the turbo kit, but rather something wrong with my car before the turbo was ever on. Well, today I found out I was right!
Welll, today I swapped out my Mutiny Bored TB with a stick TB. I even used my IAC motor and TPA sensor from MY Bored TB and put them on the stock TB. The cars runs great now! No studdered whatsoever! I have no idea whya bored TB would do this!!!
The reason I never figured out it had something to do with my TB was because I had just gotten the TB right before I purchased my turbo kit. I still am stumped to know why its suddenly working fine now???
I think my EGR valve has crapped out though. I had about 2mm worth of soot un the backside of the TB butterfly. I think my TPS sensor might aslo be screwed up, not sure. I'm going to test them as soon as I can get my hands on an ohmmeter.

Oh, I figured out how I blew my motor up fellas
TO MUCH BOOST!
Be very very careful when adjusting the screw on the deltagate wastegate, don't turn it in too far. I did that this last summer and it smoked my motor, basically by boosting to infinity. I guess there is some point where you can't adjust any more and the spring doesn't open at all and just keeps spooling up!
i found that out tonight whike trying to boost a little higher by screwing in the adjsutment screw. luckily, I kept my eye onmy boost gauge and saw it spike to about 1.5bars (21psi) I immediatly let off and unscred the adjustment screw on the wastegate.
Be careful, keep an eye on it.
This past summer I tightened the screw all the way down right before a street race, just thinking it would max out around 7-7.5psi, well, I'm guessing it didn't, and kept spooling until it blew 2 of my pistons.
I always wondered how I was beating a low 13 sec MR2 I bet I was boosting 20psi + that night !
hehe..
Anyways, be careful, keep your eyes on the gauges!

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I have finally really DRIVEN my car! [View all] , TeamWyatt, Dec-07-00 06:52 PM
  RE: I have finally really DRIVEN my car!, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-08-00 02:39 AM, #1
RE: I have finally really DRIVEN my car!, TeamWyatt, Dec-08-00 04:04 AM, #2
yes jay, Locke, Dec-08-00 05:10 AM, #3
RE: yes jay, TeamStan2gnt, Dec-08-00 05:36 AM, #4
RE: yes jay, Locke, Dec-08-00 06:06 AM, #5
lol...that I love to hear though :-), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-08-00 06:58 AM, #6
RE: yes jay, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-08-00 06:33 AM, #7
RE: yes jay, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-08-00 07:02 AM, #8
RE: yes jay, TeamStan2gnt, Dec-08-00 04:50 PM, #9
Here is what i meant!!!, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-10-00 11:54 AM, #10
Turbo size, TeamMuRiX, Dec-11-00 02:10 AM, #11
RE: yes jay, BoostnRS, Dec-09-00 11:43 AM, #12
bored tbs, 95ESi, Dec-08-00 05:58 AM, #13