Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #139
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals on HRC stage 1 and FMIC" Previous topic | Next topic
Jason 95 GS TurboDec-04-00 09:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140, "RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals on HRC stage 1 and FMIC"
In response to In response to 0

Without an intercooler, i would be leery of running more than 5 lbs. of boost on any motor, but i believe the HRC kit is designed for 7 lbs. on stock trim?? Am i right? i got the star kit, so i am not sure. But anyway, like i said in the post before...it is not your internals that you need to worry about, it is how much fuel you are getting. You could have The strongest bottom end available, such as what Wyatt and others have, but you still can not really run any more boost than before you built it. Even forged pistons can't stand up to the extreme amounts of pressure that detonation causes. The best way to know if you are detonating is to get an A/F meter, and an EGT gauge. If it looks like it is running lean at whatever boost you have, then back it off. Thats my best advice, and i am sure that others will agree..

jason
95 GS turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Recommended safe boost on stock internals on HRC stage 1 and FMIC [View all] , silvergs T, Dec-04-00 04:24 AM
  RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals on HRC stage 1 and FMIC, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-04-00 09:40 AM #1
RE: Recommended safe boost, BoostnRS, Dec-08-00 08:50 AM, #2
RE: Recommended safe boost on stock internals on HRC stage 1 and FMIC, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-08-00 09:38 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #139 Previous topic | Next topic