Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109780
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Ebay turbo manifold" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinJan-23-16 05:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109781, "RE: Ebay turbo manifold"
In response to In response to 0

There is some general turbo kit information in the Wiki under Turbo. Some of the info is old, so new brands have popped up and disappeared. As far as a log manifold goes, Treadstone has been a decent budget conscious choice for years:
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Turbo+Manifolds

My recollection is that their basic manifold is nearly identical to what came with the old Star kit. The race manifold was a joint venture with SymTec (their name pops up on this board).

They also have nearly complete turbo kits with name brand parts: http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=235&prodname=420a+Turbo+kit+95-99+Eclipse+Talon

You'll have to keep in mind that the Treadstone "kit" requires fabrication. It is not bolt-on, but does give you a good head start. HRC used to have a kit which actually bolted on (I had one about 15 years ago). They seem to have abandoned our car by now. In fact, I don't see that anyone makes a true bolt-on kit for the 420A anymore. You may have to piece this together and cut/weld.

The link you provided from E-bay looks like a collection of parts that will require fabrication. Be prepared to cut piping and make brackets. You'll need to weld if you don't want couplers every few inches. I suggest you find a parts list and pictures of a complete kit like HRC and copy that. Also, purchase major components from major manufacturers. That includes turbo, blow off valve, wastegate, and fuel pressure regulator. If you cheap out, you can chase your tail forever troubleshooting parts which leak or don't quite function correctly. A used kit with name brand parts would be my preference to new no-name parts.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ebay turbo manifold [View all] , ben_davis, Jan-22-16 08:38 PM
  RE: Ebay turbo manifold, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-23-16 05:45 PM #1
RE: Ebay turbo manifold, ben_davis, Jan-23-16 07:06 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109780 Previous topic | Next topic