Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1016
View in linear mode

Subject: "more turbo news" Previous topic | Next topic
jPhright rs tJan-17-01 06:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1016, "more turbo news"

ok, so today we replaced the MAP and TPS...and installed the turbo timer...
i got the car back- seemed to run fine...
unfortunately, when i got home the turbo timer wouldn't work
i would turn off my car, and it would try to start the car up again...very odd...after that- it wouldn't even try, it would just count down...and i don't know what to do because the instructions are in japanese...
well, i decided to take the car out on the highway for a good test drive...
i ran into the same problem- the car bogged down...rpms dropped, i downshifted to raise them...it happened again...then nomatter how much i tried to compensate with throttle- it wouldn't aknowledge it...and then it died...
tried to start her up again- it took, and then died as soon as i tried to give it throttle...it idled ok for a little while though...
so tomorrow- i'm going to mitsubishi to figure out EXACTLY what is going on...
the first time it did this- i noticed that it was really hot (normal for turbo) but it almost smelled like something plastic was burning a little- i'm not sure though- and we didn't see anything...
we'll figure out what's up tomorrow...any ideas?
oh yeah- because i'm having to spend so much money on towing and parts and all of this crappola- i'm being forced to sell my centerforce df modular clutch that i bought by accident and my fidanza lightened flywheel...i got the clutch for 375 and the flywheel for 350...
i'll post tomorrow...

jP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1016 Previous topic | Next topic