Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100610
View in linear mode

Subject: "rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long)" Previous topic | Next topic
darkclarkJun-27-07 06:40 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2006
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100610, "rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long)"
Jun-27-07 06:40 AM by darkclark

i have just put in a built motor here is its specs

callies stroker crank
eagle rods
je 8.5:1 pistons
cometic mls head gasket
arp headstuds
using a treadstone turbo kit with a hahn portfueler

(all of this was donewith the 5psi spring in the waste gate)
Now here are my issues it started first crank and i had a small fuel leak where i pluged the hole where the stock fpr used to be, so i shut it down fixed that. Then carfully watched for other leaks there were none at the time, so i take a cruise around the block then check again. still no leaks so a take for a little bit longer drive about 8 miles in which never took it over 2500rpms then i got back and relized at some point my oil pan gasket started leaking. i had lost about 2 quarts of oil at this point i kind of freak out.turns out there was a loose bolt in the oil pan i tightened it up and it stopped leaking replaced the lost oil, but the i restarted the car and heard a little rattle that went away after 30 seconds of idleing then when it went away i reved the motor a little to probably about 3000 rpms and the rattle came back and went to a clunking quickly i shut the car off and now i am here.
the oil pump was a replacement stock one i believe

the questions
is it my oil pump?
is it posible to replace it with the motor in the car?
should i ask the motor shop to replace it on account of the leaky gasket or shoud i just suck it up cause its my fault?

i only blew my 420a 0nce

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long) [View all] , darkclark, Jun-27-07 06:40 AM
  RE: rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long), eclipserst3, Jun-27-07 02:42 PM, #1
RE: rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long), darkclark, Jun-28-07 08:25 AM, #2
      RE: rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long), eclipserst3, Jun-28-07 05:19 PM, #3
      RE: rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long), darkclark, Jul-02-07 08:30 AM, #5
      RE: rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-29-07 09:17 AM, #4
      RE: rattle noise in my new motor, my oil pump?(long), 2GeclipseRS, Jul-02-07 01:30 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #100610 Previous topic | Next topic