Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90081
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeSep-28-05 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90105, "RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo"
In response to In response to 9

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
quick search showed way more posts about dead accels and couldn't find any about Walbros , I even remember some people saying that they have not heard of one dying, can't remember why it was though. Can't hardly hear either of them? You must be deaf. The stock intank pump is eventually going to be a restriction, can die at any moment (which adding an inline pump will not prevent), you will be replacing it down the road with a Walbro anyway since the Accel can only help so much, if you are fucking around with a fuel pump install might as well put the good one in and call it a day... inline pumps work, sure, but the intank Walbro is just better

Quick search for me showed an equal number of posts about any pump dying. there are even several posts about walbros dying... ANY pump can die at anytime. Telling him to replace a part that comes stock with the stage 1 kit because there is a 0.01% chance it OR the stock pump can "die at any time" (prove it) is asinine and just plain wasteful. Any of the 3 pumps could give out at any time. That is pure randomization... any of the 3 failing will cause you problems.

Are you even turbo'ed? Have you ever even driven in a car with a Walbro AND a accel inline? It is much MUCH quieter than stock+ accel. Dont make assumptions without knowledge, it makes you look uneducated.
According to your logic, he might as well replace the S16g with a S20g or 25g since they are better and if your going to fuck around with a turbo install might as well put the good one in anyway right?
heh. might as well replace the manifold with a SS equal length mani. Right?
But giving him good advice like not wasting money on a blinky gauge or other "meaningless" tuning tools is not as pertinent. Riiiiiiight.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo [View all] , EclipseTenzoR, Sep-27-05 09:22 PM
  RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, WickedESi, Sep-27-05 09:35 PM, #1
RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-27-05 10:02 PM, #2
      RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, WIDECLIPSE, Sep-28-05 03:23 AM, #3
           RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-28-05 05:18 AM, #4
                RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-28-05 09:22 AM, #5
                     RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-28-05 10:06 AM, #6
                          RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-28-05 10:30 AM, #7
                               RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-28-05 11:55 AM, #8
                                    RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-28-05 02:07 PM, #9
                                         RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, sike, Sep-28-05 02:47 PM, #10
                                         RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, sike, Sep-28-05 02:51 PM, #11
                                         RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-28-05 03:41 PM #12
                                              RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-28-05 07:00 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, eclpsmoneypit95, Sep-28-05 07:12 PM, #14
                                                   RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-28-05 10:08 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, WIDECLIPSE, Sep-29-05 04:22 AM, #16
                                                   RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-29-05 07:03 AM, #20
                                                   RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-29-05 05:17 AM, #17
                                                        RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, youkickedmydog, Sep-29-05 06:07 AM, #18
                                                             RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-29-05 06:25 AM, #19
                                                             RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-29-05 07:14 AM, #21
                                                                  RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-29-05 09:19 AM, #24
                                                                       RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-29-05 10:19 AM, #25
                                                                            RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-29-05 10:40 AM, #26
                                                             RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-29-05 07:21 AM, #22
                                                                  RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, DarkEclips96, Sep-29-05 09:04 AM, #23
                                                                       RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, Blizare, Sep-29-05 12:40 PM, #27
                                                                            RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-29-05 01:46 PM, #28
                                                                                 RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-29-05 01:58 PM, #29
                                                                                      RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, youkickedmydog, Sep-29-05 02:24 PM, #30
                                                                                      RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, CustomGS, Sep-30-05 07:19 AM, #36
                                                                                      RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-29-05 06:34 PM, #31
                                                                                           RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, EclipseTenzoR, Sep-29-05 09:40 PM, #32
                                                                                           RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-30-05 05:39 AM, #33
                                                                                                RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-30-05 06:31 AM, #34
                                                                                                     RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-30-05 06:51 AM, #35
                                                                                                          RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, BumpinTalon, Sep-30-05 07:49 AM, #37
                                                                                                               RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, djtrickee, Sep-30-05 08:05 AM, #38
                                                                                                                    RE: Stuff To Buy Since I am Going Turbo, TeamAvenger, Sep-30-05 08:46 AM, #39

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90081 Previous topic | Next topic