Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88910
View in linear mode

Subject: "Woohoo Turbocharged 280Z!" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaAug-21-05 10:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88910, "Woohoo Turbocharged 280Z!"

Yep I finally have turbo FR action now! I know this isn't really 2GNT related but its turbo related! This is what I've been up to besides getting my RS to pass smog O_o. I blew the headgasket on my stock L28 so I decided to just buy a L28ET with the ECU and harness. I was originally going to just turbocharge the stock engine and add a FMU but it'll never pass a smog check in cali since its a 76 >. Anyway it was my summer project and my first full engine swap. If it wasn't for zcar.com and hybridz.org forums I don't think I couldn't have finished it properly (I'm a dunce when it comes to wiring) oh and of course the S30 and S130 Haynes manuals too. Even though its a basic swap that didn't require any or much fabrication it was a good learning experience.

It runs now, its just still got some small bugs to work out like the speedo doesn't work right now O_o' but its running pretty well. I haven't gotten to drive it much though because after I had the exhuast installed one of the rear wheel cylinders blew and I lost brake pressure. So its sitting in my driveway awaiting a rear disc conversion. Here's some small specs on the engine.

Its a L28ET from a 82' 280ZX turbo.
7.5:1 compression!
Boosts 7 psi stock (for now >)
T3 Turbo
2.5" turboback exhuast (maybe I shoulda went 3")
Non intercooled for now
RX7 front mount oil cooled

I plan on increasing the boost to around 10 psi and install an intercooler, EGT gauge, turbo timer, 1G blowoff valve, T3/T4 turbo. Wahaha so not only do I have 3 different driving platform cars at my house they all are force fed ^_^ Turbo Eclipse, Supercharged MR2, and Turbo 280Z. Another funny thing is that it doesn't really look any different than it did b4 (cept the big ass oil cooler), that is until you hear the turbo spoolin mwahaha reminds me of how a diesal turbo spools.

The full album and project are on my imagestation account (its LONG) at:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122963601

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Woohoo Turbocharged 280Z! [View all] , HadesOmega, Aug-21-05 10:16 AM
  RE: Woohoo Turbocharged 280Z!, TeamDR1665, Aug-21-05 01:20 PM, #1
RE: Woohoo Turbocharged 280Z!, HadesOmega, Aug-21-05 04:01 PM, #2
      RE: Woohoo Turbocharged 280Z!, DanKid, Aug-22-05 07:53 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88910 Previous topic | Next topic