Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit" Previous topic | Next topic
GSGoinFastMar-02-05 08:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83299, "RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit"
In response to In response to 42

Originally posted by ForceFed420a
Just a couple things Chris. Then I'll shut up I'd suggest looking at an A/F gauge and an EGT gauge. I know they're kinda expensive, but you'll need your A/F to tune, and your EGT to make sure you don't melt pistons. They're relatively cheap insurance. Glad to hear you didn't use brake lines for oil Lastly, I noticed that earlier you said you'd use exhaust couplers/T's for the manifold. Unless I'm picturing these wrong (and I certainly could be), I don't think they'll handle the heat without warping, and I know they couldn't support the weight of a turbo. Alain made mine, and he did a great job, using thick elbows and T's. You might want to think about that (just food for thought) and supporting your turbo if you use the pipes I'm thinking about. Oh, and don't bother painting it, it won't last I know no one wants to see you do it wrong and screw something up in the process. Good luck bro. Brian

Hey what size is your t3? nearly all of them i seem to find are .42/.48 and i did a search on here to look at opinions of it and most people said it will be fine. its "suppose" to support up to 300hp, and im only looking for 220 or so whp for now. i think it will do just fine for now.

I actually already have an a/f and egt gauge hooked up. ill just drill a new hole in my new manifold for the probe.

as for the manifold, not being able to support the turbo is one problem ive been thinking of. im thinking i will rig up some support brackets for the manifold. im also worrying about warping, but we will only be able to see if that happens when i put it on. if this manifold fails me i will just buy a real one. im not too sure if alain is still making his or not. but i will look for them, i think you can buy them directly from turbonetics. oh well we will see what happens.

thanks for the input, and keep it coming

-Chris

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit [View all] , GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 07:29 AM
  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 07:33 AM, #1
RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 08:13 AM, #2
      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 08:25 AM, #3
           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 11:06 AM, #4
                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-21-05 12:44 PM, #5
                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 01:08 PM, #6
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Moderatormicyek, Feb-21-05 01:15 PM, #7
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-21-05 01:40 PM, #8
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 03:29 PM, #9
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Boossted420a2g, Feb-21-05 05:18 PM, #10
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 05:31 PM, #11
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Ducking_Fumbass, Feb-21-05 05:40 PM, #12
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Kaoz78, Feb-21-05 07:21 PM, #13
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Feb-21-05 10:09 PM, #14
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:05 AM, #15
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, corsagsbo, Feb-22-05 05:29 AM, #16
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 07:14 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-22-05 02:40 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:23 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 06:59 AM, #49
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 08:18 AM, #18
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-22-05 02:14 PM, #19
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 06:07 PM, #22
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 05:21 AM, #23
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Feb-23-05 08:47 AM, #24
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-23-05 09:47 AM, #25
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Uberingram, Feb-23-05 09:50 AM, #26
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 10:12 AM, #27
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 11:13 AM, #28
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ShadowWulf, Feb-23-05 11:57 AM, #29
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 01:07 PM, #30
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 07:06 AM, #31
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Dirty, Feb-25-05 08:57 AM, #32
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 09:35 AM, #33
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ProjectTalon420A, Feb-25-05 07:46 PM, #34
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-26-05 05:31 AM, #35
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Mar-01-05 06:20 AM, #36
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-01-05 06:52 AM, #37
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 04:58 AM, #38
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Keith2172, Mar-02-05 05:39 AM, #39
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 07:21 AM, #40
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-02-05 07:31 AM, #41
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 07:39 AM, #42
                                                                                           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 08:17 AM #43
                                                                                                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 09:04 AM, #44
                                                                                                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 09:33 AM, #45
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, EglTalon_ESi, Mar-02-05 07:19 PM, #46
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-03-05 03:27 AM, #47
                                                                                                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-03-05 09:34 AM, #48
                                                                                                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Blizare, Mar-04-05 07:57 AM, #50
                                                                                                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 09:38 AM, #51
                                                                                                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Mar-06-05 10:14 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-06-05 02:28 PM, #53
                                                                                                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, enhance, Mar-07-05 05:36 PM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-07-05 06:02 PM, #55

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997 Previous topic | Next topic