Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit" Previous topic | Next topic
GSGoinFastFeb-25-05 09:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83126, "RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit"
In response to In response to 32

Originally posted by Dirty
Originally posted by GSGoinFast i was gonna go with stock injectors for now, but my friends bro has some extra 550's, you think these would be too big or could i get away with it if i have a lower ratio fmu? what ratio fmu should i go with with stock injectors? 10:1? thanks -Chris **EDIT** BLAH! i cant figure out if i should just go with a regular vortec fmu or the Sfmu. im trying to save money so do you think it is worth the extra $70 for the sfmu? ive been searching but i cant decide. thanks
WTF dude? I think what your doing is a bad idea. You should start reading the fuck out of this forum and learn a alot more before you fuck your shit up. It's gonna cost you more in the long run when you blow your shit up. In the best case, if you succeed with what your trying to do, I think your gonna have a whole lot of problems constantly. There is a reason people pay the prices for the parts they get, and it's not because they don't like money. I'm not trying to hate on you man, I'm just trying to get you to consider what your really doing, since nobody else has warned you yet.

I know what im doing. i figured 550's would be too big but was just checking. the only thing im a little confused about is what fuel set up i should get. ive been searching this site non stop for the past month on everything and anything i can think of. i cant seem to find why exactly to get the sfmu over the regular fmu, people just say to do it, i cant find any reasoning. im also not too sure about what ratio to get with stock injectors since everyone that asks about ratios seems to have #30's. im pretty sure im not going to "blow my shit up". ive done tons of searching on this site, i read corky bell's Maximum Boost(although i just found it to start re-reading it cuz i forgot a lot of stuff) i know everything i am going to do except for the fuel set up. ive been working on my manifold, although im not too far on it yet. after starting to make the flange i realized it would be much much easier to just cut the flange off my old manifold, then i wont have any fitment issues. i got the "elbows" for the 1 and 4 cylinder ports welded and i think they look pretty damn good. still a couple finishing touches i got to do to them. i got the smic, and im watching some turbos on ebay still deciding which one to go with.

The other thing i was questioning is if i have to use ss braided line or if i could use brake line since when i was searching i came accross some saying they did that. im fairly confident in what im doing, i just come on here for some suggestions or confirmation

-Chris

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit [View all] , GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 07:29 AM
  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 07:33 AM, #1
RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 08:13 AM, #2
      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 08:25 AM, #3
           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 11:06 AM, #4
                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-21-05 12:44 PM, #5
                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 01:08 PM, #6
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Moderatormicyek, Feb-21-05 01:15 PM, #7
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-21-05 01:40 PM, #8
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 03:29 PM, #9
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Boossted420a2g, Feb-21-05 05:18 PM, #10
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 05:31 PM, #11
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Ducking_Fumbass, Feb-21-05 05:40 PM, #12
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Kaoz78, Feb-21-05 07:21 PM, #13
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Feb-21-05 10:09 PM, #14
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:05 AM, #15
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, corsagsbo, Feb-22-05 05:29 AM, #16
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 07:14 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-22-05 02:40 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:23 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 06:59 AM, #49
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 08:18 AM, #18
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-22-05 02:14 PM, #19
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 06:07 PM, #22
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 05:21 AM, #23
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Feb-23-05 08:47 AM, #24
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-23-05 09:47 AM, #25
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Uberingram, Feb-23-05 09:50 AM, #26
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 10:12 AM, #27
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 11:13 AM, #28
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ShadowWulf, Feb-23-05 11:57 AM, #29
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 01:07 PM, #30
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 07:06 AM, #31
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Dirty, Feb-25-05 08:57 AM, #32
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 09:35 AM #33
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ProjectTalon420A, Feb-25-05 07:46 PM, #34
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-26-05 05:31 AM, #35
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Mar-01-05 06:20 AM, #36
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-01-05 06:52 AM, #37
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 04:58 AM, #38
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Keith2172, Mar-02-05 05:39 AM, #39
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 07:21 AM, #40
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-02-05 07:31 AM, #41
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 07:39 AM, #42
                                                                                           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 08:17 AM, #43
                                                                                                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 09:04 AM, #44
                                                                                                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 09:33 AM, #45
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, EglTalon_ESi, Mar-02-05 07:19 PM, #46
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-03-05 03:27 AM, #47
                                                                                                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-03-05 09:34 AM, #48
                                                                                                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Blizare, Mar-04-05 07:57 AM, #50
                                                                                                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 09:38 AM, #51
                                                                                                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Mar-06-05 10:14 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-06-05 02:28 PM, #53
                                                                                                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, enhance, Mar-07-05 05:36 PM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-07-05 06:02 PM, #55

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997 Previous topic | Next topic