Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit" Previous topic | Next topic
GSGoinFastFeb-22-05 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
822 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83035, "RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit"
In response to In response to 16
Feb-22-05 07:17 AM by GSGoinFast

Originally posted by corsagsbo
As food for thought... you made mention that money was an issue and that you figure roughly $500-600 in it. There will always be something unforseen and before long you will have doubled that number. If you have all intent in proceeding, make sure you keep a little side fund available. Good luck with the project, it should be a fun experience. -------------------------------------- know me as santiago boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

yaa im starting to see some expenses but i still dont think it will be too much. right now ive got $250 to spend, plus $200 for a christmas gift i never got from my parents lol. and ive been working a lot lately so i should be pulling in $100 a paycheck to go towards this project. the rest has to go towards college spending money

heres my cost list so far:

14b turbo: $100
Exhaust manifold: free(just a little elbow greese and time)
intercooler piping:$30
Down pipe w/ flex section: $60
vortec FMU: $179
walbro 255lph: $100
Vaccume lines: $30??
Oil lines and fittings:???(i have no clue on how much or where to get them?)
Water lines:???(same as above, if i even put them on)
Missing link: $50
Boost guage: $50
random nuts and bolts: $15

so thats $614 plus oil lines... not bad. and the piping might not even be that much.

oh yeah, i figured out how to adjust the internal wastegate so nevermind on that.

but my progress so far, ive cut out the sections of 2" piping for each cylinder to go into, but im finding that i might need to buy a little smaller piping to fit up to the flange. basically im using 2" piping for the "plenum" you could call it, but i gotta go get 1.5" to actually go to the flange.

l l_ _l l_ _l l_ _l l
\__ ___ ___ __/

it looks like that, im making each one seperate, then i will weld them together.

thats where i am so far, thanks for the help

-Chris

-Chris
1999 Eclipse T-GS

2.4 Project is Officially underway

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit [View all] , GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 07:29 AM
  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 07:33 AM, #1
RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 08:13 AM, #2
      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 08:25 AM, #3
           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 11:06 AM, #4
                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-21-05 12:44 PM, #5
                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-21-05 01:08 PM, #6
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Moderatormicyek, Feb-21-05 01:15 PM, #7
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-21-05 01:40 PM, #8
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 03:29 PM, #9
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Boossted420a2g, Feb-21-05 05:18 PM, #10
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-21-05 05:31 PM, #11
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Ducking_Fumbass, Feb-21-05 05:40 PM, #12
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Kaoz78, Feb-21-05 07:21 PM, #13
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Feb-21-05 10:09 PM, #14
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:05 AM, #15
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, corsagsbo, Feb-22-05 05:29 AM, #16
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 07:14 AM #17
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Feb-22-05 02:40 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-22-05 04:23 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 06:59 AM, #49
                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 08:18 AM, #18
                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-22-05 02:14 PM, #19
                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, BumpinTalon, Feb-22-05 06:07 PM, #22
                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 05:21 AM, #23
                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Feb-23-05 08:47 AM, #24
                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-23-05 09:47 AM, #25
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Uberingram, Feb-23-05 09:50 AM, #26
                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 10:12 AM, #27
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, 97grnRS, Feb-23-05 11:13 AM, #28
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ShadowWulf, Feb-23-05 11:57 AM, #29
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-23-05 01:07 PM, #30
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 07:06 AM, #31
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Dirty, Feb-25-05 08:57 AM, #32
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-25-05 09:35 AM, #33
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ProjectTalon420A, Feb-25-05 07:46 PM, #34
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Feb-26-05 05:31 AM, #35
                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ajcfalcon, Mar-01-05 06:20 AM, #36
                                                                  RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-01-05 06:52 AM, #37
                                                                       RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 04:58 AM, #38
                                                                            RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Keith2172, Mar-02-05 05:39 AM, #39
                                                                                 RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 07:21 AM, #40
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, RxR_Eclipse, Mar-02-05 07:31 AM, #41
                                                                                      RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 07:39 AM, #42
                                                                                           RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 08:17 AM, #43
                                                                                                RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-02-05 09:04 AM, #44
                                                                                                     RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-02-05 09:33 AM, #45
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, EglTalon_ESi, Mar-02-05 07:19 PM, #46
                                                                                                          RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, ForceFed420a, Mar-03-05 03:27 AM, #47
                                                                                                               RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-03-05 09:34 AM, #48
                                                                                                                    RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, Blizare, Mar-04-05 07:57 AM, #50
                                                                                                                         RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-04-05 09:38 AM, #51
                                                                                                                              RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, alain95i4, Mar-06-05 10:14 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                   RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-06-05 02:28 PM, #53
                                                                                                                                        RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, enhance, Mar-07-05 05:36 PM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: I realized something... and got an idea - custom turbo kit, GSGoinFast, Mar-07-05 06:02 PM, #55

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #82997 Previous topic | Next topic