Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #50708
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: ha! got the damn thing working." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSFeb-04-04 12:39 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64648, "RE: ha! got the damn thing working."
In response to In response to 37
Feb-04-04 12:46 PM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by DarkOne
You do realize that in closed loop, no matter what, the ecu is trying to seek on a 14.7:1 AF ratio? You know that 14.7:1 under boost melts things? That's why this is a good idea. it would allow you to no longer have to fight with, or even account for, what the stock ECU is doing with the fuel while in partial throttle boost. You'd have the ability to more accurately dial-in your boosted AF ratio because nothing will be monkeying with it.

Right, exactly, which is why I said not to go too high in boost in closed loop. How about this for an example. at 1 hg of vac, your are in closed loop. You give it some throttle, and you build a few pounds of boost. If we all of a sudden go into open loop, we are going to give too much fuel. We are limited to working with the fuel pressure, which just isn't that fine tunable. I'd rather let the ECU figure out the A/F ratio for that few pounds of boost,to make the transistion from vac to low boost more smoothe, and even more powerful. I just think low boost would be very dissapointing if the ECU goes into open loop right away. A few pounds of boost running at a 14.7 A/F ratio, will in no way melt your motor..this is why I suggested forcing open loop a little later,like at 5 psi or so. I have never had a problem under 10 psi, in open loop, with high egts, or detonation. Low boost is very peppy, and very drivable. I just think you will sacrafice this if you go open loop right away. I don't know about everyone else, but i do most of my daily driving at only 5 psi or less..i'm not on the gas like i'm at the track at every stop light This is just my theroy, but if you have a way to fine tune your boosted fuel maps, then that would be the best way regardless, and this would not be an issue. Actually, if you had the 8 injector setup, or other fuel map controlling computer, you would prob WANT something like this, as that way you would have complete control of your boosted fuel map. I just think its better for drivability if you run just a rising rate FPR, by letting the ECU figure things out for a few pounds of boost..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

electronic solution for part throttle closed loop mode [View all] , Teamner947, Jun-18-03 10:27 AM
  RE: electronic solution for part throttle closed loop mode, Collente, Jun-18-03 10:35 AM, #1
RE: electronic solution for part throttle closed loop mode, Teamner947, Jun-18-03 10:39 AM, #2
      RE: electronic solution for part throttle closed loop mode, jdeyo, Jun-18-03 06:50 PM, #3
           RE: electronic solution for part throttle closed loop mode, Collente, Jun-19-03 06:00 AM, #4
                RE: updates and whatnot, some somewhat large images..., Teamner947, Jun-19-03 06:40 AM, #5
                     RE: updates and whatnot, some somewhat large images..., ModeratorCorbin, Jun-19-03 07:18 AM, #6
                          RE: updates and whatnot, some somewhat large images..., Teamner947, Jun-19-03 11:23 AM, #7
                               RE: updates and whatnot, some somewhat large images..., Collente, Jun-19-03 12:10 PM, #8
                                    RE: updates and whatnot, some somewhat large images..., Teametx, Jun-19-03 03:33 PM, #9
                                         RE: updates and whatnot, some somewhat large images..., Teamner947, Jun-20-03 06:36 AM, #10
                                              ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Jun-20-03 10:08 AM, #11
                                                   RE: ha! got the damn thing working., a_miller_76, Jun-20-03 10:15 AM, #12
                                                        RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Jun-20-03 11:38 AM, #13
                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., HiOnPSI, Jun-20-03 01:39 PM, #14
                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., TeamMetalJim, Jun-20-03 07:54 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: ha! got the damn thing working., babybeclipse, Jun-22-03 06:06 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Jun-24-03 04:35 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teametx, Jun-24-03 06:07 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Moderatormicyek, Jun-24-03 09:03 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Jun-24-03 09:50 AM, #20
                                                                                           RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teametx, Jun-24-03 12:02 PM, #21
                                                                                                RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Uberingram, Jun-24-03 01:10 PM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: ha! got the damn thing working., TeamXtremeRS, Jun-24-03 01:19 PM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: ha! got the damn thing working., pn0ymahal, Jun-24-03 01:34 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Jun-24-03 01:37 PM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: ha! got the damn thing working., DarKReaLity, Jun-24-03 02:55 PM, #26
                                                                                                                    RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Diceman19, Jun-24-03 03:56 PM, #27
                                                                                                                         RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Feb-03-04 04:58 PM, #28
                                                                                                                              RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamdougie2, Feb-03-04 07:47 PM, #29
                                                                                                                              RE: ha! got the damn thing working., DSMRoadster, Feb-03-04 08:33 PM, #30
                                                                                                                              RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-04-04 04:59 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                   RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teametx, Feb-04-04 05:06 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                        RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Feb-04-04 06:05 AM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., mkerley, Feb-04-04 07:04 AM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., DSMRoadster, Feb-04-04 09:05 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., TeamXtremeRS, Feb-04-04 10:54 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-04-04 11:58 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., TeamXtremeRS, Feb-04-04 12:39 PM #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., mkerley, Feb-04-04 04:20 PM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-04-04 04:58 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: ha! got the damn thing working., Teamner947, Feb-05-04 11:59 AM, #41

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #50708 Previous topic | Next topic