Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #58340
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..." Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Oct-14-03 08:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58632, "RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..."
In response to In response to 21
Oct-14-03 08:13 PM by dougie2

>just because the turbo is huge, doesn't mean that it is blowing
>more than a smaller turbo

>a 16g was spinning at the same rpm. the 20g obviously puts more air
>through because it is bigger.

^^^ This is why I think you are confused. Two statements, right next to each other, completely contradictory.

>you guys are saying that a turbo will flow more air at
>the same psi, that is not true.

Yes, it IS true.

>the 20g is beneficial because it is more efficient like metaljim says and because of the fact that it is spinning and working much easier than the 16g.

Just because a turbo may be bigger and spinning slower doesn't necessarily mean the engine/turbo setup will be more efficient.

>the 16g might be topping out when the 20g is in its prime.
>meaning it can boost even more.

You're right about the 16G possibly maxing out while the 20G is still "in it's prime."

>the illusion that there is a
>set cfm at a set psi is incorrect.

I don't think anyone thinks that. What I'm saying is that the 20G will flow more CFM when the manifold pressure is 15 psi than the 16G. More airflow is the basis for making more power. Ofcourse, the aircharge will also be cooler and more dense too.

>because think about it, like he said up there, it doesn't matter
>what you have pushing the air into the pipes, its the actual
>preasure in the pipes that matters, not how much cfm is flowed.

^^^ Seriously, this is why I say you are confused... I'm not trying to down you or anything, you're just misinformed.

>I really am not trying to piss you off, but i dont think you have
>added anything.

I really didn't intend to add anything NEW in that post, I was just trying to sum things up for a few folks that said they are still don't understand. And because what you posted was false. Read your quote about "its the actual preasure in the pipes that matters, not how much cfm is flowed". I think you mostly have it figured out now though... you're just acting like you had it all figured out from the get-go.

>i might have a really weird way of explaining things

I believe so!

>but if you read
>it carefully enough you will realize what i and metal jim have to
>say is true. 10psi is 10psi.

Yep. Go back and read my first post, then read MetalJim's reply agreeing with it. Where do you come in? You say "its the actual preasure in the pipes that matters, not how much cfm is flowed." That's not true, and wasn't Jim's point.

>so please, try reading the WHOLE
>thread before you just starting making statements such as

I did read the entire thread, thank you.

>"420AYE,
>you are confused" then backing that up with a sissy statement.

I'm backing it up with the first two quotes of this message.

>THANKYOU SIR! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

No. Let's drink some beer.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside... [View all] , tim97rs, Oct-11-03 09:55 AM
  RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., djtrickee, Oct-11-03 10:04 AM, #1
RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., jsupetran, Oct-11-03 10:06 AM, #2
RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., RxR_Eclipse, Oct-11-03 10:28 AM, #3
RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., EclipseRST, Oct-11-03 10:55 AM, #4
RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., ForceFed, Oct-11-03 11:09 AM, #5
RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., tim97rs, Oct-11-03 12:32 PM, #6
      RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Ryan_Hes, Oct-11-03 01:07 PM, #7
           RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., jsupetran, Oct-11-03 02:08 PM, #8
                RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., RxR_Eclipse, Oct-11-03 02:30 PM, #9
                     RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Ryan_Hes, Oct-11-03 04:25 PM, #10
                          RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., 97eclipseRS, Oct-12-03 08:50 AM, #11
                               RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Ryan_Hes, Oct-12-03 09:25 AM, #12
                               RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Eagle 5, Oct-12-03 09:29 AM, #13
                               RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., jsupetran, Oct-12-03 09:54 AM, #14
                                    RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Teamdougie2, Oct-12-03 12:38 PM, #15
                                         RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., TeamMetalJim, Oct-12-03 08:25 PM, #16
                                              RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., thedawg, Oct-13-03 08:02 AM, #17
                                                   RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Dave_FL, Oct-13-03 10:23 AM, #18
                                                        RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., EclipseRST, Oct-13-03 11:02 AM, #19
                                                             RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Dave_FL, Oct-13-03 02:51 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., 420AYE, Oct-13-03 09:16 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Teametx, Oct-14-03 03:04 AM, #22
                                                                       RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Teamdougie2, Oct-14-03 04:12 AM, #23
                                                                            RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., tim97rs, Oct-14-03 06:01 AM, #24
                                                                            RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., 420AYE, Oct-14-03 09:02 AM, #25
                                                                                 RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., icedout, Oct-14-03 01:46 PM, #26
                                                                                      RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Nitrous_RS1997, Oct-14-03 02:02 PM, #27
                                                                       RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Teamdougie2, Oct-14-03 08:05 PM #30
                               RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-14-03 04:29 PM, #28
                                    RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Ryan_Hes, Oct-14-03 05:30 PM, #29
                                         RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., Teamdougie2, Oct-14-03 08:11 PM, #31
                                              RE: Its Official, MY RIDE IS DEAD!!!!!!! Obituary inside..., tim97rs, Oct-15-03 05:26 AM, #32

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #58340 Previous topic | Next topic