Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55915
View in linear mode

Subject: "Car back fired???" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipsekaiserSep-10-03 12:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55915, "Car back fired???"

tonight I was trying to catch up to this hot girl from class. reason being I noticed her noticing me driving an eclipse. She was in a 03 civic.

Anyways I hardly let the forge psitons warm up before following her out to show her turbo powah. Spooled it and the car made a slight pop noise. felt it though the floor board. I thought to myself "oh shit"...I hope it is not the rings.

Drove the car home for the 5 mile duration. Car seems to idle fine. No misfire CEL, unlike last time with the cast psitons.

came home, car still idled fine. Performed a key dance, got a normal 55.

decided to cleanout my missing link, and swap in a set of fresh plugs. Old plugs look okay, but a bit black and not the usual whiteish/grey hue.

Will perform a compression check later this week when my GF lends me a hand.

Anyone else has similar experience with this? I think it might just be me mashing the throttle too far, and too much fuel was induced at that given moment, causing the backfire.

Moral of the story is I probably deserve the scare (which I really hope, and not a ring land) for being a pig. Oh and also I noticed my tranny pan is leaking a bit.

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Car back fired??? [View all] , eclipsekaiser, Sep-10-03 12:17 AM
  RE: Car back fired???, eclipsekaiser, Sep-10-03 01:31 AM, #1
RE: Car back fired???, grain, Sep-10-03 01:43 AM, #2
RE: Car back fired???, 97eclipseRS, Sep-10-03 04:41 AM, #3
      RE: Car back fired???, eclipsekaiser, Sep-10-03 10:15 AM, #4
Did a compression check tonight..., eclipsekaiser, Sep-10-03 08:45 PM, #5
      RE: Did a compression check tonight..., pn0ymahal, Sep-10-03 09:02 PM, #6
           RE: Did a compression check tonight..., BoostedGS, Sep-11-03 03:46 AM, #7
                RE: Did a compression check tonight..., Teametx, Sep-11-03 04:48 AM, #8
                     RE: Did a compression check tonight..., thedawg, Sep-12-03 06:51 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55915 Previous topic | Next topic