Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55329
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo)" Previous topic | Next topic
babybeclipseSep-01-03 04:05 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55329, "Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo)"

Well, If you all remember I was having problems sealing between the head and the manifold because the manifold was slightly warped. I was having problems boosting for obvious reasons.

SilverNT and I fixed that problem yesterday by adding another gasket between the head and the manifold and used copper gasket spray.

We also used the gasket spray on the manifold and the exhaust side of the turbo. LOOKS SWEET!!!! I highly recommend doing this mod. It smoked for a few min. but when the smoke dies down take it for a spin and slowly work up to boost. Next time you pop the hood, the turbo will look MUCH better.

Wow, what a differance in how the motor pulls. At 6-8ish PSI I'm haulin ass like never before. In the rain I lost traction the second I hit boost. I need to get to the dyno to tune this beast.

New problem!!!

I'm still laggin... I'm not boosting till around 3k RPM and it still pulls to just short of 10psi (cause I keep letting off the throttle I'm still NON-intercooled) Something is up with my wastegate.

I'm guessing my wastegate is stuck part open and causes lag on the bottom and cuts boost from running up to 20psi up top.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo) [View all] , babybeclipse, Sep-01-03 04:05 PM
  RE: Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo), The1Bill, Sep-01-03 05:54 PM, #1
RE: Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo), SILVERNT, Sep-01-03 06:05 PM, #2
      RE: Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-02-03 05:33 AM, #3
           RE: Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo), babybeclipse, Sep-02-03 07:59 AM, #4
                RE: Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo), whodatt1, Sep-03-03 03:55 AM, #5
                     RE: Stuck wastegate? + update on gottude turbo (auto trans-turbo), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-03-03 05:25 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #55329 Previous topic | Next topic