Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #53280
View in linear mode

Subject: "WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation" Previous topic | Next topic
jsupetranAug-03-03 07:31 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53280, "WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation"
Aug-03-03 07:34 PM by jsupetran

do you all think it would be a good idea to weld the oil drain fitting from the inside and outside areas. i was thinking that this would help eliminate all possibilities of leaks in this area.

also

is the oil pan pressurized?

i am doing the turbo install piece by piece (sfmu done; vac line done; boost gauge done) and am thinking of doing the turbo drain line this week but of course, it won't be draining any turbo oil. so maybe attaching the drain line, point it up, use some type of tie to secure it to the body against any hard impact so that once all is said and done, just attach the turbo on.

if the pan is pressurized, then of course the oil would squirt everywhere and scratch this idea.

finally, i was attempting to solder the inline fuel pump components with a radio shack 15 watt solder. needless to say, the solder didn't make a dent. what are you all using, and where did you all buy them.

-------jezreel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation [View all] , jsupetran, Aug-03-03 07:31 PM
  RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, grain, Aug-04-03 06:06 AM, #1
RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, tim97rs, Aug-04-03 09:09 AM, #2
      RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, Teamner947, Aug-04-03 09:31 AM, #3
           RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, HadesOmega, Aug-04-03 02:15 PM, #4
                RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, Teamdougie2, Aug-04-03 04:03 PM, #5
                     RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, fly1, Aug-04-03 06:29 PM, #6
                          RE: WELDING oil drain fitting; oil pan PRESSURIZED question; Soldering recommendation, jsupetran, Aug-04-03 07:59 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #53280 Previous topic | Next topic