Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20292
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wastegate-BC-manifold vs. Wastegate-BC-turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDeanoDApr-22-02 01:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20292, "Wastegate-BC-manifold vs. Wastegate-BC-turbo"

I was wondering if anyone has hooked up their boost controller between the intake manifold and wastegate.

Then hooked up the boost controller between the compressor side of the turbo and the wastegate.

I am not concerned about the psi drop in the intercooler/piping. I do want to know if boost came on sooner(lower rpm), turbo spooled quicker, less of a spike(boost controller specific) with either of the two setups.

I use the Turbo XS high performance boost controller. It has a course adjustment and fine adjustment(bleed screw for small adjustments and quicker spoolup). My instructions stated to install the controller between the wastegate and the turbo for low boost(below 15 psi) applications. For high boost, intstall it between the manifold and wastegate. I think this might be due to leaks in the system and this could cause boost spikes or fluctuations.

Any thoughts guys?

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Wastegate-BC-manifold vs. Wastegate-BC-turbo [View all] , TeamDeanoD, Apr-22-02 01:28 PM
  RE: Wastegate-BC-manifold vs. Wastegate-BC-turbo, whodatt1, Apr-23-02 12:54 AM, #1
RE: Wastegate-BC-manifold vs. Wastegate-BC-turbo, Kirby, Apr-23-02 01:45 AM, #2
      RE: Wastegate-BC-manifold vs. Wastegate-BC-turbo, whodatt1, Apr-23-02 07:07 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20292 Previous topic | Next topic