Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #17910
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rebuild and clutch ?'s" Previous topic | Next topic
41eclipseMar-17-02 01:43 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2002
266 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17910, "Rebuild and clutch ?'s"

I have the star stage 2 and have taken the engine out to put in the bottom end kit from howell (lower compression pistons). I have a question regarding the total seal rings, I have used the search function and some say not to use the total seal rings, since I only want to do the rebuild once can someone tell me if I should really get different rings(JE?). Tomorrow I am taking in the engine block, along with all the bottom end pieces to have the engine shop assemble, so I would have to delay them assembling it if I go with another brand of rings, but if that's what is best then I will order the other rings.

Also from everything I have read(and what I am going to do) I need to get the CM stage 4 clutch, can someone tell me the best(i.e. cheapest) place to get the cluch. I have a 95 with the non-modular cluch?, I think. I have it out and it is different from other cluches that I have seen. The ring gear is kind of by itself on a piece of thick sheet metal that bolts to the back of the clutch assembly with 4 bolts. The pressure plate and flywheel surface are riveted together with the disc stuck in between the two. Apparently I would need to buy a flywheel also

Also what is the best head gasket to use? Should I get a mopar?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Rebuild and clutch ?'s [View all] , 41eclipse, Mar-17-02 01:43 PM
  RE: Rebuild and clutch ?'s, Super20G, Mar-17-02 02:26 PM, #1
RE: Rebuild and clutch ?'s, HadesOmega, Mar-17-02 05:00 PM, #2
      RE: Rebuild and clutch ?'s, 41eclipse, Mar-17-02 05:12 PM, #3
           RE: Rebuild and clutch ?'s, randy, Mar-17-02 05:15 PM, #4
                RE: Rebuild and clutch ?'s, Fast420A, Mar-17-02 07:00 PM, #5
                     RE: Rebuild and clutch ?'s, 41eclipse, Mar-18-02 06:16 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #17910 Previous topic | Next topic