Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109595
View in linear mode

Subject: "ARP Exhaust Stud Kit and Hahn Turbo Manifold issue..." Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamFeb-01-13 10:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109595, "ARP Exhaust Stud Kit and Hahn Turbo Manifold issue..."

Anyone run the ARP exhaust stud kit and a Hahn turbo manifold have issues getting access to the nuts to tighten them?

I had thought using the stud kit would have proven beneficial and easier and it was great when it was just a regular header, but now I cant seem to use any of my tools onto the nuts to tighten them enough?

The issue happens in both the use of a normal deep socket... no clearance to put the socket on the stud/nut. I tried to use my 10mm 12point closed end wrench and cant clear the manifold to get around the stud.

I tried to make a flare'd 12point out of one of my 10mm wrenches, but i think i made the slot too big and it stops working at a given torque.

My only other thought is to locate a good flared 12point 10mm wrench or custom modify a closed ended one.

Also the lower nut on the downpipe to the turbo is nearly impossible to get access to to tighten.

I've been running with some exhaust leaks for a few weeks, but would like to get them closed up so I can stop smelling the exhaust fumes...

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

ARP Exhaust Stud Kit and Hahn Turbo Manifold issue... [View all] , iamnotwhoiam, Feb-01-13 10:52 AM
  RE: ARP Exhaust Stud Kit and Hahn Turbo Manifold issue..., Slo2g, Feb-01-13 12:01 PM, #1
RE: ARP Exhaust Stud Kit and Hahn Turbo Manifold issue..., AdministratorCODE4, Feb-01-13 04:29 PM, #2
RE: ARP Exhaust Stud Kit and Hahn Turbo Manifold issue..., iamnotwhoiam, Feb-05-13 08:21 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109595 Previous topic | Next topic