Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109519
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Oct-04-12 08:02 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109545, "RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?"
In response to In response to 6

Okay... I've read just a bit on 1:1 FPRs. Can someone check my logic?

(These are not statements of fact, but my current understanding that I need feedback on)...

- A stock fuel pressure regulator has a vacuum reference to compensate for the vacuum in the manifold helping to pull fuel from the injector, to keep a static working pressure across all vacuum ranges.

- A 1:1 FPR does the same, but also handles boost levels and raises the working fuel rail pressure to help push against the boost that is pushing against the injectors.

- A rising rate adjustable FPR also gets reference, but actually increases the working fuel pressure at the ratio you set. 2:1 would be 2 fuel psi on the rail for every 1 boost PSI, essentially adding fuel in boost for a given injector duty cycle when the stock ECU is unable to properly handle boost levels. (Or when injectors are under sized to begin with and need some help?)

Assuming my descriptions are close to correct above:

Say at 100% Duty cycle for an injector (or any constant value), will a 1:1 FPR keep the same amount of fuel flowing from -80kPa up to 80kPa? (Full Vac to 'full' boost)?

If that is the case, does the stock FPR just not handle the kPa > 0 (pressures above atmospheric)?

If I'm on track so far.... Can I simply use my Cartech 12:1 adjustable FPR and set it for 1:1, lock it down, and tune the motor with megasquirt?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch [View all] , Tired2, Sep-23-12 08:22 PM
  RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Tired2, Sep-24-12 08:09 AM, #1
RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Slo2g, Sep-24-12 08:45 AM, #2
      RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Tired2, Sep-24-12 09:36 AM, #3
           RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Gruff511, Sep-30-12 11:19 AM, #4
                RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-03-12 10:46 AM, #5
                     RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Oct-03-12 08:02 PM, #6
                          RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-04-12 08:02 AM #7
                               RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Oct-06-12 12:09 AM, #8
                                    RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-10-12 11:18 AM, #9
                                         RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, PinkPixi, Oct-14-12 09:43 PM, #10
                                              RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-15-12 11:31 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-02-12 09:25 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Nov-03-12 09:44 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Nov-03-12 05:50 PM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109519 Previous topic | Next topic