Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #101768
View in linear mode

Subject: "My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild" Previous topic | Next topic
McFoxOct-24-07 07:40 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2007
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101768, "My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild"

Ok as some of you know my turbo went bad (Hahn S16G). I'm away at college and working on rebuild it right now. Started tonight with a rough start. I already broke the cotter pin hold the wastegate on so I have to get a new one. Got oil feed and compressor housing off. Right now I'm stuck with getting the turbine side off. Any suggestions on how to do this without big tools? I have a nice tool set mainly consisting of sockets and wrenches.

Another small question. Right when the compressor housing comes off there is the big disk that encompasses the actually compressor wheel. Well my idiot friend slipped with the hammer and crack it a little bit on the edge. Big deal, little deal? Hahn sell replacements? Here's a picture of the crack. Just to the right of my friends finger (Not the one who broke it)

-Ed

'95 Eclipse RS-T
'91 Laser RS (Sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild [View all] , McFox, Oct-24-07 07:40 PM
  RE: My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild, VelocitaPaola, Oct-24-07 08:05 PM, #1
RE: My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild, bigrob3232, Oct-27-07 11:13 AM, #2
      RE: My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild, VelocitaPaola, Oct-27-07 11:27 AM, #3
           RE: My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild, djtrickee, Oct-27-07 12:17 PM, #4
                RE: My ultimate thread for my turbo rebuild, 2GeclipseRS, Nov-16-07 09:28 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #101768 Previous topic | Next topic