Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105977
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Weatherstripping Issue" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadJun-20-14 05:20 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105977, "New Weatherstripping Issue"

I replaced my old weatherstripping on the passenger side of my '99 project car. The old one was in bad shape, so I decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on a new one. Problem is, now that I installed the new one, the window doesn't close correctly. I tried adjusting the window regulator bracket, but that only helps when I close the door with the window up already. Am I missing something? I know that I installed the weatherstripping correctly (I checked several times). I was reading about the "rattle fix" regarding the window slider (MB321766 I think). Would that affect the ability of the window to seat properly? I'd rather ask than mess something up. By the way, this was the side that I found a couple bolts and screws missing from the regulator and had to replace the plastic hook on the glass near the door handle as well.
Thanks in advance.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105977 Previous topic | Next topic