Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1013
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long)" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogJan-29-01 04:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1016, "RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long)"
In response to In response to 2

I just siliconed the tabs all the way around the fixtures, and then also put 2 coates of silicon around the very back of the lights (where the clear plastic & the black plastic meet). I figure that is where a lot of the problem comes from. If you look at the way they try to seal the lights, the sealant is way back in the fixtures. If there is any gap back there, the water will be able to get in.
On the top of the lights as the plastic starts to angle down toward the point, I had almost a 1/4" gap where the 2 plastics were supposed to meet. I carefully put a bead all the way around, and used rubbing alcohol to clean up the excess silicon. You can't even really see the silicon afterwards. You basically are injecting the stuff between the plastic. I then checked both lights to make sure that I didn't have any visual gaps where the silicon was injected. Tomorrow I'm going to see just how good of a job I did by submerging them.

HeDog

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long) [View all] , HeDog, Jan-27-01 04:59 AM
  RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), Junoon, Jan-27-01 03:53 PM, #1
RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), oRACLe063, Jan-29-01 01:11 AM, #2
      RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), HeDog, Jan-29-01 04:51 PM #3
           RE: Lets Figure out these Altezza's! (Long), Junoon, Jan-29-01 05:13 PM, #4
                I think I got it, HeDog, Jan-31-01 05:11 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1013 Previous topic | Next topic