Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #96821
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics)" Previous topic | Next topic
ezOct-12-06 10:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96855, "RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics)"
In response to In response to 28

okay, I just spent like 5 minutes addressing everyone's questions. and when I go to post - it all disappears.

Originally posted by cs82685
damn that's pretty sick with the controller and all. You're gonna have to have some sort of write up on this for people

the only problem is that the write up would be a small book. there is a lot of detail involved, and a lot of things need to be addressed simply for safety and reliability. you wouldn't want to do all this work to simply have it all burn out in a month

maybe I can write up a primer or something... if I get enough motivation

Originally posted by oragon
you can make some nice money from this man..that's awesome lighting

and I know who I'd sell them to. all those suits driving 85thousand dollar beamers. one of those new BWMs over the weekend was swerving to get close to my car at stoplights, lol. he just kept staring. I bet I could sell them some stuff for good money.

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! ! ! That is craziness. I am not a fan of the controller thing, but they just look amazing dude. Personally, I would make another set of these, and slap them on ebay. I gurantee you could make $500+ on a set of those dude.

I'm proud of that controller. it's the first microcontroller I've ever made. and it works without going up in flames. I celebrated when I first lit it up

$500? ha ha, no. Let me just mention the cost of the LEDs, for one thing. yes, there are cheap ebay/chinese LEDs out there. but you will find that they all light up at different intensities and different colors. if you want your arrays to look the slightest bit decent and homogenous, you will be very disappointed. imagine putting all that work into this project, and your cheap LEDs burn out in a few months.

I bought color matched/voltage matched LEDs from lumileds. same kind used in Cadillacs. very high quality, meaning they cost at least 40 cents a piece. multiply that by 877 LEDs used in this project. some places sell these LEDs for $1/piece.

the labor is what kills you. you'd really have to twist my arm for me to do this kit for less than $3000. and that's if I like you. I'm sure I could speed up the process now that I know all the details and what works. but still - we are talking literally hundreds of hours

Originally posted by clipse_2005
I couldn't get the video to work but are you on HIDplanet.com?? I remember seeing a set of LED tails on an eclipse over there and they were amazing!

yea, both Dave and I

Originally posted by edxmon
dude im begging you! tell ME (us) how we can even BEGIN to do something like that i have 3 sets of tails to mess with, but i cant even imagine how to begin the wiring, im no electrician thats for sure. Can i give you points just because you did this? gosh darn i want them SOOO BAD! EDIT: FAwk it, ima start buying books and such, i just cant resist... i need to find out how to, and start doing this ASAP sorry if imtrying to copy cat, but damn the sexiness factor is off the charts!

that's the spirit! start reading up on electronics books. yea, you can give me points if you want. I'll give everyone and their momma a hundred points today b/c I'm done with this project. celebrate

Originally posted by Sorry_i_Win
very nice job. I personally wouldnt have done the center piece, but great job regardless.

the center piece was a must-have for me. I think they should have been lit up somehow straight from the factory. even Dino has a center piece light mod on the main page.

Originally posted by 96rs-t
Great work Erik. When do we start on mine?

when do we start on my HID retrofit?

Originally posted by donnyb373
i wounder what it would look like with talon tails, has the yellow with yellow leds, and have the red lit up all the time and when you hiut the brakes...hmmmmm

someone should definately do this.

Originally posted by DR1665
I do think it's funny, however, that Erik would blur out his tag when you consider how he has the only Eclipse in the entire state of Kalifornia with lights like that on the back.

"You never know who's watching Brian" - Tanner

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

full LED tails conversion (video and pics) [View all] , ez, Oct-10-06 12:40 PM
  RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), EvMan2345, Oct-10-06 12:47 PM, #1
RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), edxmon, Oct-10-06 01:00 PM, #2
      RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), ez, Oct-10-06 01:16 PM, #3
           RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), shuwa29, Oct-10-06 01:48 PM, #4
                RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), Moderatorcs82685, Oct-10-06 02:09 PM, #5
                RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), boosted60trimrst, Oct-10-06 02:13 PM, #7
                RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), oragon, Oct-10-06 02:11 PM, #6
                     RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), eclipse982nrRST, Oct-10-06 02:28 PM, #8
                     RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), lild14, Oct-10-06 02:29 PM, #9
                          RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), clipse_2005, Oct-10-06 02:42 PM, #10
                               RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), edxmon, Oct-10-06 03:22 PM, #11
                               RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), MitsuEclipseGS, Oct-10-06 03:46 PM, #12
                                    RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), destruckeclipse, Oct-10-06 07:53 PM, #13
                                    RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), donnyb373, Oct-10-06 08:41 PM, #14
                                         RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), knight ryda 99, Oct-10-06 09:05 PM, #15
                                              RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), Sorry_i_Win, Oct-11-06 01:32 AM, #16
                                                   RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), TeamDR1665, Oct-11-06 06:23 AM, #17
                                                        RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), Moderatorcs82685, Oct-11-06 07:38 AM, #18
                                                        RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), mike_d, Oct-11-06 08:15 AM, #19
                                                             RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), 96rs-t, Oct-11-06 08:27 AM, #20
                                                                  RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), R34Eclipse, Oct-11-06 12:53 PM, #21
                                                        RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), eclipse982nrRST, Oct-11-06 04:04 PM, #22
                                                             RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), destruckeclipse, Oct-11-06 05:27 PM, #23
                                                             RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), Collente, Oct-11-06 07:32 PM, #24
                                                                  RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), donnyb373, Oct-11-06 08:20 PM, #25
                                                                       RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), eclipse982nrRST, Oct-12-06 01:41 AM, #26
                                                                            RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), CustomGS, Oct-12-06 06:18 AM, #27
                                                             RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), TeamDR1665, Oct-12-06 07:29 AM, #28
                                                                  RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), ez, Oct-12-06 10:26 AM #29
                                                                       RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), TeamDR1665, Oct-12-06 10:55 AM, #30
                                                                            RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), Keith2172, Oct-12-06 01:01 PM, #31
                                                                                 RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), edxmon, Oct-12-06 01:14 PM, #32
                                                                                      RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), dsmmyth, Oct-12-06 03:59 PM, #33
                                                                                      RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), edxmon, Oct-12-06 04:45 PM, #34
                                                                                      RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), ez, Oct-13-06 09:29 AM, #37
                               RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), donnyb373, Oct-13-06 08:18 PM, #40
RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), BlackMagic, Oct-12-06 05:19 PM, #35
RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), 96rs-t, Oct-13-06 12:41 AM, #36
RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), ez, Oct-13-06 09:36 AM, #38
      RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), boosted60trimrst, Oct-13-06 12:25 PM, #39
           RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), Chamuko, Oct-13-06 10:45 PM, #41
                RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), 96rs-t, Oct-14-06 12:29 PM, #42
                     RE: full LED tails conversion (video and pics), susafuss, Oct-14-06 01:42 PM, #43

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #96821 Previous topic | Next topic