Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #83673
View in linear mode

Subject: "Beware of Wheelmax!" Previous topic | Next topic
aquafreetaApr-09-05 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
151 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83673, "Beware of Wheelmax!"

Just wanted to warn you guys of this company. The link below is a post started about Wheelmax and their warranty on their rims. They do offer a 1 year manufacturer's defect warranty HOWEVER!! ...you have to pay for all the shipping fees. I purchased some hyperblack rims and tires from them abt 5 mths ago. I noticed abt 3 weeks ago the finish on them was peeling and chipping off around the lip of all the rims. I got some really good cleaner and protector from a professional car place around here and tried to take care of it but no luck. So I called them up and they said they do cover what is happening to my rims but that i had to pay to ship them out to thim in Miami. Which is 200.00. Then they said the manufacturer will pay to have them shipped from Wheelamx in Miami to their warehouse in Japan (figures) and then they will test them to make sure it wasnt a chemical i used on the rims that made it do that. THEN, if they dont feel it is a manufacturer's defect, I have to pay to have my rims shipped from Japan all the way back here or I dont get them back. If they do feel it is a manufacturer's defect, then they ship them back to Miami where i have to pay to have them shipped back to me-which is another 200.00. Does this seem fair to you? Oh and also...for all of you who live in the north-which i do-salt on the roads IS NOT COVERED under that policy. Which means, if you left your rims on your car for the winter and the finished got messed up, wheelmax will not warranty them. That is what i guess happened to mine. They do have good deals on rims and tires and pretty sweet rims, just wanted you guys to know the "real deal" before you invest.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22997&mesg_id=22997&listing_type=search

-Anna (96 Eclipse GS)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/474544

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Beware of Wheelmax! [View all] , aquafreeta, Apr-09-05 11:33 AM
  RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, siueclipse, Apr-09-05 11:48 AM, #1
RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, DanKid, Apr-09-05 01:21 PM, #5
RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, silvreclipsers, Apr-09-05 11:49 AM, #2
RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, MiztahfooLish, Apr-09-05 11:50 AM, #3
RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, madhatter210, Apr-09-05 11:57 AM, #4
      RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, ColtsNumba1Fan, Apr-09-05 07:56 PM, #6
           RE: Beware of Wheelmax!, aquafreeta, Apr-10-05 04:04 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #83673 Previous topic | Next topic