Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8325
View in linear mode

Subject: "YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions." Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-21-09 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8325, "YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions."
Jun-13-05 09:15 AM by FlyinEsi

You guys are full of shit, getting it done in an hour! Took me 6ish hours to do with help, we had a couple snags, but still. I had to pull the intake manifold off with it, because I couldn't bust the bolts loose underneith on that damn bracket that is almost impossible to get to, but I figured it out.

Getting the timing belt loose was a total bitch, and I still don't know how I'm going to get it out...do you jack the motor up, or lower it down? I just have the drivers side motor mount pulled off. Thanks for advice.

Bad News:
-Exhaust valves are WHITE! Very very white. Means lean, correct?
-Head gasket doesn't look bad at all, but I guess that doesn't have to be the source of a leak there.
-Pistons look like shit. Mostly black, but my dad says that could be from just pulling the car in and out of the garage real quick, car being in open loop and running rich for a minute. No obvious damage to any of the pistons though. (that's a relief from running 18-22psi for the last 45K miles with probably less than acceptible tuning)

Good News:
- None to report yet. Drop off the head today at the machine shop. They will tell me the rest.

Question:
The air conditioner *radiator* has a bunch of white crusty build up on it...any idea what that is??

Comments:
Damn this is going to be a bitch to put back together. All those vacuum hoses, brackets, just a bunch of bullshit to bolt back on. Hope I'm not in over my head and can get this car to fire up again.

On top of all of this, I did most of this with a 100* fever running all day Saturday at a car show and Sunday while working on the car.

I have been without my car for about 26 hours and I miss her dearly already. Can't wait to get her all fixed.

I'll get some pics hosted up tomorrow of the block and air conditioner radiator.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions. [View all] , FlyinEsi, Apr-21-09 09:10 AM
  RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., TeamJeff_99gs, Jun-13-05 03:19 PM, #1
RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., BigBald, Jun-13-05 05:04 PM, #2
      RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-14-05 04:12 AM, #3
           RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., Remy, Jun-14-05 12:13 PM, #4
                RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-15-05 04:25 AM, #5
                RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., BigBald, Jun-15-05 06:00 AM, #6
                     RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-15-05 09:04 AM, #7
                          RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., TeamDR1665, Jun-15-05 09:49 AM, #8
                          RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., slowmitsu, Jun-16-05 05:44 AM, #9
                               RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., Remy, Jun-16-05 07:11 PM, #10
                                    RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., SaberKhan, Jun-18-05 07:39 AM, #11
                                         RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-20-05 04:32 AM, #12
                                              RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., TeamJeff_99gs, Jun-20-05 04:39 AM, #13
                                                   RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., HybriDSM, Jun-20-05 04:52 AM, #14
                                                        RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., BigBald, Jun-20-05 05:02 AM, #15
                                                             RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-20-05 05:27 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., L2RTSiAWD, Jun-20-05 08:16 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-20-05 08:42 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., Pitchblack98, Jun-20-05 09:15 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., L2RTSiAWD, Jun-21-05 08:09 AM, #21
                                                                                 RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-21-05 08:14 AM, #22
                                                                                      RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., L2RTSiAWD, Jun-21-05 08:21 AM, #23
                                                                                      RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., Pitchblack98, Jun-21-05 01:42 PM, #24
                                                                            RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., BigBald, Jun-20-05 01:20 PM, #20
                                                                                 RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-22-05 04:32 AM, #25
                                                                                      RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., Vandy420a, Jun-22-05 06:20 AM, #26
                                                                                      RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., L2RTSiAWD, Jun-22-05 07:25 AM, #27
                                                                                           RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., FlyinEsi, Jun-23-05 04:28 AM, #28
                                                                                                RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., L2RTSiAWD, Jun-23-05 07:12 AM, #29
                                                                                                     RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., TeamDR1665, Jun-23-05 07:54 AM, #30
                                                                                                          RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., L2RTSiAWD, Jun-24-05 06:12 AM, #31
                                                                                                               RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., turbo8u, Jun-24-05 06:51 AM, #32
RE: YEAH BABY! Got the head off. Now more questions., Tguy, Apr-01-10 04:31 PM, #33

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8325 Previous topic | Next topic